RRT to AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leviathan

Drinking from the hydrant
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any accelerated Anesthesiology Assistant programs which take into consideration prior training in respiratory therapy?

Members don't see this ad.

nope, there aren't.
there is a pa to aa program that knocks off some of the didactic courses though.

Does anyone know if there are any accelerated Anesthesiology Assistant programs which take into consideration prior training in respiratory therapy?

Canadas AA programs do take RRTs and RNs with ICU experience. from what i understand though is that the role of a AA in Canada is much different from that of an AA in the USA.

I'm sure RT training would help in anesthesia school though.

Canadas AA programs do take RRTs and RNs with ICU experience. from what i understand though is that the role of a AA in Canada is much different from that of an AA in the USA.

I'm sure RT training would help in anesthesia school though.

You're right, the AA programs here require you to be either an RRT or critical care nurse. Their scope mostly involves setting up the anaesthesiology machines, starting lines on the patient, intubating, etc.

You'd think an RT would get some credit for AA school in the US, though.