Roseman University College of Pharmacy - Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine was late August too. But i talk to someone that might have ruined my theory. He turned his in late August,and has got his acceptance last Wednesday.
So you haven't heard anything yet, J.C.?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my acceptance! I am so excited for this!

Khoa, I have a question. I am really interested in completing my 3rd year at the Cleveland Clinic. I think it’s an incredible opportunity and I wouldn’t mind moving for awhile. How hard is it to be selected as a student for that opportunity?

Congratulations!!! :hardy:

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my application August 27th, I believe. I felt like I had a really good interview! I enjoyed it and I met some great people. I didn't expect to hear back until the 19th, and it was a welcome surprise. I agree with most of the comments, I am sure Roseman accepts a high percentage of its interviewees for the ED program and those emails are on the way!

Reactions: 2 users
I just received my acceptance! I am so excited for this!

Khoa, I have a question. I am really interested in completing my 3rd year at the Cleveland Clinic. I think it’s an incredible opportunity and I wouldn’t mind moving for awhile. How hard is it to be selected as a student for that opportunity?
Dear Pharmachemist,
From what I know, the chance of getting into Cleveland depends on the year. Some year, the school get 100+ applicants from both campuses and only 10 are selected and some year they get like 20 and 10 are selected. It depends on the year and how people want to do their 3rd year.
It is not hard to get in but the decision depends on whether or not what is your goal by going to Cleveland Clinic. Let me break down the pro and con from my perspective and I will let you decide for yourself.
Pro:
It is a big DEAL, you get to work with the foremost top cardiovascular hospitals in the country
It is very nice since you do all 7 rotations in a set of hospitals that are nearby which mean you will get to see some familiar face all over the year
You will be able to network better since the pharmacist will know you for a year instead of 6 weeks rotation
You will have a better chance of landing a residency interview

Con:
It is FAR from Roseman, the moving will cost quite some money. My friend who got in paid around $1000 something to move stuff around. If you drive, it will take at least 2 days to travel so take that into consideration also.
It is very COMPETITIVE, you will not be the only pharmacy students there. There will be 3 or more at any rotation and everyone is fighting for a chance to shine. It is quite a stressful environment to be in unless you enjoy competition.
It is very BUSY work, my friends who went there said she has a full schedule each day with topic discussions and presentation. This place is not a place to learn slowly, it is like a pre-residency work. If you feel very comfortable with P1 and P2 with no summer class then you can definitely apply.
It is not very beneficial if you plan to move back to the WEST Coast. Normally when you apply for residency or even a retail job, they want a letter of recommendations or referrals from your preceptor. If your preceptors are from the East, then you apply in the West, then it is harder for the hiring company to hire you due to the preceptor unknown credibility.
FACT: Getting into Clevaland does not guarantee residency. From previous graduates that I know of, they all do retail after Cleveland rotations since they said it is quite a lot of work.
Hope it help :D let me know if you need anything else.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those that have received acceptances! I’m sure that everyone did great.

I am excited to be accepted so I can start looking into getting my intern license. I heard that I could move up from technician to intern and my current boss is ok with that situation. Anyone else doing this or heard of this?
Hi Pharmachemist, to apply for an intern license the person needs to have an official letter of enrollment signed by the dean at the school and be an active pharmacy student in school. The letter from the dean was handed out the first day of school and a lot of paperwork needs to be done before this happens, hope this helps.

Reactions: 4 users
Do you have a good network of peers and or current students? I’m starting to lose my hair with this stress
I only know one other person that interviewed and he hasn’t heard back yet either.

Dear Pharmachemist,
From what I know, the chance of getting into Cleveland depends on the year. Some year, the school get 100+ applicants from both campuses and only 10 are selected and some year they get like 20 and 10 are selected. It depends on the year and how people want to do their 3rd year.
It is not hard to get in but the decision depends on whether or not what is your goal by going to Cleveland Clinic. Let me break down the pro and con from my perspective and I will let you decide for yourself.
Pro:
It is a big DEAL, you get to work with the foremost top cardiovascular hospitals in the country
It is very nice since you do all 7 rotations in a set of hospitals that are nearby which mean you will get to see some familiar face all over the year
You will be able to network better since the pharmacist will know you for a year instead of 6 weeks rotation
You will have a better chance of landing a residency interview

Con:
It is FAR from Roseman, the moving will cost quite some money. My friend who got in paid around $1000 something to move stuff around. If you drive, it will take at least 2 days to travel so take that into consideration also.
It is very COMPETITIVE, you will not be the only pharmacy students there. There will be 3 or more at any rotation and everyone is fighting for a chance to shine. It is quite a stressful environment to be in unless you enjoy competition.
It is very BUSY work, my friends who went there said she has a full schedule each day with topic discussions and presentation. This place is not a place to learn slowly, it is like a pre-residency work. If you feel very comfortable with P1 and P2 with no summer class then you can definitely apply.
It is not very beneficial if you plan to move back to the WEST Coast. Normally when you apply for residency or even a retail job, they want a letter of recommendations or referrals from your preceptor. If your preceptors are from the East, then you apply in the West, then it is harder for the hiring company to hire you due to the preceptor unknown credibility.
FACT: Getting into Clevaland does not guarantee residency. From previous graduates that I know of, they all do retail after Cleveland rotations since they said it is quite a lot of work.
Hope it help :D let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you, this information helped a ton! Very good points and I have more to think about now.

Hi Pharmachemist, to apply for an intern license the person needs to have an official letter of enrollment signed by the dean at the school and be an active pharmacy student in school. The letter from the dean was handed out the first day of school and a lot of paperwork needs to be done before this happens, hope this helps.

Okay, that’s what I heard the first time. I must have misunderstood recently. Thanks!

I received my acceptance notification this morning! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!! I’m sure everyone will get their acceptance soon enough!
Ok now that people are getting accepted, I have a question. Do we pay the full $1200 seating deposit ($1000+$200) or is it either or? I’m confused as to whether we pay the $1000 up front OR $200 and pay the rest of the $800 by March. Or if they are separate fees and we have to pay both.
I’m sorry if that doesn’t make sense, idk how else to explain it. I’ve tried calling Krystal and emailing but I know they are so busy so I haven’t gotten a response!

Congratulations!!! I’m sure everyone will get their acceptance soon enough!
Ok now that people are getting accepted, I have a question. Do we pay the full $1200 seating deposit ($1000+$200) or is it either or? I’m confused as to whether we pay the $1000 up front OR $200 and pay the rest of the $800 by March. Or if they are separate fees and we have to pay both.
I’m sorry if that doesn’t make sense, idk how else to explain it. I’ve tried calling Krystal and emailing but I know they are so busy so I haven’t gotten a response!
I filled the $200 dollar form online. I believe we have to get the other $800 to them before March. But you only pick pay 200 or 1000 now. But the total is 1000 either way (plus a processing fee for paying online by card). Hope that helps.

Congratulations to everyone who's received their acceptance email! I'm still anxiously waiting

Last edited:
I’v been “waitlisted”

Don’t know if I’m the first and if they have been moved on from from acceptances

I’m still sitting on the bench waiting to be put in the game

Got word they’re starting to send no’s out

I’v been “waitlisted”

Don’t know if I’m the first and if they have been moved on from from acceptances

Don’t be discouraged, we’re all rooting for you! When do they need to have the final decision for waitlisters?

I’v been “waitlisted”

I've been waitlisted too so disappointed. And trying to keep hope up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been waitlisted too so disappointed. And trying to keep hope up...

We got this...

Were you going for Vegas or S.J

Wow, I am surprised about the waitlists.

I am sorry guys, that’s really rough. I read through the last year’s thread and I read a lot of waitlisted people ultimately got accepted. The problem with waitlist is that I am not sure how long they take to finally decide.

You will have to tough it out but I believe in the people here because I think we all really want this.

We got this...

Were you going for Vegas or S.J

Henderson was my first choice but I'm not opposed to South Jordan. But I don't know how to drive in snow

Don’t be discouraged, we’re all rooting for you! When do they need to have the final decision for waitlisters?

Our email said that a final decision can be made any time up through August 2019 I certainly hope I find out before then, I'd have to move from Hawaii!

Henderson was my first choice but I'm not opposed to South Jordan. But I don't know how to drive in snow

Learning to drive in the snow can be scary for some, but there are so basics you just need to remember and then its all good. I've even driven in white-out snow storms and got home safe and sound (although I don't advise driving in that).

Are all of you ED applicants?
When do they start looking at the people who apply regular descision

Did anyone complete the supplemental application in the “ thankyouforcaring.org” link?

Last edited:
Are all of you ED applicants?
When do they start looking at the people who apply regular descision

Did anyone complete the supplemental application in the “ thankyouforcaring.org” link?

I think most of us are ED and yes the supplemental has to be completed for your application to be completed.

I am sorry guys, that’s really rough. I read through the last year’s thread and I read a lot of waitlisted people ultimately got accepted. The problem with waitlist is that I am not sure how long they take to finally decide.

You will have to tough it out but I believe in the people here because I think we all really want this.

Im shocked as well! So a person applies ED and gets waitlisted do they literally just wait? can they apply to other places and accept other offers?

I think most of us are ED and yes the supplemental has to be completed for your application to be completed.
this annoys me a little. I submitted my pharmcas application late August but missed the pharmcas verification deadline for ED. The girl I spoke with told me there was no supplemental or that it was included on pharmcas this year. I just submitted the supplemental yesterday morning...so basically my application was considered incomplete this whole time & I wasn't notified. I called the school plenty of times in the last few weeks but I had no luck. I hope they go by the date the pharmcas application was submitted.

Last edited:
this annoys me a little. I submitted my pharmcas application late August but missed the pharmcas verification deadline for ED. The girl I spoke with told me there was no supplemental or that it was included on pharmcas this year. I just submitted the supplemental yesterday morning...so basically my application was considered incomplete this whole time & I wasn't notified. I called the school plenty of times in the last few weeks but I had no luck. I hope they go by the date the pharmcas application was submitted.
That’s interesting. I didn’t do anything on that site. My supplemental application popped up on PharmCAS.

does anyone know when they start reviewing Regular D applications?

That’s interesting. I didn’t do anything on that site. My supplemental application popped up on PharmCAS.
better be safe than sorry lol. I guess technically its still somewhat early if they are holding ED interviews this month.

This is why you do your own research. On the Roseman Pharmacy Admissions/Apply page says to do the Pharmcas application and the supplemental application. Also, on the last block of the Pharmcas application where the school info is it tells you to do the supplemental application. It isn’t on anyone to make sure your application is completed.

does anyone know when they start reviewing Regular D applications?
I asked the admissions by email what would happen if I wasn't able to get my application completed before the deadline (My transcripts took forever to get to Pharmcas.) Here is their reply:

"Thank you for your interest in the PharmD program at Roseman University. With the early decision program, if your transcripts arrive after the early decision deadline, PharmCAS will automatically change your file from early decision status to regular status. If this occurs, your application will be reviewed after it is verified by PharmCAS, and if eligible, you would be invited to interview as soon the end of October and/or in November, after early decision interviews are complete. Although not part of the early decision program, your application would still be submitted early on in the cycle which will serve as an advantage, since we have a rolling admissions process."

Hope that helps!

I interviewed for early admission last September 25th at the Henderson campus. Some of my friends already gotten their acceptance letters and rejections. I'm still waiting, Im so anxious what their decisions would be.

I just received my acceptance letter by email. Woo Hoo!
hello there,

Did you get a call from Dr. Park first? or did you just receive an email? My friends received calls first, but others are saying just emails.

Thanks!

hello there,

Did you get a call from Dr. Park first? or did you just receive an email? My friends received calls first, but others are saying just emails.

Thanks!
Everyone I know that got accepted since last Wednesday have all been notified by email. No calls

If you are waitlisted I understand that to mean you can start applying/interviewing at other schools.

hello there,

Thanks!
I just got the email. No phone call. It was in my email inbox about 7:30am or so.

Im shocked as well! So a person applies ED and gets waitlisted do they literally just wait? can they apply to other places and accept other offers?

I wish I knew... the email says that we could possibly get an offer through August 2019...

I wonder what the system is for being accepted since multiple ppl are interviewing at the same time... is there a scoring system like application+interview?? Or how heavily does the pcat or degree weigh?? Just curious what could be the difference between those accepted and those waitlisted frm the ED interviews.

I'll see you guys in class next year wohoo! I hope everybody have a good and blessed day!

Class of 2021 guy got accepted 2 days before class started
I wonder what the system is for being accepted since multiple ppl are interviewing at the same time... is there a scoring system like application+interview?? Or how heavily does the pcat or degree weigh?? Just curious what could be the difference between those accepted and those waitlisted frm the ED interviews.
I might have an idea next week I have some friends doing the interview training of the upcoming interviews