This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

na1433

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Recently I applied to the Biotechnology Masters Program at Rush University and I recently did a phone interview. Does anyone know how soon the decisions come out or if anyone has already been accepted please let me know how long it took to get back to you? Thanks it would mean a lot if I heard from others.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. Recently I applied to the Biotechnology Masters Program at Rush University and I recently did a phone interview. Does anyone know how soon the decisions come out or if anyone has already been accepted please let me know how long it took to get back to you? Thanks it would mean a lot if I heard from others.
Hey I actually just received an email about a phone interview. Mine is April 18th, and I was wondering what would be best to prepare?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ta
Hey I actually just received an email about a phone interview. Mine is April 18th, and I was wondering what would be best to prepare?
I was accepted last week. Well show that you are really interested in the program for one, and demonstrate your interest in research specifically, since that's what the program is geared for. Talk about your times working in research field, if you have had, and what you plan to utilize a education focused on research for in the future. Demonstrate your passion and dedication and ask questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ta

I was accepted last week. I did my interview mid-March. Well show that you are really interested in the program for one, and demonstrate your interest in research specifically, since that's what teh program is geared for. Talk about your times working in research field, if you have had, and what you plan to utilize a education focused on research for in the future. Demonstrate your passion and dedication and ask questions.

Congratulations!!! Do you think you will be going? Have they said how many they have accepted so far? How do you think your interview played a role? Are you looking to work in research as a career? I'm just pretty nervous about that part. I have worked in a lab for almost 2 years and I'm finishing up my thesis on it. I'm not really interested in going into research as a career, since my main goal is ultimately medicine.

Ta

I was accepted last week. I did my interview mid-March. Well show that you are really interested in the program for one, and demonstrate your interest in research specifically, since that's what teh program is geared for. Talk about your times working in research field, if you have had, and what you plan to utilize a education focused on research for in the future. Demonstrate your passion and dedication and ask questions.

Also, how long did it all take? Like when did you apply, when was your interview, when did you hear back? Also if you wouldn't mind sharing your stats that would be awesome.

Also, how long did it all take? Like when did you apply, when was your interview, when did you hear back? Also if you wouldn't mind sharing your stats that would be awesome.
Also, just talk about your passion for your science courses and etcl. Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Ta

Hey! Congratulations on your acceptance. I was wondering how soon after you applied, did they contact you for a phone interview?

Hey! Congratulations on your acceptance. I was wondering how soon after you applied, did they contact you for a phone interview?
I applied mid January and I got invitation mid march for interview
I believe they do interviews from march to June though I might be wrong
Good luck

Last edited:
I applied mid January and I got invitation mid march for interview
I believe they do interviews from march to June though I might be wrong
Good luck
Thanks for your response! Also if you don't mind me asking, what was your GPA/test scores? I just want to know where I stand.

Thanks for your response! Also if you don't mind me asking, what was your GPA/test scores? I just want to know where I stand.
As long as you show consistency or improvement in your grades I think you'll be fine. All guidelines are listed on the website for admission preferences. Good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ta

congratulations on your acceptance. were you accepted by mail or email?

They email u first then mail u a week later with the same letter

Still waiting to hear back! When did you apply?
I applied april 10th and received an email the 17th for a phone interview on the 18th. I hope we hear something soon!

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone had been rejected from the program? I applied on March 30th and have not heard anything back since then. I received an email some time ago that my application was in review but have not received anything since then. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what that could mean? Have I been most likely rejected?

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone had been rejected from the program? I applied on March 30th and have not heard anything back since then. I received an email some time ago that my application was in review but have not received anything since then. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what that could mean? Have I been most likely rejected?
I think your fine, I remember I got same email when all my materials went through

I got the same email as well. They just sent an email saying they're still reviewing applications (likely until the beginning of June). You're definitely not alone.

My avatar picture is the exact same expression I had on my face while reading the new email.

just heard back :// Got waitlisted. I think this is because I definitely spoke too much about how my end goal was medicine and not research. If anyone is also on the waitlist I would love to hear your backup plans.

just heard back :// Got waitlisted. I think this is because I definitely spoke too much about how my end goal was medicine and not research. If anyone is also on the waitlist I would love to hear your backup plans.
I hope it works out for you! Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear that you were waitlisted. I hope you eventually get in.

got an acceptance email and then a disregard email. between the wait and the emails I'm about to pass out.

Is there a facebook group for this?

Anybody get accepted yet? I've been waiting since March 30th and the wait is just killing me.

there is a facebook group for those accepted.

I'm pretty sure classes already started.