Rewriting MCAT Study Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taylorswift132

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT in September 2016 and did not do nearly as well as I had hoped. I'm retaking it this summer and plan to spend ~2.5 months studying. I don't think I knew the material as well as I should have (i.e. organic chem) so I definitely want to spend some more time on that. Could I get some recommendations for re-studying? I'm using the EK series - should I re-take notes on all the chapters again? I plan to make online flashcards and just memorize through that but any other recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the MCAT in September 2016 and did not do nearly as well as I had hoped. I'm retaking it this summer and plan to spend ~2.5 months studying. I don't think I knew the material as well as I should have (i.e. organic chem) so I definitely want to spend some more time on that. Could I get some recommendations for re-studying? I'm using the EK series - should I re-take notes on all the chapters again? I plan to make online flashcards and just memorize through that but any other recommendations?

I'm studying for the MCAT for the first time, but I am several years out of college. I found an awesome post in these forums...

The MeVamp Protocol: A Low-Stress Organizational Framework for MCAT Self-Study

This is a long post but the method is seriously a game changer. It teaches you to really process what you're reading. I'm specifically talking about the BUILD method and timebox scheduling. Check it out. It helped me a ton!

Also, for not-so-structured studying on the go, I downloaded the Brainscape app on my phone. I liked it so much,I bought a subscription. They have prebuilt MCAT card decks and it kinda feels like a game, but I've learned a lot.

Good luck!

Last edited: