Residency without Midyear

Started by Aeon343
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aeon343

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I have been working in retail for a few months post graduation and I want to apply for residencies. I cannot go to midyear because of the time off I would need to take (which I can't do) and the cost of it. I want to email several programs and see if I can schedule a call about the program and maybe get some remembrance/time with them using that format.

How can I best go about this? What can I write in the email to them?
ALso, what questions should I be asking?

Would it be easier for me to just apply to the residency programs on phorcas?
 
Hi Aeon,

I suggest first e-mailing the RPD of the programs you are interested in. Introduce yourself as a practicing pharmacist (assuming you are licensed?) and your interest in pursuing a residency. Ask for the resident(s) contact information and whether you can contact them to ask questions.

If you get a response from the RPD, feel free to continue that chain of communication with further questions.
- What makes an ideal candidate for that RPD
- Any specific requirements you wouldn't know of from website
- Program specific info/brochures/etc
- Always try to find something about the program (specific rotation, specific opportunity, research) and ask about that.