sasukeuchiha33

2+ Year Member
May 28, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all. So I'm applying to MD and DO schools this cycle. I took the MCAT twice and got a 505 both times (507 superscored; I have a 3.96 cGPA and 3.93 sGPA) and as such am not too hopeful about my chances, especially with the drastic increase in apps this cycle. My question is this: I really want to get ahead of things for next cycle. I'm currently a senior in college, and I have a two month winter break because of COVID, and was planning on studying for another retake from the beginning of December to the end of January, so about 1.5 months, which I think is more than enough time considering I've already put in so much work. My question is this: would that be a smart thing to do? Would medical schools I'm applying to this cycle see that I'm retaking the MCAT in January (because all of them said September was the last acceptable date for this cycle), and would this affect my application negatively? I don't think I'll get better undistracted study time at any other point in the next year, so I hope I'm able to do this and it not negatively impact me. As always, my favorite experts @LizzyM @Goro @gonnif @gyngyn you guys have never steered me wrong before, so please let me know what you think.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
This will not help you at all this cycle. Being a third time test taker will not greatly improve your chances in a cycle down the road.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

sasukeuchiha33

2+ Year Member
May 28, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
This will not help you at all this cycle. Being a third time test taker will not greatly improve your chances in a cycle down the road.
I'm aware; but I honestly think I could significantly improve my score if I need to reapply next cycle; that's why I was asking. In the case I need to reapply, I want to get ahead of it, but I don't want my app put on hold or something if I sign up for a test in January.

Aug 12, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm aware; but I honestly think I could significantly improve my score if I need to reapply next cycle; that's why I was asking. In the case I need to reapply, I want to get ahead of it, but I don't want my app put on hold or something if I sign up for a test in January.

Hey Sasuke. Have your AAMC FL's been significantly higher than your previous scores?

Your loving bro,
Itachi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Everybody thinks they can do better on try #3. The sad reality is that they don't. You have hit your plateau, most likely.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.