Rosalind Franklin BMS 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How could we reach Melissa? I don't think her contact information is provided on the school's website. Thank you in advance for your help!

I sent you a PM

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know when most of the waitlist movement is supposed to occur?

Hey Starfish,

The commitment date for Med schools was May 15th, so that's when most seats get filled for medical schools. So what this means for BMS hopefuls is that there are going to be less seats becoming vacant due to students getting into medical schools. However, BMS students from last year don't have to commit to CMS until next week. If any one of them decides not to matriculate, there will be a few more seats. This is not likely. What is likely though, is that several people with acceptances to BMS this year may commit to a different SMP program, get cold feet and back out, decide to do BMS a different year, or quit medicine altogether. Unfortunately, they don't have to make that decision until classes begin. We had several students attend other programs and a few that decided during orientation that BMS was going to be too much of a commitment.

Anyway, I hope you get in off the list soon, because it seems like you have the drive for BMS. If you don't get in this year, just rebuff that application and apply super early next year.

:luck:

soooo how does applying to CMS works? Do you apply during your BMS and get in the following August? Or you have to wait another year AFTER you completed your BMS?

Members don't see this ad :)
soooo how does applying to CMS works? Do you apply during your BMS and get in the following August? Or you have to wait another year AFTER you completed your BMS?

You apply to CMS through AMCAS before the deadline, just like every other med school. There is no glide year- if you get into CMS, you will enter the same calendar year that you get accepted.

Do any of your guys know whether they rejects applicants? I havent read a post where an applicant has been rejected. I feel like it's either you're accepted or placed on their wait list... And then eventually get rejected once classes start (and after filling all their spots). Anybody has any thoughts?

Do any of your guys know whether they rejects applicants? I havent read a post where an applicant has been rejected. I feel like it's either you're accepted or placed on their wait list... And then eventually get rejected once classes start (and after filling all their spots). Anybody has any thoughts?

A friend of mine was denied admission last year and she was not on the waitlist. I am not sure if they are handling the admission process the same way this year or not.

Ok good... I was just being paranoid then. Ugh this whole being on the wait list is driving me crazy!!

i even know someone who currently has her deposit down for BMS, but will probably end up doing something else since she got into another post bacc since getting into BMS. I'm sure she will give up her BMS spot soon, but she hasnt yet. And I'm sure there are at least a couple more people in the same exact position. So if your on the waitlist, there's some hope.

I have asked Professor Riblon about wait-list stats but she said that she couldn't give any information since it changes frequently. She also said that I should know my final status soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it depends on where someone is on that waitlist, then they have an idea if that person will get in or not. I wish there was a way to find out how many people are on that list. We just have to wait it out I guess.

sigh yeah i suppose you're right. i was just confused when u said that riblon told you you would have an idea of your final status soon...i wonder if that means that everyone on the waitlist will find out soon?
oh and good luck!

I think she meant in general. I am pretty sure now that the application deadline has passed, they will be able to wrap things up pretty quickly and know how many people they are going to admit.

and good luck to you too!

do you guys think the class is full by now?

I think they have already offered all the spots available and are just waiting for those students to either accept or turn their acceptance down. I believe they can change their mind until the day of orientation that's why on their email they said we could be waiting until August 13th... Yikes!

I'm paranoid and nervous like a lot of people here. Just curious to see if anyone who has applied in the past month has gotten any responses from the admissions committee yet?

In all fairness, they did say it will take 4-6 weeks for the application to be reviewed, so I'm just waiting :)

I'm paranoid and nervous like a lot of people here. Just curious to see if anyone who has applied in the past month has gotten any responses from the admissions committee yet?

In all fairness, they did say it will take 4-6 weeks for the application to be reviewed, so I'm just waiting :)

I applied around a month ago got my acceptance yesterday, no wait list.

Application sent: 5/7
Application complete e-mail: 5/14
Acceptance packet: 6/12

Anybody looking for a male roommate?
GL to those still waiting for good news! :luck:

Did you send in your application in May or was your application complete in May (or maybe both?)

Mailed: May 7th or so.
Didn't get any notification about completion but I was an MD applicant so they could access my transcript and stuff through that. Called around May 12th or so and they said it went into review. Got a letter yesterday 6/11 dated 6/6

Application sent: 5/7
Application complete e-mail: 5/14
Acceptance packet: 6/12

Anybody looking for a male roommate?
GL to those still waiting for good news! :luck:

Congrats! I appreciate you sharing your info about your application dates.

Congrats all! I'm applying to this program for next fall, does anyone know if I have a chance with a 2.8 and 31R? It doesn't look like they reject too many people but I know my stats are a bit ****ty :(

Looking for a male roommate too. Were you thinking student housing at RFU or off campus housing like Woodlands?

Congrats all! I'm applying to this program for next fall, does anyone know if I have a chance with a 2.8 and 31R? It doesn't look like they reject too many people but I know my stats are a bit ****ty :(

Apply early. I've heard of people with similar stats being accepted.

I hear student housing is pretty full, so woodlands. It's cheaper iirc.

Thanks! So you don't think I should wait till I have my first semester grades to apply?

If it'll bump you up yeah. I've been hearing they don't take updates once your application is complete.

Thanks! So you don't think I should wait till I have my first semester grades to apply?

If you're applying for next fall, entering aug 13', wait until after your fall grades are in. I don't believe they begin reviewing apps until February. Can someone confirm this?

If you're applying for next fall, entering aug 13', wait until after your fall grades are in. I don't believe they begin reviewing apps until February. Can someone confirm this?

I think you are right first acceptances went out around feburary.

Does anyone know what the class schedule is? There used to be a PDF on the website but I can't find it anymore.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

Does anyone know what the class schedule is? There used to be a PDF on the website but I can't find it anymore.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

Attached are the 12-13 academic calendar showing important dates and breaks as well as the 11-12 class schedule. I don't believe the 12-13 class schedule is out.

Attachments

• 2012-2013 Academic Calendar.pdf
    32.1 KB · Views: 173
  • BMS 2011-12 Schedule (9_29_2011).pdf
    201.3 KB · Views: 200
Attached are the 12-13 academic calendar showing important dates and breaks as well as the 11-12 class schedule. I don't believe the 12-13 class schedule is out.

Thanks for the 11-12 class schedule. That was extremely helpful!

Thanks for the 11-12 class schedule. That was extremely helpful!

I hear this from someone from the 11-12 class who is now an m1A so take it for what it's worth apparently we will be on a 3 week testing schedule as opposed to a 2 week schedule like the previous class.

I hear this from someone from the 11-12 class who is now an m1A so take it for what it's worth apparently we will be on a 3 week testing schedule as opposed to a 2 week schedule like the previous class.

I hope not, I like the way it currently is.

Thank you so much for this! It's such a great reference for all of us.

Can someone give us a rough estimate of how much textbooks cost altogether for these courses?

Which books do past BMS students recommend and is there an update on current BMS students getting into CMS? Also, which other schools have current BMS students gotten into besides CMS? Thanks!

This is true (according to Dr. McCormack), so the 2011-12 schedule may or may not be helpful. Also, the 2011-12 schedule that was posted was updated in Sept 2011, and there have been several revisions since then.

Can someone give us a rough estimate of how much textbooks cost altogether for these courses?

The only text I ever looked at was Haines' Neuroanatomy. This is the Holy Book for Neuro and you will be at a sore disadvantage if you don't get a copy. No other text is necessary to buy in my opinion. There are plenty of free PDF versions of the other textbooks floating around campus and you probably won't need them anyway. So your total cost for textbooks should be around $60 for Haines.

which other schools have current BMS students gotten into besides CMS? Thanks!

Not many. Most BMS students wanted CMS because the credits transfer. One or two students are going to other allopathic med schools (not sure specifically which ones), a few are going into podiatry at Scholl, one is attending dental school at UIC, and there are <5 others that were attempting to matriculate into other allied health programs.

This is true (according to Dr. McCormack), so the 2011-12 schedule may or may not be helpful. Also, the 2011-12 schedule that was posted was updated in Sept 2011, and there have been several revisions since then.

The only text I ever looked at was Haines' Neuroanatomy. This is the Holy Book for Neuro and you will be at a sore disadvantage if you don't get a copy. No other text is necessary to buy in my opinion. There are plenty of free PDF versions of the other textbooks floating around campus and you probably won't need them anyway. So your total cost for textbooks should be around $60 for Haines.

Not many. Most BMS students wanted CMS because the credits transfer. One or two students are going to other allopathic med schools (not sure specifically which ones), a few are going into podiatry at Scholl, one is attending dental school at UIC, and there are <5 others that were attempting to matriculate into other allied health programs.

Thanks so much for the useful insider info!

has anyone gotten off the wait list recently? i think chances are slim at this point.

I was wondering what people's stats on the waiting list were. Mine's a 3.0 and 27 mcat. I have decent EC's and LOR's. I see that people posting on the forum think the chances of getting in off the waitlist are very low. I didn't think so, but after I read some responses, I started to get a bit worried but for some reason I still feel like there are a significant amount of spots available. Any reason why you guys think there a minimal spots available now?

I was wondering what people's stats on the waiting list were. Mine's a 3.0 and 27 mcat. I have decent EC's and LOR's. I see that people posting on the forum think the chances of getting in off the waitlist are very low. I didn't think so, but after I read some responses, I started to get a bit worried but for some reason I still feel like there are a significant amount of spots available. Any reason why you guys think there a minimal spots available now?

I know... At first I wasn't worried too, but now I'm kind of getting used to the idea that I won't be doing any SMPs this fall. I'm currently waitlisted at Tufts and RFU. Time for plan B =(

Hey guys (who are currently waitlisted),

I wouldn't completely lose hope. I actually visited there a few days ago and they told me that mid/late June is when most people are taken off the waitlist (the busiest time of year for them) and that they will continue to fill spots until orientation. Also, that same admissions counselor told me that they're accepting 118 students for the upcoming BMS class and that the class wasn't completely full. Good luck to those waiting. Hopefully you'll hear good news soon!

The May 15th medical school deadline has passes, so most medical school wait list movement at this point will be minimal. From the information I'm seeing on SDN and hearing from friends most people are being waitlisted right now.

I have no clue how full the class is I'm just giving possible reasons why people may think so.

On the other side myself and several friends and others on SDN have recently recieved acceptances after applying in early to mid May.

Take it for what it's worth there's about 38 or so people in the Facebook group, that could say anything or nothing about current class size.

I'm personally inclined to believe they are close to that 110-120 mark they try to stay around.

I am also on the waitlist for George Town and Midwestern. My gpa is 3.0 and 31 MCAT. Have three years of research experience but not a lot of clinical experience. I would like to think that I got good LORs lol