Rosalind Franklin BMS 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I know it's 2 weeks after they receive their offer letter. But the deposit is relatively cheaper than other programs so people might just be paying that amount to have it as a safe alternative... Hopefully more people will get in to medical schools and give up their spots :scared:

Do you think there are no spots left? So we have to wait on students to be accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

About the online concentrations...so Health Admin ones are easier? and you usually get into your first pick?

I don't even remember what I chose...probably womens health...which I read was hard...

Are we allowed to switch concentrations?

Members don't see this ad :)
About the online concentrations...so Health Admin ones are easier? and you usually get into your first pick?

I don't even remember what I chose...probably womens health...which I read was hard...

Brian Trainor just sent out an email yesterday regarding which track option we would like under Health Administration. He gave Leadership or Business emphasis as options, but I also asked if Public Health was an option and he said yes. I chose Business emphasis after reading some of the course descriptions (interested me more and seemed easier).

Pick HCAM and forget about anything else (unless you're really fascinated with women's health/nutrition). You'll thank yourself during the end of the year when taking neuro and physio together.

Hi my name is Pankaj Tripathi and I am a post-doc researcher at Rosalind Franklin University. I have a two bedroom apartment at Woodlands, which is right next door to campus, and I am looking for a roommate for the upcoming year. If you are interested and would like to contact me, please do so through me email at [email protected] or cell (224) 730-8464.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from the waitlist yet! It's July already!!! ahhh I hope they start taking people already!!!!

I feel like I either picked Pub Health or Women's Health (which I am really interested in) but I'd rather have an easier life than a more difficult one.

Can we change concentrations?

I don't think switching concentrations should be a problem. You should email one of the admissions counselors to make sure.

If you are NOT going to Rosalind Franklin for the BMS program, please tell admissions that you aren't going! Also, if anyone gets off the waitlist, please post ASAP and give info on when you applied and when you were waitlisted! Thank You.

Seriously :scared:

I just got in from waitlist. Applied at the end May 31 and got in from waitlist yesterday. Now trying to figure out housing since it starts next month. Anyone know whats the best way to go about it at such a late time?

I just got in from waitlist. Applied at the end May 31 and got in from waitlist yesterday. Now trying to figure out housing since it starts next month. Anyone know whats the best way to go about it at such a late time?

Do you mind sharing your stats? And how did they contact you to let you know you got in?

I rescinded my offer so hopefully someone else gets it ! Good luck to you all. I do wish I was coming back to Chicago :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing your stats? And how did they contact you to let you know you got in?

I dont know my cgpa, transferred from toronto to depaul so have 2 separate gpas. toronto gpa was 1.7 but my depaul gpa was around 3.7, sGPA around 3.5. taking mcat on august 3, so submitted GRE scores instead. They emailed me I got accepted but no other details, hope this helps. Do they mail you an acceptance package?

Anyone know where to find housing this late? I dont have a car so need something close to campus. I heard about the navy housing, how do i apply to it or who to contact? Thanks

Last edited:
hata13, you should consider Woodlands first since it's the next best thing from student housing...call to see if they have any singles left or look for roomates here/facebook. Navy housing is also great but I have no info on that. If by any chance you decide to get a car, your other options are to look for apartments on Waukegan Road (these are Deer Valley, Forest Pointe, Landings)...they all are ~5-10 min drive to school. Also, just put your name on the student housing waiting list even though it's late...you never know what might turn up.

If you are NOT going to Rosalind Franklin for the BMS program, please tell admissions that you aren't going! Also, if anyone gets off the waitlist, please post ASAP and give info on when you applied and when you were waitlisted! Thank You.

Application complete May 17ish, Waitlisted May 30, got in July 3rd. GPA: 3.1; 33 MCAT

Can anyone tell me if the program offers health imsurance to its students, as well as how to get our hands on the health physical form which is required? I was accepted by email and snail mail in mid-May but have received no correspondence about these matters.

Thanks so much.

not bad, hospice volunteering, missions trip to honduras, a couple of translation volunteer jobs

Thanks! Our EC's our similar, but I have a higher GPA (3.4c 3.9s) and a lower MCAT (28). I wonder how much weight either one holds. Each day that goes by I become more and more nervous!

And congrats on your acceptance!

Last edited:
That's pretty good, where'd you go to undergrad? I hear in general there's a lot of movement on the waitlist, I heard some people get in late July early August too. You'll be fine

That's pretty good, where'd you go to undergrad? I hear in general there's a lot of movement on the waitlist, I heard some people get in late July early August too. You'll be fine

Bradley University '08. Yourself?

I hope you are right!

No news about waitlist people today???

Hi, my friend who is an M2 is looking for someone to share a 2 bedroom 1 bath at woodlands. The apartment is on the 3rd floor of one of the newer buildings. After utilities and the other misc. fees rent is around 700 a month. PM me and I will get you in contact with him and try to get any additional details you may need. Thanks

Crazed

Got off the waitlist!!!!!

Congrats! Were you notified through email? And was it the same kind of generic email as the one that notified us of being on the waitlist? I've been on the waitlist since May 7th and the wait game is killing me.

Hey! I was notified through email. The wait was an extreme torture I agree.

Also got off the waitlist around 4pm central time - so I guess there was a lot of movement today. Pretty pumped! I'm going to give cincinnati a call, but most likely I'll end up here considering how competitive it is there.

please add me to the facebook group :)

Last edited:
I wonder how different things will be now that M1s will have pass/no pass classes and the only people who will receive grades are BMS students?

Does anyone know how many people got into CMS from the BMS program last year?

Even with the P/F system, I suspect everyone will continue to work hard to get that "A" since students can actually stand out from the rest by being in the top percentile. As a BMSer, you should strive to get all A's regardless (right??). I hear upwards of about 65-70 people out of ~100 got in (the rest rejected) and are actually matriculating....not perfect but it just goes to show the difficulty of the program and should not be misconstrued as an easy ticket into med school. So, be willing to work extra hard!

Even with the P/F system, I suspect everyone will continue to work hard to get that "A" since students can actually stand out from the rest by being in the top percentile. As a BMSer, you should strive to get all A's regardless (right??). I hear upwards of about 65-70 people out of ~100 got in (the rest rejected) and are actually matriculating....not perfect but it just goes to show the difficulty of the program and should not be misconstrued as an easy ticket into med school. So, be willing to work extra hard!

Of course, without a doubt I will strive for those As.. Whatever it takes lol do you know what the stats are ofthe people that got rejected? Will their previous stats prior to applying have an effect on getting in to cms?

I called admissions and they said that the class is currently full and they will pull people off the waitlist as needed until the first day of classes. Here is to more waiting for those still on the waitlist...

I called admissions and they said that the class is currently full and they will pull people off the waitlist as needed until the first day of classes. Here is to more waiting for those still on the waitlist...

:scared:

Of course, without a doubt I will strive for those As.. Whatever it takes lol do you know what the stats are ofthe people that got rejected? Will their previous stats prior to applying have an effect on getting in to cms?[/QUOTE

The overwhelming majority of BMS students who fail to gain acceptance in to CMS during the BMS year are rejected because they received one or more C's in medical school classes. (The only exception to this rule, as far as I know, is one BMS student a few years ago who was rejected because he was rude to an interviewer.)

As far as prior stats go, it doesn't matter. I knew many people who had either a bad GPA and/or MCAT during undergrad but did very well in the program and got in. On the flip side, there was a student with a 3.4/32 who got a C in neuro and was rejected.

As you said, strive to get A's in the med and online classes regardless of your undergrad stats. If you do well in the program you will be rewarded handsomely regardless of previous academic performance.

I reserved my spot today, hand delivered the check and signed forms. MCAT was in the 30's but GPA was very poor.

I reserved my spot today, hand delivered the check and signed forms. MCAT was in the 30's but GPA was very poor.

Do you mind sharing how poor is your GPA (I'm in the same boat too)?
Thanks

Hey everyone....applied late, very late.....placed on waitlist June 30th, got in July 5th. cGPA 3.5 from uw madison, MCAT 27. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Congrats!

Last edited:
Hi!! Does anyone know if it is possible to get around the campus surrounding areas without a car? I'm contemplating whether or not I should come up with my car. How accessible is public transportation?

Thanks!

Hi!! Does anyone know if it is possible to get around the campus surrounding areas without a car? I'm contemplating whether or not I should come up with my car. How accessible is public transportation?

Thanks!

I would say having a car is a big benefit if you need to get around, do groceries or what not. There is a shuttle to the metra (train) if you need to go downtown/loop but the shuttle schedules are a little bit limited.

I would say having a car is a big benefit if you need to get around, do groceries or what not. There is a shuttle to the metra (train) if you need to go downtown/loop but the shuttle schedules are a little bit limited.
Thanks for the heads up!!

This program is exactly as advertised. Just get the grades and play by the rules. I had below a 3.0 AMCAS GPA and 32 on the MCAT, but was still accepted to CMS. I'll be an Orientation Advisor as well, so feel free to ask questions. Enjoy the summer and be ready to work when August rolls around!

Is there any way to get around orientation?

I'm helping out a kids camp for the summer... :)

Just got in off the waitlist. Real excited. Now I just gotta figure out housing. Anyone have any advice? If anyone is lookin for a roommate, please pm me. And best of luck to all those still on the waitlist.