Retaking a class with C-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grayorgrey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a 3rd year at my university, and I am freaking out because my plans turned sideways.

I received a C- in Chem2A (general chemistry first quarter), and a lot of PT schools want at least C. I can't retake it at my university because a C- is "passing" for them. I can't retake it at the nearby community college because they don't do plus and minuses and a C is passing for them as well.

How did everyone retake their classes that they technically passed?

Please help out. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I just retook it. It really doesn't matter what's counted as "passing." I'd do it at the community college if they don't use +/- that way a C is a C and counts not a C-

Like low5059 says, it does not really matter what the community college counts as passing or not passing when it comes to retaking a class. I had a B- in Biology and I retook it at a community college to get an A. As long as you have your money and a transcript that shows a passing grade for the prerequisite course of the class you are trying to retake, you will have no trouble.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
retake all your low grades at a CC and get A's, some schools replace the grade while others average out the attempts.

Reactions: 1 user
retake all your low grades at a CC and get A's, some schools replace the grade while others average out the attempts.

This is exactly what I'm currently doing. Get all A's and apply to schools that use grade replacement.