I did ROTC to medical school and I would advise against it. While it helped with my resume to get me into a great medical school, the situation is strongly stacked against you in terms of time commitment, scheduling difficulties, and of course the wills of the Army.
I would only do ROTC if you are comfortable going into the military directly after college as a line officer. There are many threads on SDN that explore the situation further, but a good next step if you are looking to follow this path is to contact the ROTC program at the university that you are considering and ask to speak with pre-meds in the ROTC program/medical students who graduated from the program. If they are conspicuously absent or unreachable, take it as a red flag. Questions to ask: how many people have gone through the program to get to medical school? How many have tried and failed? Is the ROTC program supportive of the pre-med situation?
Also consider that ROTC covers tuition, some small expenses, and a miniscule stipend. You'll still be in debt from housing and living expenses (unless you find a supplemental income source, scholarship or have financial support). HPSP, while also controversial on this site, is a SIGNIFICANTLY better deal. College loans are 4% lower interest rates, medical school is way more expensive generally, the HPSP stipend (and bonus if that's still around) is significantly more, and HPSP guarantees a physician job while ROTC guarantees nothing about your future. Also HPSP has no requirements while you're in school whereas ROTC is a daily remember that you're committed to the Army doing non-medical things. I'm making the case that HPSP is way better than ROTC, and people still bash HPSP on this forum. That should give you an idea about ROTC.
By the way, WernickeDO's post about ROTC being a weekend job is absolutely false. I had PT at 6am 3-6 days a week, ROTC classroom 2 days a week, ROTC field lab once per week, and a weekend trip about every 1-2 months where there was no opportunity to study. Then junior year was even more intense, culminating in the ****-show that is LDAC for 2 months between junior and senior year (when medical school applications are starting).
As a side note, I empathize with your situation. I grew up in an affluent environment and was blindsided when the financial support for university was absent. I chose the ROTC route and while I'm proud of making it through to medical school and beyond, my college experience was the most miserable and intense four years of my life. Best of luck and remember that you'll be the only one who lives and deals with the decisions that you make--not your judgmental community.