Rio Piedras, Ponce, Central Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liripez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody! I could not find this school anywhere in SDN (except for Ponce Class 2011)...I was wondering if anybody is applying to these schools and if they have heard anything so far... Thank you!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

.. I applied to Rio Piedras, Centra, and Ponce.. I did'nt receive anything so far, but the Rio Piedras interviews started !!!

I'm interviewing at Rio Piedras on the 18th of December!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m guessing August, but my recommendations didn’t arrive until late October which is when I finally got the e-mail telling me that my application was complete.

I’m guessing August, but my recommendations didn’t arrive until late October which is when I finally got the e-mail telling me that my application was complete.

Well.., I sumitted my application on October and the recommendation letters arrived on late November, soo I 'm waiting ... but a little anxious, though.:)

Well.., I sumitted my application on October and the recommendation letters arrived on late November, soo I 'm waiting ... but a little anxious, though.:)

Well, from what I have heard, the people that get interviews in December are students from US colleges and people that submitted really early applications. Nonetheless, good luck to you! :D

I live in USA and I'm going to visit for xmas...I'm really hoping that they would call me soon

hi everybody!
I interviewed in Ponce, SJB , and la Central last week...I'm very happy and anxious..just wanna know who else interviewed or has been accpeted already...good luck to everybody!!!

me too. I am very exited. I think the UCC committee was suppossed to meet on FEB 14 and make decisions. Which interview out of the three did you like the most?

let us know if you hear anything

me too. I am very exited. I think the UCC committee was suppossed to meet on FEB 14 and make decisions. Which interview out of the three did you like the most?

let us know if you hear anything

I really liked UCC, more than what I expected..I'll be very happy if they call me..The interview in Ponce was kind of hard, but they did not give me a tour, so I don't know what to think of the school. I was not too impressed with SJB but the people were very nice. I hope to learn something next week. Good luck :luck:.

one of the professors gave us a tour at Ponce. They facilities seem better. I It also seems that they have more research going on. The SJB students gave us a great tour and they seem super cool. It is nice to have the hospital rigth next door.
Good luck and let me know if you hear anything.

I interview Feb 25th w SJB. pretty excited and very very nervous. I really would love to study in PR.

Any advice? Also, what questions did they ask.....
Was the interview a group interview.?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interview Feb 25th w SJB. pretty excited and very very nervous. I really would love to study in PR.

Any advice? Also, what questions did they ask.....
Was the interview a group interview.?

Well, the interview is in Spanish. It is a group interview with a panel of physicians. You have to tell them about your background, an explain research or volunteer work experience. It is pretty relax. Keep up with current events. Hope this help, good luck!

liripez
How did you manage to get all of your interviews in the same week? Also, did you find one school to be harder interview wise than the other?

liripez
How did you manage to get all of your interviews in the same week? Also, did you find one school to be harder interview wise than the other?

I called all the schools and told them that I was gonna be there that week, and they called me back for interview...The interview in PSM was a little bit harder than the others... There were 2 individual interviews, but the questions were kind of akward.

I called all the schools and told them that I was gonna be there that week, and they called me back for interview...The interview in PSM was a little bit harder than the others... There were 2 individual interviews, but the questions were kind of akward.

What do you mean by awkward? What kind of questions did they ask you? Where did you stay when you went for your interviews? Thank you for all of your help!

What do you mean by awkward? What kind of questions did they ask you? Where did you stay when you went for your interviews? Thank you for all of your help!

I stayed with my family in Ponce. I'm from PR. For example, they ask me about racism in USA, about the primaries, and about alliens. I'm not kidding. This interviewer was a nice guy, but a little different. This interview lasted about 10 minutes and it was supposed to last about 30 to 45 minutes. Out of the 10 minutes he talked 5 on the phone with his wife. He also asked me my MCAT score and GPA, and I don't think he was supposed to ask me that on the interview. So I'm a little nervous about it, but hopefuly I would get in. Don't let this discourage you. You would probably interview with somebody different. Good luck!

Any Idea On When Ponce Will Make A Decision?

no. but I hope they let me know by the end of Feb. It seems that Ponce takes a while (I said this by looking at last years postings).

I'm in!!!!! I just got my acceptance letter from la Central....I'm very happy right now, good luck everybody!

that is great. Where do you live. I am in florida hope to get the letter soon...
congratssssss.

are any schools outside of usa lcme accredited and dont require spanish speaking for pupils and their national language is english?

I recently received acceptances from UCC & SJB and will be attending UCC!!! Best of luck to everyone :)

waitlist at UCC:thumbdown:.

Anyone knows how that works with them?

I'm in!!!!! I just got my acceptance letter from la Central....I'm very happy right now, good luck everybody!

hey congrats to you. you should be very proud. i read the other forum and I am still disgusted with some of the comments. It is nothing more than IGNORANCE from their part. I can't believe that future physicians will refere like that to their colleagues.

congratulationsss. You will make a great doctor because you know what it is to fight against the odds.
Your experiences give you a sensibility that many don't have.

good job.

Accepted in Ponce and UCC..will be going to PSM..so I'm calling UCC to leave that spot for somebody else...good luck everybody!

hey congrats to you. you should be very proud. i read the other forum and I am still disgusted with some of the comments. It is nothing more than IGNORANCE from their part. I can't believe that future physicians will refere like that to their colleagues.

congratulationsss. You will make a great doctor because you know what it is to fight against the odds.
Your experiences give you a sensibility that many don't have.

good job.

Thank you. Don't worry you would get in, hang in there. Good luck!

HI, there is any mainlanders who apply to SJB, UCC, RCM and has been invited to interview or has been accepted?? I applied to these school but I hasn't received any notification, somebody tell me that mainlanders interview start later, is this true?:)

Is Psm Harder To Get In Than Ucc?

HI, there is any mainlanders who apply to SJB, UCC, RCM and has been invited to interview or has been accepted?? I applied to these school but I hasn't received any notification, somebody tell me that mainlanders interview start later, is this true?:)
I AM FROM FLORIDA AND GOT 3 INTERVIEWS IN PTO RICO. WAITING NOW.

Is Psm Harder To Get In Than Ucc?

In PR it has the reputation for been one of the hardest to get in (right there with UPR)..I know that more people apply at PSM than to UCC and SJB (not sure about UPR)..PSM have a very good research program, and it seems that PSM wants their students to go back to USA. This could be why it has this reputation.

are any schools outside of usa lcme accredited and dont require spanish speaking for pupils and their national language is english?
no. the only LCME accredited schols outside of the contental US are the PR schools, and they all emphasoze Spanish fluency

Accepted in Ponce and UCC..will be going to PSM..so I'm calling UCC to leave that spot for somebody else...good luck everybody!

CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting ur gonna be a Dr!

I just called SJB today and Mrs. Sanchez said they will be interviewing until April or May but there doesn't seem to be a hard and fact cutoff date. G'luck!

Edit: for those who interviewed at eithr PSM or SJB, how long after you were complete were you offered an interview? And did you continue to follow up with them and send updates along the way??

Edit: for those who interviewed at eithr PSM or SJB said:
I sent PSM's file complete in mid jan and I got my interview notification approx 2/19ish. My interview is this friday march 7

Hey can anyone give me any advice on how to prepare for UCC? I just received a call today and it looks like I might have my interview this monday :)! Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK U

O btw UVABranch I called a LOT to see what my status was I'm sure that they HATE me lol

I sent PSM's file complete in mid jan and I got my interview notification approx 2/19ish. My interview is this friday march 7

Hey can anyone give me any advice on how to prepare for UCC? I just received a call today and it looks like I might have my interview this monday :)! Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK U

UCC intereview is pretty laid back. First, you will have a group interview, you discuss a case, and then a personal interview. I had my individual interview with 2 doctors at the same time, it should last about 15 min (mine lasted about 5, don't know why). Then they'll give you the tour. They ask you mostly about your background and experience. It would be good if you can speak Spanish fluently. Nothing out of the ordinary. The interview with PSM might be more difficult, at least it was for me. Let me know if you have more questions. Good Luck!

Did somebody was accepted in RCM?:)

I Am In At Ucc. Yeeaa

Hey Boys, can somebody tell me if people (male) who was interviewed use dress (Suit) or what kind of cloth you used ( formal or not formal)... Thanks:)

Hey Boys, can somebody tell me if people (male) who was interviewed use dress (Suit) or what kind of cloth you used ( formal or not formal)... Thanks:)

The guys that I interviewed with wore a suit, and it should not be black (but some people wear black). It looks a lot better to wear a suit than a shirt and dress pants, it's more profesional.

A suit!!, black (more conservative) or blue navy, white shirt and a full solid color tie... look at the US president!!!!:D

Wear A Suit. Blue Or Red Tie With Simple Patterns.

LILI:

HOW DID PONCE CONTACTED YOU?
I AM IN AT UCC ALSO YEAA. HOPING FOR PONCE.

LILI:

HOW DID PONCE CONTACTED YOU?
I AM IN AT UCC ALSO YEAA. HOPING FOR PONCE.

For the interview they called me back. I called them and told them that I was traveling there that week, and that I wantted to know if an intrerview could be possible. They called me back that same day. I interviewed 3/5 and they sent me an email 3/25. They also sent me a written confirmation through mail that same week. Hope this help. Have you interview there yet?

liripez thank you for all of your help you have been awesome. Good luck in all that you do!