Rosh Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dextor2003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make this post as a data point for people using Rosh Review to study for the peds board. We were given this by our residency program, but I was hesitant to use it since I couldn't find any reviews on it for peds boards either here or elsewhere. This was my only study resource for the boards during dedicated study time (aside from watching a few youtube videos on topics I was really weak in).

Background
I learn more from questions than passive reading, so I only did questions to study. Did PREP over the course of residency.
Below average ITE scores (my scores were basically at the level of the class one year below me). I had an 80% chance of passing boards based on my 3rd year ITE scores.
PREP 2018 (did 1/3 of the questions) - 54%
PREP 2019 - 62%
PREP 2020 - 67%
PREP 2021 (did ~2/3 of the questions) - ~65%

Rosh Review
Completed 71% of the questions - 68%
After going through all incorrects - 74%
Projected ABP raw score - 84
Projected probability of passing - 98%

Exam experience
The questions felt VERY different from Rosh. Stems weren't as long for the most part and had more vague clues than what I was used to in Rosh. Real thing also seemed to test more general concepts than specific details like Rosh did. I know everyone says PREP is the closest thing to the real deal, but TBH I felt like even the PREP questions didn't seem to resemble the real thing (for similar reasons as Rosh). Coming out of it, I felt like no amount of studying would've helped me pass, and that I could've just gone in without any prep at all and performed exactly the same.

Outcome
Passed with a 199, which seemed to be a little bit above average. I guess Rosh prepped me more than I thought? Best of luck to future test takers!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user