Ross Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long has it taken everyone to hear back after being interviewed? Its been over a week and I'm just not sure how to feel if some people have heard back already within one week of being interviewed.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to all those that have recently been accepted! I currently have my interview scheduled. Eeek!

Reactions: 1 user
How long has it taken everyone to hear back after being interviewed? Its been over a week and I'm just not sure how to feel if some people have heard back already within one week of being interviewed.

I heard back 15 days after my interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw on their website that there was a wildlife club, is this true and is it any good?

There is a club for basically every veterinary discipline you could imagine here and they all offer a variety of speakers throughout the semester and many also offer wet labs and field trip type things for hands on experience. I have zero desire to do wildlife so I don't know too much about it but a few of my friends have gone to wetlabs at the monkey research place and the dolphin cove place on the island for hands on stuff and loved it.

Reactions: 1 users
When i had my interview a little over a month ago they said it could take 3-4 weeks to hear back. This was because the admittance committee are teachers as well so they only meet once a week. I got my call right around the 3 week mark. Be patient and dont stress! :)

Hey all! I had my interview on February 14 and received an acceptance today for the September class. So, took 15 days to hear from them.

Best of luck to everyone, hope to see you all on the island in September!

Hey all! I had my interview on February 14 and received an acceptance today for the September class. So, took 15 days to hear from them.

Best of luck to everyone, hope to see you all on the island in September!

When did they call you what time of day? It's been 15 days today since my interview.

When did they call you what time of day? It's been 15 days today since my interview.
I got called in the evening as well! I almost didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number. I am pretty sure it was New Jersey though! Good luck!

I got called in the evening as well! I almost didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number. I am pretty sure it was New Jersey though! Good luck!
When you guys got called did you answer right away? I was at work and missed it and Ashley told me to call her back. I'm nervous because she didn't say my decision when she left the message

They called me at 4:30 pm; it was a New Jersey number. I also looked at my application status on the website and it said "committee review 3/1/17".

Thank you! I am nervous because I wasn't able to answer so now I have to wait until tomorrow to give them a call back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! Does anyone know if they call rejected students as well?

Yes, I was told by my interviewer that she would call me after the committee had made a decision, regardless if it was good or bad.

If it makes you feel better I don't know or know of anyone who has actually been rejected. More likely they will offer you vet prep if you are not a strong candidate.

Yeah can confirm, my friend was accepted to the fall term under the condition that she does a vet prep semester in May since they didn't consider her as strong an applicant. I don't think they flat out reject anyone who's interviewed!

i have my interview on the 15!!! :D

It's not that I'm not a strong candidate, my GRE scores just weren't the best other than that though, my application was really good. I feel like if they offer me vet prep, I don't know if I will do it. I have heard that government loans cannot pay for it, and I don't have 20,000 just sitting to pay for it. Anyone know if the vet prep program is worth it?

It's not that I'm not a strong candidate, my GRE scores just weren't the best other than that though, my application was really good. I feel like if they offer me vet prep, I don't know if I will do it. I have heard that government loans cannot pay for it, and I don't have 20,000 just sitting to pay for it. Anyone know if the vet prep program is worth it?
I think the vet prep is for people with a low GPA or someone with a weak science background. I don't think is related to the GRE, but don't quote me on that

I think the vet prep is for people with a low GPA or someone with a weak science background. I don't think is related to the GRE, but don't quote me on that

I hope not because it is just a test. At the end of the day I don't think it determines anything especially not an individual's work ethic. I was not able to talk to admissions today about my application because they called and I was at work, and when I called back they didn't answer.

Everyone in my class and others that I know who did vet prep really really though it was worth it. And in some classes it gave them a major leg up because they had already learned some info we were tested on later when the rest of us had only just seen it for the first time.

My take on who gets vet prep based on talking stats with classmates is that it has a bit more to do with you as a person than with your stats. Yes, if your stats are amazing most likely you're going to be offered a "regular seat" no matter what, but if your stats are borderline and you also have never lived away from your parents other than living in a dorm, have never lived outside your home town, etc. it seems like those individuals are more likely to get vet prep because it is intended to be an introductory period to make sure you can handle the changes of island life with school on top of it.

Also FWIW having a really good GPA can definitely make up for a not so great GRE. The opposite is better than having both be bad, but almost perfect GRE scores never seem as exciting as an almost 4.0 to admission folk.

I hope not because it is just a test. At the end of the day I don't think it determines anything especially not an individual's work ethic. I was not able to talk to admissions today about my application because they called and I was at work, and when I called back they didn't answer.

The best thing to do is to actually email your interviewer and be like "hey I missed a call" - I played phone tag for several days because when they call you from their office obviously it comes right to you but when you call back it goes to reception or the main office and its just a mess. I got an immediate reply when I just emailed my interviewer.

The best thing to do is to actually email your interviewer and be like "hey I missed a call" - I played phone tag for several days because when they call you from their office obviously it comes right to you but when you call back it goes to reception or the main office and its just a mess. I got an immediate reply when I just emailed my interviewer.

Thank you for your input! It means a lot to me and is very helpful! There are so many major decisions that come with vet school. I did email my interviewer today so hopefully she will get back to me soon. I am not expecting anything until Monday though.

Has anyone had an issue communicating with Ross? I heard from them regarding my admission decision on Thursday and was unable to answer the phone due to being at work. I called them back and they never answered. They then called me Friday and I was at work again. Moral of the story: we have been playing phone tag for the past three days. They still didn't call me back today. I call admissions and they told me the one who interviewed me is responsible for giving me the final decision. I am a little nervous as I'm not sure why they can't just email me the decision.

Has anyone had an issue communicating with Ross? I heard from them regarding my admission decision on Thursday and was unable to answer the phone due to being at work. I called them back and they never answered. They then called me Friday and I was at work again. Moral of the story: we have been playing phone tag for the past three days. They still didn't call me back today. I call admissions and they told me the one who interviewed me is responsible for giving me the final decision. I am a little nervous as I'm not sure why they can't just email me the decision.
Hmmm... That's a pain for sure. I just received a packet in the mail with an official acceptance today, but was called and told I was accepted over the phone on 3/1/17.

Perhaps they will just communicate your decision via snail mail?

I've heard of snail mail but am not exactly sure what it is. Lol never mind I just figured out that it was regular mail. I tried calling her again today, but no answer. I hope that she will call me tomorrow or email it. I said that email is my preferred way of contact. This waiting is killing me.

I've heard of snail mail but am not exactly sure what it is. Lol never mind I just figured out that it was regular mail. I tried calling her again today, but no answer. I hope that she will call me tomorrow or email it. I said that email is my preferred way of contact. This waiting is killing me.
Have you tried emailing you interviewer? Maybe you can set up a time for a phone call! Worst case senario you wait for the snail mail! :)

Just email your interviewer. I had a similar thing happen with playing phone tag and its very hard to get through with YOU calling THEM just because of how to building and offices are set up. When I finally emailed my guy he emailed me back quickly.

Perhaps they will just communicate your decision via snail mail?

I would not rely on this because I never did receive a snail mail acceptance. That being said, my acceptance was like two years ago, but still.... I would bug your interviewer. Don't worry if you're in, nagging him isn't going to change it :p

I did email her Saturday but received no reply so far.

Got accepted today under the condition of doing the vet prep program. I am on a wait list for my in state school and am number 2 so am feeling optimistic about getting in. But with that said I do have to be realistic and make some choices. Can anyone who was in the vet prep program let me know if they think it was worth it, how you funded for the program, etc. I guess I am mainly worried about the extra expenses that come with it and no aid being available. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Got accepted today under the condition of doing the vet prep program. I am on a wait list for my in state school and am number 2 so am feeling optimistic about getting in. But with that said I do have to be realistic and make some choices. Can anyone who was in the vet prep program let me know if they think it was worth it, how you funded for the program, etc. I guess I am mainly worried about the extra expenses that come with it and no aid being available. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I am going to PM you some stuff.

does any one know if regular cellphones work in the island? I have heard that you need to unlock you cellphone before going to st kitts and putting a SIM Card from the island. Is this true? By the way I have an iphone

does any one know if regular cellphones work in the island? I have heard that you need to unlock you cellphone before going to st kitts and putting a SIM Card from the island. Is this true? By the way I have an iphone
No, normal phones do not work here. There simply are not US cell providers down here. The school gives you an island phone when you arrive so that you can make calls locally. Its a prepaid type of thing so it comes with so much money on it and then you reload as needed. Calls between the same carrier on that phone are free.

If you want to use your iPhone you will need to get it unlocked and then get a sim card down here and cut it to fit the phone and insert it. I have one friend who did that but most of us just use our phones when we have wifi, which most places down here have. Fbook messenger becomes a way of life, imessage, facetime, snapchat, etc.

Just completed my Skype interview and I think it went very well! My interviewer told me that she will get back to me in about 3-4 weeks for the September 2017 class via phone call. She also mentioned that an official letter will also be sent out to a week after the phone call too. Let me know if any of you have questions in regards to the interview! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! I'll be entering school at Ross September 2017. Excited for the change of pace!

Its there a fb page for the fall class?

Hi! I've been accepted for the fall 17 start... wondering if anyone has reserved their seat yet or taken the next steps to prepare for matriculation? I'm still waiting to hear back from one school before I fully commit but want to have an idea of the steps ahead of me from someone going through them

Hi! I've been accepted for the fall 17 start... wondering if anyone has reserved their seat yet or taken the next steps to prepare for matriculation? I'm still waiting to hear back from one school before I fully commit but want to have an idea of the steps ahead of me from someone going through them

I paid a deposit for the Fall 2017 class yesterday! I'm on the waitlist at 2 other schools, but I wanted to submit a deposit to secure a seat to be sure. I've been emailing with someone from the West Coast Office, and they've been giving me the step wise instruction. I never got a call from them acceptance wise, they just emailed me telling me I had been accepted so I've been in contact with the person who emailed me the acceptance! I don't know what the next steps are exactly, but he told me they would send a housing packet mid-April, but that's about it. I hope this helps!

How much was your deposit? Thanks for the info!! ☺

I paid the initial $500 dollar deposit. I think you have the pay another $500 4 months before your start date as well, making for a total of $1000, but I haven't gotten an email back from the person yet!

I emailed my interviewer who offered me to move my application for May term, so I am hoping to hear back sooner! -fingers crossed-

I just put in my deposit and filled out my FAFSA form! I'm so excited to be officially going!

I just had my Skype interview today. Definitely read over your application and be prepared to talk about everything on it, from grades to GRE and experiences. It was a super laid back interview, and my interviewer was super nice and spent a lot of time talking about her experiences and the school! Good luck!

Do you think I'll be okay if I just look over my resume and transcripts? I didn't download a copy of my application before the VMCAS website shut down, and they never sent me the pdf copy I requested. Or do you think I should try calling the VMCAS people tomorrow morning and seeing if they could shoot a pdf copy over really quick?