You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rio Piedras, Ponce, Central Class of 2012
Started by liripez
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
IM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!
i am in at UCC.
i am in at UCC.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, thus far this is my only acceptance. so im going to UCC for sho!
are you thinking about UCC over Ponce?
are you thinking about UCC over Ponce?
UCC IS STILL IN THE PROCESS OF INTERVIEWS. I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY SPOTS ARE LEFT. I WAS PUT ON "LISTA DE ALTERNOS" 3 WEEKS AGO. I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I AM IN TWO DAYS AGO.Hello, Someone Knows if RCM and UCC is interviewing or the interview process end?🙂
GOOD LUCK
I Am In At Psm
congrats!!
how does UCC and PSM rank in your list? Did you like PSM better? how do the facilities compare?
I am still hoping for a PSM interview.
I Am In At Psm
Congratulations!!! I guess I will see you at PSM! hey let me know if you learn anything from the school like schedule, dates, books... I just know that we have to register July 16..😀
ditto!congrats!!
how does UCC and PSM rank in your list? Did you like PSM better? how do the facilities compare?
I am still hoping for a PSM interview.
Congrats chaicos!!
Thanks, Thanks.
We Should Start Like A Facebook Group For The Psm Class Of 2012.
Good Luck Guys
Somebody started one, but I haven't joined yet.. I was waiting for somebody else to join.
I liked PSM better with better facilities including 24hrs study room and closer housing.congrats!!
how does UCC and PSM rank in your list? Did you like PSM better? how do the facilities compare?
I am still hoping for a PSM interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we have to speak Spanish as a must for entrance at PR medical schools?
Thanks.
I don't think is a must, but it will help you to get admission, and it will definitely help you later.
It depends on the school. Some schools have you seeing patients from the begining so speaking spanish is important, others do not. If you don't speak the language fluently then it's likely that you will pick up the language after a little while just from living there. I'm not really fluent, so I'm hoping if I get an interview that I'll get one in english like other posters haveDo we have to speak Spanish as a must for entrance at PR medical schools?
Thanks.

It depends on the school. Some schools have you seeing patients from the begining so speaking spanish is important, others do not. If you don't speak the language fluently then it's likely that you will pick up the language after a little while just from living there. I'm not really fluent, so I'm hoping if I get an interview that I'll get one in english like other posters have![]()
What about taking all the Spanish premed requirements of 2 semesters? Is it like a must for all the schools? What kind of Spanish just basic intro to Spanish or some tough courses in Spanish?
Thanks.
I've taken the 2 semesters but I have 8 credits (4 each) not just the required 6. I'm still not completly fluent. Honestly it depends. I spoke to Ponce yesterday and they said that because of patient interaction that you really shold be fluent in the begining. SJB didn't have such a stong stance on it. You can call the schools and ask. Honestly if you really want it get CDs and practice on your own. Have you applied yet or are you asking to decide if you want to apply for 2009?
does anyone know the cost of attendance for UCC?
I think 17000 instate 2700 OOS + 16000 for cost of livingdoes anyone know the cost of attendance for UCC?
I've taken the 2 semesters but I have 8 credits (4 each) not just the required 6. I'm still not completly fluent. Honestly it depends. I spoke to Ponce yesterday and they said that because of patient interaction that you really shold be fluent in the begining. SJB didn't have such a stong stance on it. You can call the schools and ask. Honestly if you really want it get CDs and practice on your own. Have you applied yet or are you asking to decide if you want to apply for 2009?
I appreciate your reply.
Dude I'm a pre-med and will be applying soon as soon as I get my undergraduate degree.
That's really surprising that SJB don't worry to much about speaking Spanish fluently and they are ok with it good for you man!!
I hope you get in.
I wonder what's the standard gpa for accepting students in P.R schools?
Man going to medical school in a Paradise like Puerto Rico thats like a dream come true!
Thanks.
I wonder what's the standard gpa for accepting students in P.R schools?
3.67 (RCM avrg), to get a good chance! 🙂 but above 3.30 with a competitive MCAT will be ok!
3.67 (RCM avrg), to get a good chance! 🙂 but above 3.30 with a competitive MCAT will be ok!
Thanks man.
Hi all, I was just offered an interview at SJB and want to try to get one (if they were thinking of interviewing me) at Ponce while I'm there. Any tips on how best to do this or stories from personal experience? Also housing for the interview/how to get around like rental car info...thanks!
I rented a car with GPS and it saved my life. With Hertz, they only offer GPS on the large size cars. It was more expensive. You should call Ponce and explain to them that you are traveling to pto. If they have interest in you, they will accomodate. You should fly to San Juan. Caguas (SJB) is only like 30 min from San Juan. It it also on the way of San Juan to Ponce. Ponce is like 1hr and a half from San Juan. Try the hilton in caguas. You will be next to SJB and closer to Ponce than San Juan. The road that connects San Juan and Ponce is the 52. There is a website called Dondees.com that might be useful. The GPS does not come with the schools. You have to put mainn landmarks that are nearby. Send me a PM and I will try to help you. /i just went to the adventure. /i did not know anybody in pto rico. /it was hard but I survived. I live in Wellington. Are you the one in Boca. Let me know.Hi all, I was just offered an interview at SJB and want to try to get one (if they were thinking of interviewing me) at Ponce while I'm there. Any tips on how best to do this or stories from personal experience? Also housing for the interview/how to get around like rental car info...thanks!
I started a thread for PSM 2012 in the allophatic forum. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=510597
I like the idea of keeping this one open, so all med students going to Puerto Rico can exchange info regardless of the school they are attending. If anyone knows how to move a thread, please let me know.
I like the idea of keeping this one open, so all med students going to Puerto Rico can exchange info regardless of the school they are attending. If anyone knows how to move a thread, please let me know.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 127
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 8K