Retaking pre-reqs at a community college

Started by gk240
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gk240

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan on going to a community college to retake some pre-req courses that I got a C in at my university. My pre-req GPA is low and I need to retake them to make it more competitive. Will this be frowned upon by PT programs?
Do some PT schools only allow you to retake a certain amount of pre-reqs or can you retake as many as you want? I understand that some schools will average the two grades and some will accept the higher grade.
 
I'd check with the school- but for most programs it will not matter. Almost all of my prereq's are from community colleges (they weren't re-takes, just classes I never took as an undergraduate).

Also, if you retake a class, PTCAS will count the higher of the two.