Rosalind Franklin BMS for Fall 2010/2011

Started by clhc18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can everyone who is admitted into the BMS Program give a heads up as to if you are living in the Woodlands or RFU Campus?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RFU campus here


I'm living at RFU campus

Also for all the American college students...how does the GPA system work in the U.S.?

In Canada when we apply to American schools everything over an 80 is considered 4.0 or A+ to AMCAS so its kind of hard to compare what is considered a good mark. An 80 at RFU would be a B or 3.0 which is a huge difference.

If I was an American college undergard with a 87 average, what would the GPA be around (assuming all your marks for each course was 87)?

Thanks
 
i'm living at rfu campus

also for all the american college students...how does the gpa system work in the u.s.?

In canada when we apply to american schools everything over an 80 is considered 4.0 or a+ to amcas so its kind of hard to compare what is considered a good mark. An 80 at rfu would be a b or 3.0 which is a huge difference.

If i was an american college undergard with a 87 average, what would the gpa be around (assuming all your marks for each course was 87)?

Thanks

3.33
 
To CMS2014.....I've heard this from former BMSers as well...but on the RFUMS website it says that as a BMS student it should give you no advantage to getting into CMS with the exception of the interview ....in other words being in BMS is independent of any other school at RFU.

I called RFU about this GPA/MCAT business and they said that CMS loves BMS students and you get an interview....but other than that it should not give you a clear cut advantage.

Sammiii26,

You cannot get fixated on logistics. Well of course there is no guarantee of anything, but we have been through the program and those preceding us and it has been largely based on our performance in the medical classes. The only time I have heard of them really considering your MCAT score heavily is if there are a few students that have the same statistics and they have to start differentiating so they go back to college GPA and MCAT scores. I have rarely heard of this situation, but everything is fair game. Do well in your classes as a BMS student as it is your saving grace if you feel that your MCAT/GPA is low. Be prepared and conquer!
 
-I've heard that too from former BMS students and this/last year's forum - but on their website it says the BMS program has no affiliation with any other program at RFU (i.e. CMS)

-so I think we should take the "disregarding of GPA/MCAT" with a grain of salt.

Yes, this is a great way to approach BMS, do not bank on anything. Just do well in your classes! However, don't kid yourself into thinking that CMS admissions doesn't have the easy access to BMS just because it is "not affiliated"... it is all the same school and everything is accessible if they will it!
 
I just got my housing email from Christina. I got a one bedroom contract. How are the apartments on campus?

Alohakaoha,

Please read my description of student housing from last week. I lived in student housing this year and there are some perks and downsides. The student housing is actually quite nice. Much nicer than the Woodlands and definitely is nothing like a student housing or dorm feeling. The apartments are verrrrry nice. Having said that, the walls are THIN! You can hear everything from both neighbors so try to stay at the end of the hall where you are only bordered and bothered by one neighbor. Try to stay in building 301 on the backside. There is a beautiful view of the water, ducks that will help you get through the year and make you think you are not stuck in north chicago. It's gorgeous behind 301. Besides the thin walls.... I have no complaints! The building is great, good security, safe, all amenities that are new and updated. If you have any issues, place a work order and they get to it very promptly, which is more than i can say for the Woodlands. Jennifer Smith is a great resource and personally makes sure your living experience is great. Great choice for your year. Good Luck & lemme know if you have any other questions.
 
Sammiii26 -

It's not about having "an advantage", it's about proving your abilities from something other than your original med school app.

Your acceptance to CMS will not be based on the same criteria as those applying directly to CMS (not via the BMS program). They will be judged based on their undergrad GPAs, MCAT scores and extracurriculars. YOU will be judged based on your performance in the medical school courses during your BMS year. This is why the BMS program exists. It is for those that have a weak med school application and need to show they can handle med school.

All of this has been said several times by multiple BMS students that have been accepted to CMS. We are here to help as the year before helped us when we were at the beginning. Spring 2011, those of you that are accepted into CMS will come back to this site to help answer the questions of the next class. You will be saying the same things. Go back, read what we have posted and trust what we say. 👍

I would agree with KC shuffle yet again. Do not take this thread lightly...We have been through this and have succeeded! I remember looking at this thread a year ago and being quite skeptical and naturally having a ton of questions. I wish I utilized this resource a lot more and listened to what the classmates preceding me advised more carefully. It probably would have made my year a whole lot easier....
 
I utilized Allegra Bollen's services on the first day of EVERY QUARTER, and she is the biggest blessing in disguise for BMS. She will sit down with you and create your schedule for you in addition to the extensive research she has done to succeed in learning the material. She creates a meticulous study schedule that was my saving grace since I tend not to be so disciplined on my own.


Can you talk about this a little more? Who is Allegra Bollen, and how does she help?
 
I am living on RFU campus as well and just mailed my completed housing contract today.

Thanks CMS2014 for your information. I am one of those applicants who got this lifeline from RFU with a significantly lower gpa and mcat. I prayed for this chance and i am grateful to have gotten this opportunity.

Anyone like to exchange emails and share when they plan on arriving at RFU? Is there a facebook for 2010-2011 BMS year?
 
I tried to send this to someone who private PMed me and felt it may be better served here....

I would like to congratulate you on BMS, and look forward to seeing you this fall. The school doesn't pay me to say this, and I honestly think this is the best environment to prepare for medical school and they have the best resources to equip you to be a great physician.

I had an extensive science background, and do not believe that it really helped me during BMS. I knew many others without the upper level science courses that did exceedingly well in BMS and secured their CMS spots within first round. Having said that, I heard stories of the BMS class before us who had a few Neuroscience majors that failed Neuro, so having said that you will start BMS fair game with others. The distinguishing feature is discipline and balance... this is what will see you through the end and secure your success not a science background.

With respect to your memorization skills, there are some good and bads to this. As a physician, you will not get by treating patients by just memorizing facts. You will have people's lives in your hand and memorizing is a cop out! Additionally, memorizing will screw you over when it comes to the boards. There are a few students who I know just memorized and managed to get by, but this will come back to bite you in the butt, so the faster you learn to understand the material conceptually, the better off you will be...especially for BMS year. I was in the same boat as you, I have a photographic memory that served me well through college, but I found it challenging for physiology which is pure understanding and absolutely no memorization. Let me give you a class breakdown....

MCB: pure memorization!

Biochemistry: pure memorization with a bit of integrating the different metabolic pathways.

Physiology: This class is a challenge if you are a memorizer... it is all conceptual and requires you to truly understand the material. It is worth 14 credits which counts are 2 classes and and "A" in this class gives you the best chance of getting into CMS early. They give you 3 years worth of exams, but make sure you get your hands on old exams from past BMSers for all the classes!!!! This helps you understand the material conceptually in the different ways they ask the questions and will help you when it comes time for boards.

Neuroscience: This class is memorization and conceptual both. This is also the most challenging course in all of medical school, historically 1/6th of the medical students fail this course. Again, get your hands on as many old test questions as possible because they word things very tricky in this class, and getting an idea of how they ask questions will truly be helpful.

I firmly believe that they best way to learn and understand the material and not just memorize comes from getting exposed to the material in as many different ways as possible. I was fortunate enough to have a study partner who complimented my learning style. If you study on your own you tend to glaze over material and miss key points that could save you in an exam. Also, you do not want to study with too many people or personality clashes start to happen, so try a few people in the beginning of the year and hang on to who works the best for you. Go to each class since hearing the information is a great way to understand it. (Don't fret if you miss a class or 2, since all the lectures are recorded (video/audio) and uploaded to the course site. Do not rely on this since they have had technical issues in the past and you do not want that the lecture you happen miss is the one that didn't get recorded that day. Make sure to read all the lecture notes as much as possible and look to the books (library has a copy of all of them) as an additional resource to expose you to the information in a different way one more time.

Use these 2 resources in the beginning of the school year.

1.) Steve Weiand. Set up an appointment with him during orientation week and he will do a learning assessment on your to help you figure out what your strengths and weaknesses are for learning. By the end of the year, you want to balance this all out.

2.) Allegra Bolan. She has a masters degree and her full time job is to help students from all the schools at RFUMS set up an effective study schedule. She has researched what works best for memory retention and she will create a schedule to accommodate this. Make sure to get in with her quick and create the schedule at the beginning of every quarter. I lived by it and it served me well. It works, use it instead of wasting time trying to figure this all out on your own. Also, she will discuss it during one of your BMS required courses and during orientation.

The key to success is BALANCE and DISCIPLINE. I do not mean to say this as a silly cliche catch phrase, but this is truly what you ensure your success from BMS and into CMS if that is your goal. Make sure to not compromise your sleep and exercise. Work out at the RFUMS gym, keep your faith and time for your religious affiliation, and call family and friends back home regularly to keep yourself grounded.

The curriculum has changed to a systems based approach. This means you will have exams every 2 weeks. It has been debated, but I think it is great. Historically, we were the first class to experience the curriculum change from midterms/finals subject based to 2 week exams and systems based schedule. The grades were a lot higher and people seemed to keep up with the material better since it was being tested over fewer information (2 weeks as opposed to a quarter worth of material). This will help you keep up with the material better and prevent cramming. Also, we partied every Monday after the exams, but you better be able to have rapid turnover and get right back to it when Tuesday morning rolls around. Also, the class organizes a few bus parties to the city throughout the year so you can party in downtown at some pretty cool places and safely get back to campus. Again, try to keep everything balanced and stay away from negativity. All medical schools tend to have those pessimistic students and before you know it, you get sucked in. stay away from those students. Take advice from the BMS class before you since we experienced the curriculum change and I can honestly say we were pretty well balanced comparatively. The curriculum has changed for the best so you will definitely have an advantage.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I am so sorry this is sooo long.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you talk about this a little more? Who is Allegra Bollen, and how does she help?

Please do not feel like you have to utilized this service. I used it and it worked wonders for me, but I know many other students who studied on their own in their own style. You know what is best for you. I wanted to extend out this options since I think it could serve as a valuable resource....

Allegra Bollen & Steve Weiand are the academic support services on campus.

Here is the link if you are interested:http://rosalindfranklin.edu/dnn/administration/home/DOSA/AcademicSupport/tabid/567/Default.aspx
 
To CMS2014...

I read somewhere in one of the forums that a student club sells past papers or something like that. Do they sell these papers every year?

thanks for all your insight...you really did go above and beyond..lol
 
To CMS2014...

I read somewhere in one of the forums that a student club sells past papers or something like that. Do they sell these papers every year?

thanks for all your insight...you really did go above and beyond..lol

No idea what you are talking about. Never heard of this alleged "student club" that sells papers? It is actually against school policies to give out old exams that they professors themselves haven't given out so I can't imagine this exists. If anyone knows anything else...please pitch in??
 
No idea what you are talking about. Never heard of this alleged "student club" that sells papers? It is actually against school policies to give out old exams that they professors themselves haven't given out so I can't imagine this exists. If anyone knows anything else...please pitch in??


This was the exact PM i got...it wasn't a forum post actually...now that I've re-read it the persno is only referring to physiology.

"Physio tests are sold by class board...this is due to copying costs. These are essential for doing well in the course, I recommend doing all of them, they are meant to be a learning tool, so use them as you study, and take some as test assessments before the actual test

MCB, Biochem, Neuro etc..all are available, most are provided by the course directors, all are helpful for exam prep "
 
This was the exact PM i got...it wasn't a forum post actually...now that I've re-read it the persno is only referring to physiology.

"Physio tests are sold by class board...this is due to copying costs. These are essential for doing well in the course, I recommend doing all of them, they are meant to be a learning tool, so use them as you study, and take some as test assessments before the actual test

MCB, Biochem, Neuro etc..all are available, most are provided by the course directors, all are helpful for exam prep "

I'm not totally sure what is meant by class board...I think this is just referring to the notes and old exams given by the professors of each course. These will all be available to you online and you can print off. These will only be the last 3 years of exams though. You will want to talk to other students to get more exams from even further back. The material given by the professors is sufficient but if you have the time, the extra older exams are helpful.
 
Okay listen up...

I think everything CMS2014 has said is extremely informative and if you do what he/she has written about then im sure you will succeed. Yet I think it is necessary to give you all another perspective of BMS year:

I never when to steve whatever his name is, elegra whatever her name is and I was just fine making my own schedule and figuring out how to learn. I basically never went to a single class after november and I memorized every detail. I partied a solid amount and took 4-5 day breaks after exams. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO KILL YOURSELF STRESSING ABOUT ALL THESE SMALL TINY THINGS THAT REALLY MIGHT NOT EVEN HELP YOU.

The best thing to do is just find out what works for you best. Discipline is very key, i agree with CMS2014 on that. You start the year off with only MCB and Biochem which are two easy classes. Just come ready to bust your ass, learn what you are capable of, and then keep doing it all year. I know a kid that worked hard, but spent a bunch of time doing pre-reads/post reads and all the other BS the advisors try and tell you to do. He never really memorized the facts, which MOST of the time is what you need to do. I know he didnt get A's, and im not sure if he has been accepted yet.

Everyone is different. Some people need more things to help them focus than others. This program is very hard if you dont figure out what works for you early on. But the truth is that you literally have half the work of a normal M1. This means you literally have double the amount of time to study for a test that you also have double the amount of time to take on test day.

BOTTOM LINE: if you belong in medical school you will rock this program. Come here to prove that you belong. Dont stress the small things, and make sure you take breaks to keep yourself sane.
 
I have a question about getting into CMS from BMS. What are the classes they look at from BMS? Is it only your fall quarter grades since they start giving interviews during the winter quarter? I hear Physiology is one of the main classes you are judged on - but is it your fall quarter medical physiology, winter quarter medical physiology or winter quarter topics in physiology class? Or a combination? Thanks!
 
I have a question about getting into CMS from BMS. What are the classes they look at from BMS? Is it only your fall quarter grades since they start giving interviews during the winter quarter? I hear Physiology is one of the main classes you are judged on - but is it your fall quarter medical physiology, winter quarter medical physiology or winter quarter topics in physiology class? Or a combination? Thanks!

The first round of acceptances were after the final grades for Med Physio came out (last week of April), this was right after we had finished Physiology, and also after Biochem (finished some time in March) and MCB (finished in the fall quarter). So I think they only evaluated us after all the interviews were done (everyone gets an interview so they don't even look at your application before that) and after the Physio grade came in. I think that whoever got an A in Physio were accepted if they had at least another A in the other classes. My friend had an A in MCB and Physio but a B in Biochem and he got in the first round. The second round of acceptances were after Neuroscience grades came out (I think), I know some of my friends got in just last week. I don't think Topics in Physio mattered that much, since it's not a medical school class but a graduate class.
 
To the successful BMSers from last year...

For AMCAS, in the add colleges section, you can add RFUMS to the list of schools that you attended or are expecting a degree from...there is also an option that asks if AMCAS requires a transcript from RFUMS...do you still check yes to that option?
 
Alohakaoha,

Please read my description of student housing from last week. I lived in student housing this year and there are some perks and downsides. The student housing is actually quite nice. Much nicer than the Woodlands and definitely is nothing like a student housing or dorm feeling. The apartments are verrrrry nice. Having said that, the walls are THIN! You can hear everything from both neighbors so try to stay at the end of the hall where you are only bordered and bothered by one neighbor. Try to stay in building 301 on the backside. There is a beautiful view of the water, ducks that will help you get through the year and make you think you are not stuck in north chicago. It's gorgeous behind 301. Besides the thin walls.... I have no complaints! The building is great, good security, safe, all amenities that are new and updated. If you have any issues, place a work order and they get to it very promptly, which is more than i can say for the Woodlands. Jennifer Smith is a great resource and personally makes sure your living experience is great. Great choice for your year. Good Luck & lemme know if you have any other questions.

Do we get to choose a room? like can we ask the housing office that we want building 301 backside?
 
Do we get to choose a room? like can we ask the housing office that we want building 301 backside?


You can try, but as of Monday, there are no more singles left. So unless you already applied for one and got lucky, I don't think you'll be able to switch.
 
You can try, but as of Monday, there are no more singles left. So unless you already applied for one and got lucky, I don't think you'll be able to switch.

I did apply for housing and I did get single, but I don't know which room i got. So i was wondering if i would be able to choose sometime before i move in... or would i get more info about housing later?
 
I did apply for housing and I did get single, but I don't know which room i got. So i was wondering if i would be able to choose sometime before i move in... or would i get more info about housing later?



I think that they are pre-assigned, but call on monday when the housing office opens again and ask which you got/if you could possibly switch. I think I may do the same, but I know I have a single on the first floor of the closest building to classes (101), so I think I may stay for convenience! See you when classes start!
 
I think that they are pre-assigned, but call on monday when the housing office opens again and ask which you got/if you could possibly switch. I think I may do the same, but I know I have a single on the first floor of the closest building to classes (101), so I think I may stay for convenience! See you when classes start!

Hey,

THANKS. did you call to find what room you were assigned or did they email you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have question for those who are applying for financial aid.
Like Undergrad, are there any grants available. When I was in undergrad, I got a financial package online (Before starting school) showing me how much grants I got and how much loans I need to get. So i got an opportunity to either get loans or replace that loan with the scholarships I got. I did fill out FAFSA few month ago. When I went to RFU website ( clicked on incoming students), I only see Borrower Application and budget guides. Do they only offer loans?????

Also, those who filled out optional essay for scholarship, when will we find out? I read somewhere that they wont know till class is finalized... but would that be July? August? would they notify you even if you did not get the scholarship?

THANK YOU~
 
I have question for those who are applying for financial aid.
Like Undergrad, are there any grants available. When I was in undergrad, I got a financial package online (Before starting school) showing me how much grants I got and how much loans I need to get. So i got an opportunity to either get loans or replace that loan with the scholarships I got. I did fill out FAFSA few month ago. When I went to RFU website ( clicked on incoming students), I only see Borrower Application and budget guides. Do they only offer loans?????

Also, those who filled out optional essay for scholarship, when will we find out? I read somewhere that they wont know till class is finalized... but would that be July? August? would they notify you even if you did not get the scholarship?

THANK YOU~

not sure about the scholarship but pretty sure it's only for URM, so if you're not, don't hold out too much hope.

There are no grants for grad school. It's all loans or if your lucky, scholarship. But expect to take out a $50 grand loan; that's why this program is so risky
 
As I have mentioned to many of you who have PMed me, please do not stress about BMS right now. There is nothing you can do to prepare, although learning good habits right now and mentally preparing may not bad too bad of an idea.

I would hate to see many of you stressing out over the "Details" as DrBo has mentioned, and lose out on a perfectly good summer vacation.
I would recommend enjoying this summer. Hopefully, for many of you this will be your last summer of freedom so do not let this slip by...
 
3.3 gpa 26mcat. but i'm taking it again in june

got tons of EC, got a publication, currently in the process of getting another one

anyone know what kinda chance i got? I still havent received an email confirming that all my stuff are there.

I have two friends that got in, one with crazy high stats and one with lower stats than mine...so I'm thoroughly confused who gets in and what not
 
Got my acceptance letter in the mail today! It was dated June 4 for anyone who is still holding out for a decision (I live about 2 hours away from the school in NW Indiana). Stats are 31 mcat and 3.74 cgpa (3.6ish sgpa).
 
why would u go to RF with those stats? u could apply straight to med school and save yourself 50k
 
why would u go to RF with those stats? u could apply straight to med school and save yourself 50k

Seriously, what are you doing?!?&?

FYI:

I DID apply straight to medical school AND am currently on 2 wait lists FOR medical school, although not much movement has occurred yet; so, as of right now, this is where I am going. In lieu of being verbally abrasive and telling everyone that this is my back up plan, I tried to make a nice statement and let people on here know that I got accepted.

It is a great program so I'd rather take this option than wait until August and possibly find out that I didn't get off either wait list and then be stuck with nothing to do for a year (that would be quite foolish; in my opinion I'd rather just get the master's degree).

Future advice: sometimes it's best not to assume anything. We all know what happens when you assume, right? 😉
 
FYI:

I DID apply straight to medical school AND am currently on 2 wait lists FOR medical school, although not much movement has occurred yet; so, as of right now, this is where I am going. In lieu of being verbally abrasive and telling everyone that this is my back up plan, I tried to make a nice statement and let people on here know that I got accepted.

It is a great program so I'd rather take this option than wait until August and possibly find out that I didn't get off either wait list and then be stuck with nothing to do for a year (that would be quite foolish; in my opinion I'd rather just get the master's degree).

Future advice: sometimes it's best not to assume anything. We all know what happens when you assume, right? 😉



Just as a question - when did you apply to medical school? If you applied late in the cycle, you definitely would have a lower chance of getting in. Apply right now for next year!

Also, if you did apply early last year, and because your stats are above the median of people getting into medical school, I guess the other 2 factors must be either the interview or your extracurriculars (shadowing, volunteering, lab). All of which can be solved by NOT spending 50k and attending this program.

So don't assume that we don't know what we're talking about. In all likelihood, you either applied to late last cycle or don't have a well-rounded application other than strong MCATs/GPA. My advice, save yourself the money, volunteer in a lab for a year and shadow some doctors. You'd get in for sure as long as you apply NOW!
 
You can always go attend the BMS program, and once you get into another medical school you can withdraw from the program. I know one person who did that this year, they withdrew in the first quarter so they only had to pay for that quarter's tuition (around $12000-$13000) but he had to keep paying for his rent until now because he couldn't find a subletter.
 
I am living on RFU campus as well and just mailed my completed housing contract today.

Thanks CMS2014 for your information. I am one of those applicants who got this lifeline from RFU with a significantly lower gpa and mcat. I prayed for this chance and i am grateful to have gotten this opportunity.

Anyone like to exchange emails and share when they plan on arriving at RFU? Is there a facebook for 2010-2011 BMS year?

Is there a facebook page? I saw one for 2010 but that was the previous class.
 
FYI:

I DID apply straight to medical school AND am currently on 2 wait lists FOR medical school, although not much movement has occurred yet; so, as of right now, this is where I am going. In lieu of being verbally abrasive and telling everyone that this is my back up plan, I tried to make a nice statement and let people on here know that I got accepted.

It is a great program so I'd rather take this option than wait until August and possibly find out that I didn't get off either wait list and then be stuck with nothing to do for a year (that would be quite foolish; in my opinion I'd rather just get the master's degree).

Future advice: sometimes it's best not to assume anything. We all know what happens when you assume, right? 😉

Hey Discipula...congrats on your acceptance....marks wise (out of 100) what does your GPA translate to?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question about grad plus loans (maybe any past or current BMSer can answer this)

I read on a website that you cannot use the money for furniture & transportation tickets (along with a bunch of other things like credit card debt)... I know this is kind of a strange question, but isn't that kind of unfair considering that some students can use grad plus loans for pre-furbished apartments? And wouldn't travel fees be factored into student expenses? Secondly, isn't the money given to us in check form, so how would they even know what we are using it on?

Is the disclaimer only provided to scare students into using the money solely for education costs, I don't know about you, but I don't have a spare 5,000 or some dollars to spend on furniture & plane tickets, I was hoping to use my loans to cover some of those fees
 
For those BMSer who got accepted and are applying to AMCAS this cycle .... did you add RFUMS in the colleges attended? Also if we are required to do, did you also select "yes" in obtaining a transcript request form?

I'm kinda confused ... i dont see the point of sending an official transcript from RFUMS if I havent even started school there let alone completed any classes.

thanks for the help!

P.S. I just send in my housing to live at the RFU campus .... cannot wait to meet everyone!
 
For those BMSer who got accepted and are applying to AMCAS this cycle .... did you add RFUMS in the colleges attended? Also if we are required to do, did you also select "yes" in obtaining a transcript request form?

I'm kinda confused ... i dont see the point of sending an official transcript from RFUMS if I havent even started school there let alone completed any classes.

thanks for the help!

P.S. I just send in my housing to live at the RFU campus .... cannot wait to meet everyone!

Well ... I found the answer to my question .... but since i noticed other people had the same question I shall post it.

If your enrollment to RFUMS is already processed then you have to add this school into AMCAS ... however since you have not attempted in coursework there is no need for a transcript request and you can select that as one of the exceptions.
 
If your enrollment to RFUMS is already processed then you have to add this school into AMCAS ... however since you have not attempted in coursework there is no need for a transcript request and you can select that as one of the exceptions.


Re: Fire 490

So just to make sure you added RFUMS to your list of schools but when it asks if a transcript is required from the school you selected "No"

Thanks!
 
AMCAS Question...what kind of academic term would you consider Rosalind Franklin to be?

Full Year Quarter System? or Calendar full year courses?

Thanks