Ross Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigdreamer#1

I'm ok, your ok!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a career changer thinking of heading to Ross to avoid all the application obstacles with the regular US schools. Please any Ross students reading this please pm me if you could, I have a few questions.

Thanks in advance,
bigdreamer#1

Members don't see this ad.

all i have to say is this. DO YOUR RESEARCH. DO NOT BE BOUGHT INTO WHAT people say about carib schools/ross. ppl will glorify it. although I attend a US school I have friends from carib schools. YOu will be stigmatized as a result of the known fact that anyone can get into a carib school. BELIEVE ME, just duke it out for atleast a year in the US application service.

Just think about it. do you really want a diploma from a carib pseudo med schooL hanging in your office, as well as be the butt of jokes in hospital lounges?

well back to studying. good luck though!

Definitely try to get into a U.S. med school first. Advantages include greater chances of being able to get better residencies or into the specialty of your choice. And you won't have to worry about licensing issues that vary from state to state for IMG's.

However, I wouldn't worry so much about being "stigmitized" or "being the butt of jokes in hospital lounges." If you're good, you're good no matter where you come from and people who work with you will see it. From what I hear, being the butt of jokes doesn't just apply to IMG's, it applies to what specialty you enter, too. Everyone thinks that FP's and EP's are idiots, medicine rags on surgery and vice versa, rads and pathologists aren't "real" doctors, orthos forget all their medicine, no one respects primary care, etc. In the grand scheme of things, you will be more respected by what you do than where you came from.

If you do decide to go offshore, I would just stick with trying to get into Ross or SGU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by dknykid1980

..do you really want a diploma from a carib pseudo med schooL hanging in your office, as well as be the butt of jokes in hospital lounges?

Probably just sloppy word choice..but there's nothing `pseudo` about SGU or Ross. If you believe there is, please do more research.

Originally posted by awdc
If you do decide to go offshore, I would just stick with trying to get into Ross or SGU.

I realize `offshore` usually refers to Caribbean only, but the exclusive use is really an anachronism (Caribbean schools having been the first real offshore possibilities) -- be sure to look at Ireland, Israel and Australia (all have good schools, with varying advantages/disadvantages).

-pitman

I wouldn't be too worried about the stigma of coming from an offshore school in the future. Over the past few years, most students are painfully aware of how much more difficult the admissions process is getting for a US Allopathic school, and I can bet you a good percentage of US applicants have thought about or HAVE applied to Offshore schools.

Unless you end up with an elitist as a boss, most people understand that people that go these days and graduate with flying colors from reputable offshore schools are often those poor schmoes who screwed up somewhere in their undergrad and had to pay the penalty. But it's no reflection upon the caliber of the doctor, especially if they did their rotations in the US alongside US trained students and scored decently on their USMLEs.

Best altenatives to US med. schools:

1-St. george

2-W. europe(+Australia)

3-E. europe

4-Saba

5-Ross university.

St. George is a good option for some one who could not get into US schools, or for some one who just wants to study abroad.(the school has a solid reputation since1990)

W. European and E. europeans are very good options(Belgium, Italy sweden, ireland, Poland, and Russia...)

Saba very organized school and not many cases were filed against the school and Saba has a good future.

Ross University always had very good professors(Dr. Meissenberg, Dr, Tweedle, Dr. Philip Cool, and Dr. Mursi and so on), but that's all you get. The clinical part is a disaster. The ppl who control the clinical part of the program suffer from a serious morality issue and they lie in a regular bases. The school commited a lot of illegal issues and soon or later the past will catch up with Ross university. So my advice go to St. george or the other three options, but not Ross, because your future will be in jeoprady.
My 0,25 cent advice.

....at it again..eh rossloss?......can you spell O.C.D?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by TTSD
I wouldn't be too worried about the stigma of coming from an offshore school in the future. Over the past few years, most students are painfully aware of how much more difficult the admissions process is getting for a US Allopathic school, and I can bet you a good percentage of US applicants have thought about or HAVE applied to Offshore schools.

Although your conclusion may be true for other reasons (such as increased # of quality non-Carib. offshore grad schools (reflecting increasing IMGs practicing in the US), bettered rep of St. G's and Ross over the years, same USMLE exams soon for all med grads, etc.), it is not clearly the case that it's more difficult over the past few years to get into a US allopathic school -- for example, there has been a decrease in applications since a relative peak in 1996: in 1995 only about 1/3 of applicants got in to a US allopathic school, while last year, nearly 1/2 did.

-pitman

**NOTE TO ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD**
I'm about to respond in what may appear to be a vicious way, but this poster, dknykid1980, has a long history on this and other forums of "slamming" Ross, which is especially ironic since he himself had considered going to Ross when he wasn't sure he was going to get into a U.S. medical school. He eventually did get a spot, at the last minute, at Howard University in Washington, D.C. Please read my rebut to his post understanding that history.

all i have to say is this. DO YOUR RESEARCH. DO NOT BE BOUGHT INTO WHAT people say about carib schools/ross. ppl will glorify it. although I attend a US school I have friends from carib schools. YOu will be stigmatized as a result of the known fact that anyone can get into a carib school. BELIEVE ME, just duke it out for atleast a year in the US application service.

Just think about it. do you really want a diploma from a carib pseudo med schooL hanging in your office, as well as be the butt of jokes in hospital lounges?

well back to studying. good luck though!

Kid,

You just never learn to shut-up, do you? You have never gotten any facts straight... ever! I'm glad you didn't come to Ross because, without a doubt, you would've failed out and then become one of those whiny little pricks who incessantly complains about how the school conspired against you.

I've got some news for you. Your school, Howard University, has got FAR more problems than Ross does. You made a bad choice. Don't believe me? Just read this Hartford Courant series of articles, including the rankings:

http://www.ctnow.com/news/specials/...dlines-specials

Out of the worst schools, Howard University ranked within the top four in all three categories!! Where did Ross rank? Leagues above Howard and well above many other prestigious U.S. medical schools as well!

And, I quote...

The schools - the Autonomous University of Guadalajara in Mexico, Howard University in Washington, Manila Central University in the Philippines and Meharry Medical College in Nashville - ranked at the bottom in separate analyses of three databases containing records of disciplinary actions against thousands of physicians across the United States.

That is the company you keep! No where in there does it say "Ross University" or "St. George's University", does it?

But, let's go on...

Other medical schools also fared poorly in The Courant's review, but only Guadalajara, Howard, Manila Central and Meharry appeared in the bottom 5 percent of 200 or so schools ranked by rates of disciplinary actions against graduates in each analysis. Together, these large, well-established schools have produced more than 600 doctors cited by licensing boards for negligence, incompetence, sexual assault, drug abuse, fraud or other problems.

This is the company you keep!

Wait, there's more...

Within the medical profession, some of these schools have long been eyed with concern. Howard and Meharry ranked at the bottom of a National Science Foundation-funded survey of U.S. medical school quality in 1977...

Or this...

The Courant's analysis is not the first to raise questions about Meharry and Howard. Both schools have a history of recognized concerns about educational quality and financial stability.

Have you ever heard the expression: "He who lives in glass houses should not throw stones"?

Can you even respond to this post? Or, are you now going to make some other opinion-laden, meaningless, unsubstantiated claims about the superiority of Howard's educational model over the Caribbean? Do you actually believe that there is this "stigma" out there? PLEASE! Have you had any experience in the real world? ANY?!???! You know the answer to that question is NO! So, why do you persist? Why should we believe you and your worthless anecdotes? Just back ANYTHING you say with some data! You owe to everyone reading this thread! I know I have done so! Please just respond to this...

A Courant analysis of disciplinary actions against doctors nationwide found, however, that both Howard and Meharry produce troubled doctors more frequently than most other schools - at rates about 10 times greater than the schools with the lowest numbers. The actions ranged from a simple citation to permanent license revocation for a range of misdeeds including medical incompetence, ethical lapses and criminal behavior.

I hate to call you out like this, but you just can't ever seem to get your facts straight. You show up, hurl mud at the Caribbean programs (namely Ross), and then expect people to buy it just because you are an MS-I at some low-tier U.S. school. The fact is, you don't know dick. I wish to hell you'd grow up and stop perpetuating myths about the Caribbean. You've got enough problems to worry about with your own education.

Now, please go away. You really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Spend time studying and learning medicine instead of putting out misinformation that is not backed-up with anything other than your uninformed opinion. Or, read what I write because I always back myself up with facts. Maybe you need to listen more instead of spouting off at the mouth, huh?

YES. DEFINITELY DO YOUR RESEARCH!

-Skip

Hej,
I can see from your writing, you no good. Who is dkny1980? He goes to Howard too. i wanna see this dude and shake his hand. I also go to Howard. Skip you no good to the bone. You wanna know why i think this way? if i were you i would think twice about judging two historical black schools, and say why two african american inustitutes were placed as the worst medical schools? and Ross and the other offshore schools were placed in a better position than Howard and Mehary!! Thats very fishy to me, but remeber this is the USA, just check the history of this country and how they viewed non whites( white Americans didn't even consider african americans as homo sabiens ). As a white danish, when i read that biased study i said to my self, this an american study, if it was a Canadian study or european studies, or african american study, trust me the out come of the study will be different. So skip i visualize you as a cowboy/redneck. Am i right? I bet you, you are not black, latino, asians ,or a conciouncious white man/woman. You made a big mistake to use that study to justify your point. You failed to appreciate that the mentioned study you talking about is full of biases, and the only thing i can inferr from the so called study is that: Why african americans are targeted out and singled out, even as a practicing physicians. And when this country will be fair towards african americans. Sadly, i think it is not going to be any time soon as long as people like you still out there. My advice to you we are all the same. I know as a tall white man with blond hair, my chances are greater than my boy alex who happened to be very dark. I know when we get our MDs, my boy alex who is african american will have a rougher time than i, and am not even from this country. My boy alex always get pulled out by the police in Virginia and North Carolina just because he drives his car while he is black. i feel sorry for you skip, please try to get some help. travel to Africa, and see the good people of the mother land, may be such experience will add some insight to your vacant yankee so called brain. i hope you are not planning to be a doctor? Go and read some papers that were written about race and medicine in this country. may be that will add something to your limited view of humanity and may be you will realize that medicine still continue to contribute to racisme in this country. This is your home work go and find out how oppression and discrimination can affect one's health. And also check the internet for race and medicine, may be you will learn something after all. excuse me for my english, it is not my first language. Alex write way better than i. A m I right dude? He is sitting next to me, and we about to go back to hospital, we are doing our peds. rotation in children hospital here in DC. I love being here in a black inustitute they are very humane, and they always look after the very needy. i am so glad to be part of this ( i don't know what to call it) let us bounce alex. Bye ya all.

Lenin -- nothing Skip Intro reported is false. Are you saying that a black school (or black person) can't be critiqued or presented in a bad light, merely because they're black, or that any correlation that veers from a race's population levels must necessarily be false??

Read the study carefully, it merely reports some correlations between disciplinary action and school of graduation. The article reports on this study and then reports varying opinions on the matter. The correlations are true, across data sets, the low entrance requirements correlation is true, and neither it nor Skip Intro has said that the cause is that the two implicated US schools are black.

Also of note is the study authors' admission that their study requires more data in order to go beyond the correlation, which data is being withheld by the same industry groups who bashed the study for being incomplete!

Weird how a Dane appears to have been so easily sucked into American PC fascism.

-pitman

You think it is weired to take side with the opressed. your statement "how a white dane appears to have been caught up in US pc facsism? you got to break it down. I hope it is not because iam taking side with the oppressed, and i am happened to be white dane make me look weired. what you mean by caught up? so any one who take stand in such a situation and who happened to be white make it odd to comprehend or what? Please break it down for the sake of lord? a ight. do not let me think you are......

How in heaven sake a low entrance score has any thing to do with deciplinary action? i see it to have more to do with the colour of your skin. If it has to do with low entrance score, trust me offshore schools should be on the bottom of the list, because we all know that Ross university accept unqualified students(some tme ago students with high school degree).

You find the study fishy on the grounds that it implicated two black American schools b.c. of American history of racism. First, that line of reasoning is an example of anti-intellectual PC fascism, second, the argument is non-unique (e.g., most of Europe was racist at one time).

Apologies if you don't understand recent American history of PC fascism.

-pitman

Members don't see this ad :)
So, you think that help the situation by mentioning that europe was racist at some poin?. You think you are going to make me feel bad to state that europe was racist at some point, of course was racist and still racist. Trust me i know very well that the people of europe(american aussie and white south african) caused and still causing a lot of detruction to humanity. So, please don't think you will offend me when you mention the shameful hx. of my ancesters and your ancesters. PEds rotation is on now i got to go catch up w/ you later.

Originally posted by Lenin
So, you think that help the situation by mentioning that europe was racist at some poin?. You think you are going to make me feel bad to state that europe was racist at some point, of course was racist and still racist. Trust me i know very well that the people of europe(american aussie and white south african) caused and still causing a lot of detruction to humanity. So, please don't think you will offend me when you mention the shameful hx. of my ancesters and your ancesters.

You're starting to sound clownish, Lenin. Mentioning Europe was obviously in direct response to the non-uniqueness of your own argument:

Thats very fishy to me, but remeber this is the USA, just check the history of this country and how they viewed non whites

While at the same time professing how Europ. countries would have gotten different results:

As a white danish, when i read that biased study i said to my self, this an american study, if it was a Canadian study or european studies, or african american study, trust me the out come of the study will be different

By non-uniqueness, your argument collapses.

Aside from hx of racism argument, the only other you've made is one of PC fascism. If not biased from hx of racism (the only connection made to bias), then how and from what? Bias proven by mere correlation with race??

-pitman

Hey pitman wil you PPI me. Please give me the pros and cons of ross. I am in the process of applying, but I am very worried. I keep hearing both great and bad things such as more than half of students don't make it through the program and the bad rep etc.... Please give me the truth so I can decide between ross and DO school. Thanx

steph

Id go DO. A. You get to stay in america B. I see a very small difference between the two philosophies in medicine these days.
Wish I had gotten into an osteopathic school myself, but Im a horrible interviewer. Plus this island sucks.

A large portion of people do not get failed out of Ross. ~15% fail themselves out. In the past, it was higher.

For example, we just took our 1st anatomy practical. I was in the lab way too much this last week but I think I missed only 3 questions, 2 because I second guessed myself and changed my answer at the last minuete.

Others who Ive never seen in there before ended up with low scores. Some people managed to get 6s and 9s, out of a possible 72 questions. I bet its those people who get on here and say that Ross failed them for whatever reason. They don't deserve to pass. But because this school is a for-profit institution, some people assume that they should pass no mater what.

Ross will give everyone a chance. Some people make the most of it, some do not. This is good or bad, depends how you look at it.

We even get curved here, usually a generous 15 to 20 point curve at the end of the semester. We go by this Hofstee? grading system. So you could average a 60 and still get a B for the course. But if you score a 70 or higher on any exam there is no way they can fail you.

You have to work to keep yourself in, but Ross won't bust its butt to keep you in like some american schools will. Reading in another thread that you get to take comprehensive make up exams or remedial courses at american med schools. You wont get that kind of opportunity at Ross. If you fail a course here you will repeat the semester. If you fail everything, you're out of Ross.

Can't say anything about the rep. Ross gets a lot of crap on the internet from people who need to feel good about themselves by putting other people down.
Some criticism is warrented, but for reasons that are never mentioned online.

I wouldn't worry so much about the stigma about going to a caribbean/foreign med school. You only really deal with it come residency application time. Once in residency, its not your school that matters anymore, but how well you do in residency that determins where you go. Some programs will just flat out reject you because you came from a caribbean school. Some will not. But if you make it out of Ross and have everything in order, ie passed the USMLE and did the ECFMG? paperwork, you will get a residency spot in the US.

I could be saying a lot of BS. But I was in your same shoes a few months ago myself. You can go back and do searches if you like. I decided on this school based on the recommedation of some of my friends who did not come here, but did some clinical rotations with Ross students.

Thanx. I don't think your talking crap. A student from Ross came into my dad's clinic a couple months ago and had nothing but good things to say about the place. I think I have come to realize that that on this forum there are a lot of people that don't want to help, but just joke and cause problems. There are a lot of people like me who are trying to make major life decisions. It just sucks that there are people making this decision process harder through their malicious attacks.

steph

Hej,
I can see from your writing, you no good. Who is dkny1980? He goes to Howard too. i wanna see this dude and shake his hand. I also go to Howard. Skip you no good to the bone. You wanna know why i think this way? if i were you i would think twice about judging two historical black schools, and say why two african american inustitutes were placed as the worst medical schools? and Ross and the other offshore schools were placed in a better position than Howard and Mehary!! Thats very fishy to me, but remeber this is the USA, just check the history of this country and how they viewed non whites( white Americans didn't even consider african americans as homo sabiens ). As a white danish, when i read that biased study i said to my self, this an american study, if it was a Canadian study or european studies, or african american study, trust me the out come of the study will be different. So skip i visualize you as a cowboy/redneck. Am i right? I bet you, you are not black, latino, asians ,or a conciouncious white man/woman. You made a big mistake to use that study to justify your point. You failed to appreciate that the mentioned study you talking about is full of biases, and the only thing i can inferr from the so called study is that: Why african americans are targeted out and singled out, even as a practicing physicians. And when this country will be fair towards african americans. Sadly, i think it is not going to be any time soon as long as people like you still out there. My advice to you we are all the same. I know as a tall white man with blond hair, my chances are greater than my boy alex who happened to be very dark. I know when we get our MDs, my boy alex who is african american will have a rougher time than i, and am not even from this country. My boy alex always get pulled out by the police in Virginia and North Carolina just because he drives his car while he is black. i feel sorry for you skip, please try to get some help. travel to Africa, and see the good people of the mother land, may be such experience will add some insight to your vacant yankee so called brain. i hope you are not planning to be a doctor? Go and read some papers that were written about race and medicine in this country. may be that will add something to your limited view of humanity and may be you will realize that medicine still continue to contribute to racisme in this country. This is your home work go and find out how oppression and discrimination can affect one's health. And also check the internet for race and medicine, may be you will learn something after all. excuse me for my english, it is not my first language. Alex write way better than i. A m I right dude? He is sitting next to me, and we about to go back to hospital, we are doing our peds. rotation in children hospital here in DC. I love being here in a black inustitute they are very humane, and they always look after the very needy. i am so glad to be part of this ( i don't know what to call it) let us bounce alex. Bye ya all.

Your response is basically a bunch of poorly written drivel that I'm not really all that inclined to cogently respond to point-by-point.

The Hartford Courant did the research. If it wasn't true, they'd have had the crap sued out of them for libel. Suffice it to say that the facts are the facts.

Now, you're the one attempting to make this a race issue. I never mentioned race anywhere in my original rebuttal. DKNYKID1980 is, in fact, Indian. I have a lot of Indian friends. You should be ashamed at yourself for trying to play the race card. In further point of fact, Ross University is probably the most ethnically diverse school you'll ever run into.

Do a little more homework instead of trying to pander to the lowest common demoninator, you intellectual weakling.

-Skip

hey lenin-

whats up? you go here too? it would be cool to meet up one day with this SKIP guy and set him straight, I really can't believe they have such ignorant graduates at Ross, but then again without stringent admissions requirements at such a substandard establishment, what else should we expect.

secondly, the only reason i'm even replying to this thread, is because SKIP PERSONALLY IMed, purposedly trying to incite a flame war i presume. In any event, here is what i have to say.

first off, i am not african american (so dont think i'm trying to be defensive on account of that), nor am I an underrepressented minority in the medical field. IN response to the hartfoud connecticut article, what a bunch of hogwash. In fact many of read that and just laughed. FIRST off, who ever heard of that magazine/paper? It's basically some low budget newspaper with some eccentric views on society. It's like having my old buddy (haha) SKIPPIE here have a newspaper of his own and basically write whatever he wishes on it.....I would equate this article to a mere tabloid. but i suppose most ross graduates can't really read at the level of NEJM and other more respectable reads and thus resort to getting their information from such sources of tabloids, hartfoud connecticut papers ,etc. it's ok skippy, i understand, although you are 40+ years old, and are some hillbilly redneck (as my friend lenin alluded to earlier) you reading capabilities are probably at that level or even less.

additionally, yes howard WAS a historically black college. however, there are tons of non-black students here. In addition, these afican americans that go here are among the BEST, we have students here mostly from the UCLA, UC irvine, IVY league systems....NOT the typical community college grads that you will find at such substandard diploma mills like caribbean schools. People that attend school here have gotten accepted to MANY DO schools. I know several that have gotten accepted to MANY other US schools, but based on financial reasons and financial aid decided to go here. In addition, if you read the US news magazine, you will see that many of the physicians here are NATIONALLY recognized and our hospital is a TRAUMA ONE institution (the only one in DC...yes not even GEORGETOWN has one buddy). additionally, what people dont understand is that the biggest public hospital in DC (DC GENERAL was closed down, and all those people that WOULD have gone there are coming here....as a result YES we do have an increased patient population, yet we are still able to cater to them with QUALITY healthcare). As for the harfoud connecticut, who cares what they write, anyone can write whatever they please. HOWEVER, we know this rubbish written about howard is simply rubbish. People write about schools all the time and try to downplay them (for example, when YALE and NORTHWESTERN lost their accred for certain residencies people were saying how bad those schools are.....I think everyone can agree that they arent though). people like skippy will try to extrapolate anything from the very little they can find.

going on though.....yes skippy. its pretty funny how you ROSS students all try to hide the fact you all are caribbean grads in your rotations. OFTEN times you rossies, when asked about WHERE you went to med school, often times answer, well i did some work in NY or CHICAGO (referring to the US STATE you did your rotation in). TO ALL APPLICANTS to ROSS.....do you see how EMBARASSED these people are of their school? I dont have to do that, I can tell them I went to a US school, in a US city, thats had an ESTABLISHED history (since 1867) and a great reputation.

alright well i gotta study, something these rossies dont really have to do. well i'll talk to you later.. cant wait to hear back from this bitter old man, skippy.

next, before you call my colleague here an 'intellectual weakling' look at yourself in mirror. WHY is such a 'intellectual stronghold' such as you going to a diploma mill like ROSS???? is it because you couldnt get into a US school be it DO or MD? I think so.. pooor fellow. I know you are getting old and all and it really does amuse me how you know everything about me. my race, my school, etc.....you've done your research certainly, but since I havent posted on this forum for a while, it shows how you are obviously at some LOW BUDGET rotation somewhere (the case for all ROSS grads doing rotations in the US) and have an exceptional amount of time on your hands. In any event, like I said I have to study....toodles flamer.

I dont get why you dont direct future applicants to ROSS away from it? do you really, want them to suffer and endure the harsh living conditions and humiliation you will be suffering now and forever ??? direct these applicants to the right way. DO US MD SCHOOLS! or do DO schools. SHUN AWAY FROM ALL FOREIGN SCHOOLS if at all possible!! THIS IS THE REALITY OF THE MATTER.

PS....look on page one of this thread and read IMBEBO's thread future applicants of ROSS. HE, a ROSS student, states he would have done a DO school in the US! I cant stres my point any further. so please reconsider and think it over before going to ROSS.
later

Skip brings to the table a legitimate piece of research based on 3 seperate State/Federal databases of physician performance showing Howard to have major problems with the disciplinary records of their graduates. Howard's response. Most of us just laughed or they made it up because they have some weird social agenda. Oh yeah or the every popular one of Lenin of it's another example of WHITEY trying to keep the black man down
DKNY and Lenin like most Ross flamers bring anecdotal BS of I met a Ross guy in residency who didn't tell people he went to Ross. With A holes like you guys out there who can blame them. Or one person on this forum who now says he wished he had gone osteopathic. Big deal. Sorry he realized that a little too late. I didn't hear him say I wish I had gone to one of the worst 4 medical schools in the world like Howard.
Howard has and will always have one trump card over Ross and once you take it out there is no argument Ross is a better medical school. What is that trump card you ask? Geography. It's in the US so it's LCME accredited. The LCME will not even consider accrediting ANY non US or Canadian medical schools so it's not a valid metric for comparing Ross to Howard. HC paper found what seems to me to be a good one.

LOL....

go here friends:

http://www.howard.edu/administration/univcomm/releases/viewarticle.asp?num=76

This is howard's response. In addition. if you look at the research they (harfoud crap) conducted, it was completely played out to make howard look bad. the article doesnt at all mention how graduates of the the entire UC system in CALIFORNIA has several disciplinary actions against them (and this research was doen in California). The individuals that wrote this article DEFINITELY had an issue against howard. I am not one to bring the racial issue up at all (for pete's sake I'm not Afican American), however, this definitely was a bash against them. FURTHERMORE, if any of you care to go to the archives of NPR (that's national public radio...i know they dont have that in the caribbean there skippy....you can listen to the interview of the author of this article). if you listen to the interview, you can see how ignorant the individual who wrote this and SEVERAL other racially biased propagandic material actually is.

SO once again this isnt what skippy would call an 'intellectually weak argument', morever, merely a manifestation of hard evidence. read the articles, look up the authors of the article, and look at the research. YOU MUST LOOK AT YOUR SOURCE, because individuals like skippy and the like will have you think different.

later

p.s. about the trump card. i suppose we have a couple of them right? just like every other US med school (i.e a distinguished HOSPITAL, with distinguished faculty, etc all from the good ol' US of A.....not caribea somewhere in the ocean school of incompetent community college grads given health profession training.....yes thats right, i dont even consider it a med school, although I admit you all probably will be great med techs and possibly EMS personnel).

tootles

Folks, let's cool these flames down in here some.

"PS....look on page one of this thread and read IMBEBO's thread future applicants of ROSS. HE, a ROSS student, states he would have done a DO school in the US! I cant stres my point any further. so please reconsider and think it over before going to ROSS."

I did say that. I did apply. I got interviews. I messed up at my interviews. But please don't put words in my mouth. I never stated that I wish I had never come here and just applied DO.

Its funny how a few months ago I was reading the same BS concerning allopathic vs osteopathic. Now its american vs foreign. It really never ends.

I would encourage anyone who wants to practice in the US to look at an allopathic or osteopathic medical school first. If any of the osteopathic schools had given me the opportunity, I would be there right now, but maybe for the best I was not accepted.

But I would like to stress one point, I have NO REGRETS about attending Ross. Its giving me the opportunity no american school would and Im making the best of it thus far. I messed up early in my collegiate career at Brandeis, because of that I am here.

A lot of people are here because of the competitivness of american schools. A I know a few friends who had 3.5+ gpas and 30+ (one with a 37 even) on the mcat and all they could get after 2 rounds of applications was waitlists. Why let the dream end there?

There are people here who are starting 2nd careers and because american medical schools want younger people, 9 out of 10 times they would never even get a 2nd look during the application process because of their age.

My advice to anyone is explore your options at home first. If you really want to become a physician then know what you are getting yourself into. The school is great( for the most part), the island is horrible.

And before anyone tries to generalize Ross any further, why don't you come down to Dominica and see this "disaster" first hand. See people studying Monday through Sunday, 12 hours a day. See what we have to eat. See where we have to sleep.
This island has nothing.

hey lenin-

whats up? you go here too? it would be cool to meet up one day with this SKIP guy and set him straight, I really can't believe they have such ignorant graduates at Ross, but then again without stringent admissions requirements at such a substandard establishment, what else should we expect.

dknykid -- it'd behoove you to look at some of Lenin's (er, RossLoss, er, Nasir, er, Rasta man...) other posts before bonding with him. E.g.:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88052

-pitman

LOL....

go here friends:

http://www.howard.edu/administration/univcomm/releases/viewarticle.asp?num=76

This is howard's response. In addition. if you look at the research they (harfoud crap) conducted, it was completely played out to make howard look bad. the article doesnt at all mention how graduates of the the entire UC system in CALIFORNIA has several disciplinary actions against them (and this research was doen in California). The individuals that wrote this article DEFINITELY had an issue against howard.

That's silly to claim the authors had it out for Howard. The article was very clever, and appropriate, and had dissenting opinions in it FROM THE VERY SAME PEOPLE WHO HOLD BACK RELEVANT DATA! Howard in its response made the same straw attack, claiming that "other" data should have been used...except that's missing a major point the article makes (acknowledgment that MORE data is needed to get more valid results..but the data is being WITHHELD by the AAMC and others, and Howard knows that!). Howard also brings up silly comparison arguments (e.g., UC Irvine) which doesn't take into account the 3 separate databases and the holding *correlation* *across* them. Lastly, the article never *blames* the quality of the schools (read it a carefully).

THere's an interesting discussion on the article (well, interesting to me ;)) here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/sho...75147&perpage=20&highlight=flunk&pagenumber=1

If you respond to this, read the entire above thread first (since much of it is my position).

-pitman

Edit 1: Originally posted by Lenin
Mr. Brown nose, If Ross is that good, why go to Aussie?!
Edit 2: Originally posted by Lenin
Mr. Brown nose, If Ross is that good, why go to Aussie?!See ya all tomorrow. good luck to every hard worker out there in dominica, and say hi to Dr. tweedle, if he still teaches at Ross, he is a good man.

Lenin, you're a *****. Sorry to have to say it, but you've left me no other choice. If your question were pertinent, had a logical link, wasn't self-contradictory, or had some semblance to the rational world, I may have responded to it. Then you amend it in a sophomoric attempt to "win" someone (who, Ross students, associating with you??) over?

Go back to the Lenin thread and whip out your Ross conspiracy fraud evidence everyone knows you've been promising for over a year:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88052

-pitman

I don't know why in the f....you write here. Are you making good green as...hol..Why don't you fu..k off. You make me sick. It seems like you have nothing else to do. You like it now don't you. You know what as long as am here, you ain't gonna fool no one, you hear me brown nose.The I.

I don't have any problem with Ross's students, or the staff in dominica, my problem is with some of the ppl in Edison, NJ, and low life ppl. like you. i know very well Ross students are not the problem, the problem is the ppl who run the school, and the corrupted idividuals like your self.

Lenin,

If you want to be taken seriously, then consider this advice: put up or shut up. Each time you claim ROSS CONSPIRACY FRAUD, promise evidence, and don't deliver, you lose cred. Particularly with Ross students.

It doesn't take "corruption" or "brown-nosing" or "being no good" for one to expect credibility.

-pitman

but now it is out of my hand, i have to wait and see the out come with Mr. Deshield, and then i will keep you and the others updated, How that sound, fair enough?

That sounds fair, and then your evidence can be seen by all. In the meantime, please refrain from making unqualified accusations w/ promises of future proof.

-pitman

Mr. Brown nose, If Ross is that good, why go to Aussie?!See ya all tomorrow. good luck to every hard worker out there in dominica, and say hi to Dr. tweedle, if he still teaches at Ross, he is a good man.

hahah Lenin I find this hilarious...you are bringing up ROSS on the St. Chris thread....it's funny how i'm reading all of this heated debate and then your msg about ROSS just pops up.

What do you have against ROSS anyway?

Thats sound cool with i, no more street sh....We should respect each other and no more the "f" word from now own. I don't wanna waste my energy w/ you. Do you feel me?(But, seriousely, you ain't MichDC?)

Agreed. No, I've only been pitman. That way, when I f*k up, everyone knows who to slander ;)

Good luck and hope there's a positive outcome somehow.

-pitman

Ross University dismissed me just three month before completing my MD program, and the main reason was the fact that i was accepted to their program with only 15 cre.(my grade in "composition I" was "D". and 6 cre. of english as a foreign language). I was advised not to complete my undergrad degree, and i was told that i would be accepted based on the criterion of acceptance to medical school on my own country(you get accepted to medical school in my country directly from high school-"6 year program"). Thats a brief of my experience with Ross, but about the conspiracy and fraud(Ross, Us Dept. of education, and ECFMG) am gonna wait for now.

So it sounds like you're charging them with breach of contract (MD degree) and fraud (tuition).

Lenin, I do have to say I'm skeptical, if not only because of the previous ways you've brought the issue up without saying anything beyond "Ross conspiracy fraud". But, having said that, if you were wronged, I hope you get some retribution.

Double-check with your lawyers, but it may be wisest not to say anything more until you get a resolution -- judges often frown upon the parties discussing a pending case, and you don't want a counter-suit from Ross for libel. In other words, try to refrain from the accusations for now, no matter how true they may be! After judgment, unless part of any settlement, you'll be free to say whatever you want and expose away.

Were you told of any dates for when to expect action on this?

-pitman

If as you claim you have been wronged by Ross... and you want to get the message out there..well then I am the first person on your side in the name of truth, accountability, etc.etc. But please spare us all the injustice of making promises and expecting us all to avoid Ross based on the possible wrongdoing of an individual case of some guy we all only know through the internet. You really should stay silent until such time as you can substantiate your claims becuase ultimately it would save you looking like a fool. Moreover you would win the respect of alot of people. I really do wish you the best of luck. Just please post with the aforementioned in mind.

Yeh, i think i will go with that. To answer your question, I just called the court in NY, and i was told that something will happen in the next 3 month, i was told that the court system is packed up due to the 9/11 incident.

that i trust you, just by mentioning Theodore, and the 150,000. I think that i know you, and you know that i know you.

...it was completely played out to make howard look bad.

Yeah, it's all one big consipiracy against Howard that started in 1978 when they were cited by an independent committee for having one of the worst scientific programs. :rolleyes:

Thanks for responding, kid. You once again showed your true colors. You can't answer the facts with facts, so you offer your meaningless uninformed and irrelevant opinion (as usual) instead.

Why am I not surprised?

:laugh:

-Skip

P.S. "Lenin" is supposedly a Ross drop-out who is now at Howard... I don't need to say anything else. Make your own inferences.

So, if i were you, i will stand low, and i know you know the man, and you know it will bring a bam....bam and what a bam ...bam( i think you know v/well "me no joke", me bam bam)

Barney and Betty Rubble must be so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

all i got to say buddy is this skippy....

i know 4 kids that graduated with me from undergrad that applied to howard.....3 are in the caribbean (b/w sgu and ross) and one at a DO school.

What does that show????????? EASY right, HARDER TO GET INTO US SCHOOL (whether it be howard or whatever). and about the 1978 incident (i dont know about the validity of that) , lol was your school even around????

and if you site that as an incident, both YALE and NORTHWESTERN had residency problems last year. furthermore, this has occurred to MANY schools. what does that mean? that means US SCHOOLS actually undergo critical evaluations and people are always analyzing and evaluating the institutions (it doesnt mean theyre bad genius). UNLIKE in caribea, diploma mill ROSS, where's there's no regulation. it's a system based upon whatever one wants to teach. there are no NATIONAL regulators, etc simply the local tribal chief probably and the excuse for a dean at your school (who probably was excommunicated/retired from a US school and decided to have a vacation of sorts and get paid by taking a position at your school).

once again, rossy genius, your arguments or out of context and fully unjustified. merely, reciting articles and infarctions do not mean much. the fact of the matter is this. IF YOU GOT INTO ANY US SCHOOL you would have done it because you wouldnt want to deal with people like me that are going to constantly call you out. just suck it up and get used to it skippy, you went to a crappy school, where money was the sole basis of granting you admissions, and you did receieve a sub standard education. like I said, dont be better, just suck it up and try to keep your chin up even though i'm sure you are so sick and tired of hearing so much criticism about your worthless school on that tiny island that you barely can thrive without questioning your selection of an institution (if you can call it that). you bitter old man you, it's still not late to reapply to a US school and try to attain a real education.

cheers!

all the messages are not about ross students.

i am quite happy at here other than dirty bathrooms caused by uncivilzed idiots who think that they can be doctors.

Again, all I can say is that I just have to quote myself (who better?)...

Originally posted by Skip Intro
You can't answer the facts with facts, so you offer your meaningless uninformed and irrelevant opinion (as usual) instead.

Why am I not surprised?

I quoted a study. You can't top that. Just admit it.

-Skip

(P.S. Don't get me wrong, Ross - among many other foreign and U.S. schools including Duke, Michigan, etc. - was on the national list. The thing is, Howard was near the top of the list [like #2 or #3]. Ross was ranked #164. Until you can cogently respond to that, Kid, your hot air amounts to nothing more than a fart in a windstorm.)

Folks, lets make the subject more the subject, and not one's ability to be most poetically insulting of another. Thanks.

oh there you go again skippy...

listen i dont have time to be looking up articles that display what a pitiful school it is, i'll leave that up to the reader who desires to.

secondly, concerning your school. a family friend of ours was a dean there. HE ADMITTED to us about how awful of a school and pretty much told me NOT to go there. yes thats coming from a DEAN!! enough said.

the fact of the matter is simple and I hate having to repeat myself and quite frankly, I do not even know why i carry these conversations with you....i mean pretty much it's useless talking to a hard headed bitter old man who can't come to terms with the fact that ANY US school is much more better than ANY CARIBBEAN school. frankly, you're not even worthy of me speaking to you. so i'll stop wasting my time. maybe i'll see you when i'm doing rounds one day and I'll ask you (the tech) to empty the urine pan of one my patients one day.

tootles bitter old man. how old did you say you were again? aww the maturity reaks of it.

tootles

I have a friend that goes to Howard....
He's a second year now....
He says there were two white, 5 indian people out of a class of 120 something. Is that really a "ton"?
Hmmm...
Howard WAS a historically black college? or IS a historically black college?
Fact 1 that my friend at HU told me-
Normally med schools have over 99% retention rate. Isn't it true Howard lost a number of students after the first year?
Fact 2-
Howard's board scores don't seem too visible........
i hear that 35-40% failed their boards from the current third year class compared to carribean schools with passing rates of?

Trust me im not flaming howard. Im flaming Dknykid for some of his childish words on here. I know alot of howard med graduates- none of them talk this badly of ANY other school. We ALL struggle for that med. Howard represents a top tier in decency. Kid- some of your comments would be embarrassing to any of your colleagues to read im sure.....
How have you found howard , kid? Have you been breezing through classes?

-James