Roseman University College of Pharmacy - Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmachemist_SS

Reaction score
Not sure if I am allowed to start this or not...About to submit my PharmCAS application for the ED program and my fingers are crossed! I am interested in the South Jordan campus in Utah.

Stats:

GPA - 3.96
Science GPA - 3.97 (PharmCAS verified)
PCAT - 77
Senior Pharm Tech. - 4.5 years
Research, volunteer, leadership exp between 1-3 years.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if I am allowed to start this or not...About to submit my PharmCAS application for the ED program and my fingers are crossed! I am interested in the South Jordan campus in Utah.

Stats:

GPA - 3.96
Science GPA - 3.93
PCAT - 77
Senior Pharm Tech. - 4.5 years
Research, volunteer, leadership exp between 1-3 years.

Hello! I also applied ED in the beginning of Aug and have an interview date on September 25th at the Henderson campus in Vegas. Good luck!! My stats are nothing super impressive:

GPA 3.4
Science GPA 3.2
PCAT not worth discussing but I will have my bachelors in December
Pharmacy tech for 8.5 years

Hello! I also applied ED in the beginning of Aug and have an interview date on September 25th at the Henderson campus in Vegas. Good luck!! My stats are nothing super impressive:

GPA 3.4
Science GPA 3.2
PCAT not worth discussing but I will have my bachelors in December
Pharmacy tech for 8.5 years

Congrats on the interview! Good luck to you as well. My grades were just verified today so I hope to be hearing from Roseman soon. What type of degree will you have for your Bachelors?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interview! Good luck to you as well. My grades were just verified today so I hope to be hearing from Roseman soon. What type of degree will you have for your Bachelors?

Well my time frame was my course work was verified on aug 9th then on aug 20th i got an email frm roseman saying we got all your stuff please wait 2-4 weeks to allow further review. Then on the 27th i got my invite. Ill have a BA in Biology.

I am surprised there arent more people on this thread. The thread from last year had alot of activity.

Well my time frame was my course work was verified on aug 9th then on aug 20th i got an email frm roseman saying we got all your stuff please wait 2-4 weeks to allow further review. Then on the 27th i got my invite. Ill have a BA in Biology.
For ED candidates, they will have all of the interviews done by Oct 19th according to their e-mail, so I don’t think I will have to wait that long? Unless they can invite me the week before but that sounds terrible.

For ED candidates, they will have all of the interviews done by Oct 19th according to their e-mail, so I don’t think I will have to wait that long? Unless they can invite me the week before but that sounds terrible.

From my understanding ED candidates have to have a response by oct 19th... i could be wrong. I dont think you will have to wait very long. The initial 11 days felt like forever. Did you submit and pay for their supplemental application??

From my understanding ED candidates have to have a response by oct 19th... i could be wrong. I dont think you will have to wait very long. The initial 11 days felt like forever. Did you submit and pay for their supplemental application??
Yeah, I submitted the supplemental application a few days before PharmCAS. I spent a long time revising the 3 essays because I am rusty at writing anything besides lab reports. :p I'll update when something happens!

I received my invitation to interview at Roseman after 1 day! I chose October 9th at South Jordan because that is my first choice campus. I’m very excited right now! (and very nervous, I have to practice interviewing!)

Reactions: 2 users
I received my invitation to interview at Roseman after 1 day! I chose October 9th at South Jordan because that is my first choice campus. I’m very excited right now! (and very nervous, I have to practice interviewing!)

Yay!! I feel like we spoke it into existence! I honestly worked on my personal statement periodically over 3 yrs and had numerous pharmacists read it. Idk how much thats weighted though. Ive read if you are invited for an interview its ALL about the interview.

Yay!! I feel like we spoke it into existence! I honestly worked on my personal statement periodically over 3 yrs and had numerous pharmacists read it. Idk how much thats weighted though. Ive read if you are invited for an interview its ALL about the interview.
Three years shows dedication! I also had two pharmacists read my statement and an English teacher help me revise my supplemental essays. Writing is not my strong suit, but I will keep working on it. Do you know what you want to do post-degree? I am very interested in pursuing residencies and becoming board certified in a specialty. I like working with patients and the healthcare staff. I have had a lot of experience in retail but I have also had some clinical and hospital experience as well.

Three years shows dedication! I also had two pharmacists read my statement and an English teacher help me revise my supplemental essays. Writing is not my strong suit, but I will keep working on it. Do you know what you want to do post-degree? I am very interested in pursuing residencies and becoming board certified in a specialty. I like working with patients and the healthcare staff. I have had a lot of experience in retail but I have also had some clinical and hospital experience as well.

I am interested in clinical as well. The clinic i worked in had a pharmacy run clinic (coumadin/diabetus) and i was the tech and fell in love. I know its hard to do that w/o residencies. But i would definitely like to work for the VA or other DoD facilities to give back to veterans. Im hesitant to do a residency bc im a little older, I want to begin to work and possibly start a family. I could always go back to do a residency but right now im undecided.

I am interested in clinical as well. The clinic i worked in had a pharmacy run clinic (coumadin/diabetus) and i was the tech and fell in love. I know its hard to do that w/o residencies. But i would definitely like to work for the VA or other DoD facilities to give back to veterans. Im hesitant to do a residency bc im a little older, I want to begin to work and possibly start a family. I could always go back to do a residency but right now im undecided.
Yeah, I understand. I am 29 and I don’t have kids yet. I am undecided, but I will definitely be old if I get through this whole process. I job shadowed at the hospital here and the pharmacist I followed didn’t know much about residencies and she was a centralized pharmacist. They hire pharmacists with and without residencies there, and according to her it was only if you wanted to work in a specialized area that residency really mattered. I want to specialize so that makes it harder.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I understand. I am 29 and I don’t have kids yet. I am undecided, but I will definitely be old if I get through this whole process. I job shadowed at the hospital here and the pharmacist I followed didn’t know much about residencies and she was a centralized pharmacist. They hire pharmacists with and without residencies there, and according to her it was only if you wanted to work in a specialized area that residency really mattered. I want to specialize so that makes it harder.

Same! Ill be 30 in October. I know for sure retail you dont need a residency. A friend of mine is actually a pharmacist for an online pharmacy and she doesnt have a residency. But idk we will see. Ppl talk about the saturation in pharmacy but its about where you live so that doesnt make me want to do a residency even more. And it will depend on alot of things honestly.

Same! Ill be 30 in October. I know for sure retail you dont need a residency. A friend of mine is actually a pharmacist for an online pharmacy and she doesnt have a residency. But idk we will see. Ppl talk about the saturation in pharmacy but its about where you live so that doesnt make me want to do a residency even more. And it will depend on alot of things honestly.

Yeah, for sure! Just depends on your goals and what you are happy with. The saturation is a small factor, I think if you are a strong candidate you will get a job.

Yeah, for sure! Just depends on your goals and what you are happy with. The saturation is a small factor, I think if you are a strong candidate you will get a job.

AGREED!!! I hope other ppl find this post and we can help calm our nerves for the interview process... in the search bar you just type in roseman pharmacy and this thread is the first one that comes up. Maybe no one is applying☺️☺️☺️☺️

Reactions: 1 users
I’ll see you in South Jordan! I just got the invite this past Wednesday and so nervous!

Hi LoveFood88 (I love food too) I'm so glad to see people around 30yo applying to this program! I'm 31 and I was wondering if I was going to be the "old student" at the interview. I kinda thing age give you an advantage in this sort of situation...

Hi LoveFood88 (I love food too) I'm so glad to see people around 30yo applying to this program! I'm 31 and I was wondering if I was going to be the "old student" at the interview. I kinda thing age give you an advantage in this sort of situation...

I would hope my age, maturity and previous pharmacy experience would help. I had my interview yesterday and it was very chill. They said they try to make calls w/n a week but at the latest we would know w/n 2 weeks.

Due to past threads, it seems as though they begin making calls/emails after 3 days... we had a large interview class so maybe a bit longer... im nervous.

Good luck! I’ve been interview prepping a lot and I will continue practicing until next week. OCDCPhT, I’ll be the short awkward girl with large animal print glasses. One of my undergrad friends will also be interviewing in South Jordan so I am excited to know at least one person there. I know a lot of prepharmacy students my age (29-30)! I also feel old because I am a non traditional student but more experience makes us ready for this kind of commitment. Again, good luck everyone and wish me luck too.

Good luck! I’ve been interview prepping a lot and I will continue practicing until next week. OCDCPhT, I’ll be the short awkward girl with large animal print glasses. One of my undergrad friends will also be interviewing in South Jordan so I am excited to know at least one person there. I know a lot of prepharmacy students my age (29-30)! I also feel old because I am a non traditional student but more experience makes us ready for this kind of commitment. Again, good luck everyone and wish me luck too.

GOOD LUCK to you!! It was really chill and smooth at Henderson. They said we should be notified w/n 1-2 weeks bc it was such a large ED group. Today marks a week so hopefully I will hear something soon.

has anyone heard back that applied for early decision at roseman?

I have not yet received anything. By Tuesday it should be 2 weeks so I’m thinking it should be pretty soon unless they will wait till oct 19 which is the last day due to the high ED students count.

I was completely freaking out like THEY CALLED EVERYONE BUT ME!! like they said it was a large ED group buuutttt in previous yrs on here ppl have heard back w/n 3-5 days! The anticipation is killing me! At least we know they have to make a decision by the 19th I believe. Does anyone know if they normally call or email?

I only have heard about them contacting you though email . Does anyone know how many usually get through that apply for early decision?

I only have heard about them contacting you though email . Does anyone know how many usually get through that apply for early decision?

I have no idea. Ive heards schools get majority of their student frm ED though... i am unsure of a percentage. That would be nice to know.

I have no idea. Ive heards schools get majority of their student frm ED though... i am unsure of a percentage. That would be nice to know.

Do you know if the Henderson campus and South Jordan campus are together in choosing the same amount of students or if they are separate from each other?

Do you know if the Henderson campus and South Jordan campus are together in choosing the same amount of students or if they are separate from each other?

They would have to be separate bc the Henderson campus has 145 seats and the south jordan campus has 80 seats to fill if i remember correctly from the briefing. And the south jordan ED interview is on the 9th which is 2 weeks frm when the henderson interview was. 2 weeks was the time frame given to the henderson interviewers to be contacted on if they are accepted or not and would be able to pick which campus they want to attend. Of course both campuses have until the 19th for ED notifications.

GOOD LUCK to you!! It was really chill and smooth at Henderson. They said we should be notified w/n 1-2 weeks bc it was such a large ED group. Today marks a week so hopefully I will hear something soon.
How was the writing assessment? Pretty straightforward?

Surprised no one has heard back yet but that could be a good thing? About how many were in Henderson for the ED group?

How was the writing assessment? Pretty straightforward?

Surprised no one has heard back yet but that could be a good thing? About how many were in Henderson for the ED group?

No news is good news right?? Lol... It was about 50 of us. They said it was a large ED group so I am assuming that is what is taking so long. And the writing assessment was straightforward it was a quote and we had to write if we agreed or not and why.

No news is good news right?? Lol... It was about 50 of us. They said it was a large ED group so I am assuming that is what is taking so long. And the writing assessment was straightforward it was a quote and we had to write if we agreed or not and why.
Thanks! Yeah 50 sounds like a lot! I’m confident in you, it’s just a waiting game!

Anybody get any word on acceptance from the Vegas ED

Anybody get any word on acceptance from the Vegas ED

No one on this forum has... they said 1-2 weeks and the 2 weeks is up on the 9th. But they do have until the 19th but still... i can only speak for myself but its nerve wrecking!

No one on this forum has... they said 1-2 weeks and the 2 weeks is up on the 9th. But they do have until the 19th but still... i can only speak for myself but its nerve wrecking!

Right, I've got multiple P1 friends and they all ranged from 1.5 - 7 days to get notified. I'm guessing that they are waiting for the South J interviews.

All in all I know about 6 people who applied and no one has heard back so I think that is good news..........

I dont think they are waiting on the south jordan interviews bc of how quickly ppl found out in previous yrs... they would have done the interviews closer together if they wanted to get through it more quickly. I just think it may have been alot of stuff to go through bc of the size of our group.

Anyone heard back yet? Lol Feels like it’s gonna happen end of this week since tomorrow is interview at south Jordan campus.

Anyone heard back yet? Lol Feels like it’s gonna happen end of this week since tomorrow is interview at south Jordan campus.

NOPE! 9 is my lucky number so maybe tomorrow???? Plus tomorrow is 2 weeks frm our interview sooooo they would have to say something right??? Idk whats going on. And they notify via email right? Ive been checking my inbox and junk mail and nothing.

I dont want to be pushy and call to “check the status” bc they do technically have until the 19th.:shrug:

I dont want to be pushy and call to “check the status” bc they do technically have until the 19th.:shrug:

I’m on the same boat. I keep checking mail every hour. And I saw last years forum and people also received calls so I would just expect either or. Tomorrow marks exactly 2 weeks so I’m going to be checking every minute. Lol

I’m on the same boat. I keep checking mail every hour. And I saw last years forum and people also received calls so I would just expect either or. Tomorrow marks exactly 2 weeks so I’m going to be checking every minute. Lol

EVERY MINUTE! Idk what the heck is going on.

NOPE! 9 is my lucky number so maybe tomorrow???? Plus tomorrow is 2 weeks frm our interview sooooo they would have to say something right??? Idk whats going on. And they notify via email right? Ive been checking my inbox and junk mail and nothing.

you will get a personal phone call if they work it the same as last year

Did anyone hear anything from roseman today? I'm having anxiety lol

Amazing day! I really enjoyed meeting everyone and I enjoyed the interview. Dr. Grant is getting married so he said we won’t hear back from the South Jordan campus until at least 2 weeks. That might be why you guys are waiting too. Anyways, I felt like it was a good day and I liked everyone I met and spent time talking to. Good luck everyone!

Amazing day! I really enjoyed meeting everyone and I enjoyed the interview. Dr. Grant is getting married so he said we won’t hear back from the South Jordan campus until at least 2 weeks. That might be why you guys are waiting too. Anyways, I felt like it was a good day and I liked everyone I met and spent time talking to. Good luck everyone!
The staff from Henderson said it would be announced within 2 weeks. It's killing me softly lol

Yes I had a great time yesterday. Hope everyone did well! Pharmachemist_SS I don't know if I got to talk to you, but I was the short one from Hawaii here's hoping the next two weeks goes by quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I had a great time yesterday. Hope everyone did well! Pharmachemist_SS I don't know if I got to talk to you, but I was the short one from Hawaii here's hoping the next two weeks goes by quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh, my name is Sam! I was curious to meet you too! It was a lot of fun and we may have met our classmates for the next 3 years, so that is exciting. Everyone was really nice, so I am rooting for us all! I think the 2 weeks will pass fast. :)

I heard back for the Henderson interview. I received an email.