Rush Waitlist Movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitecoat

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone knows how good is the waitlist movement at Rush. Does Rush offer many acceptances to waitlisted students in the past? When will the students be informed about their status change? I love the medical school, and I would be extremely happy to attend there. Thanks so much for your inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I understand, waitlist movement tends to vary from year to year but is generally pretty good. I think people started to here last year around the last couple weeks of June.
Good luck!

one more trip to chicago and i will make a final decision but i'd probably go to pritzker if i go back there, so there will be at least 1 spot by may15th ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I declined my Rush acceptance. Good luck

Hiya,
How long did it take you to hear back from Rush? I had kind of a late interview but was expecting something by now. I am not going to go reguardless, (though I did like the school) so IF I get in there will be some more waitlist movement. Good luck!

I interviewed 11/25 and heard back the second week in January

Anyone know anything about the Rush waitlist stats? I know it's variable, but it would be nice to have an idea. I just received an invite to interview for a place on the waiting list, and I'm not sure how high my hopes ought to be :) I'd love to attend, and am hoping I still have a shot.

i got waitlisted in february for my interview at the end of january.....i wonder if the class was full all the way back then? that means there's going to be tons of people on the waitlist :( i can't wait til may 15 though.....:D i'm very optimistic. i'm also waitlisted at loyola though, and they're my first choice....so i'll give up my spot at rush if i get into both (fat chance :p )

Rush ranks their waitlist around May15th. I think there is about 150 on it at its "fullest." I say fullest b/c people will most likely drop out of it as they get pulled off of other waitlists/accept offers from other schools.

From the ranked list, past years have shown that people in the top 25% usually end up getting in, while just about everyone in the lowest 25% has to start making other plans.

Keep in mind that this is not exact, and every year is something new. So who knows, maybe Rush will really go deep into their waitlist, or maybe will only pull out 2 or 3 people? Only time will tell.

Gook luck!:clap:

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll just have to relax for the interview and hope for the best :cool:

(and in the meantime, anxiously await other offers in case I end up in the bottom 25%!)

Flick said:
Rush ranks their waitlist around May15th. I think there is about 150 on it at its "fullest." I say fullest b/c people will most likely drop out of it as they get pulled off of other waitlists/accept offers from other schools.

From the ranked list, past years have shown that people in the top 25% usually end up getting in, while just about everyone in the lowest 25% has to start making other plans.

Keep in mind that this is not exact, and every year is something new. So who knows, maybe Rush will really go deep into their waitlist, or maybe will only pull out 2 or 3 people? Only time will tell.

Gook luck!:clap:

do they notify you as to where you are on the list??? :scared: :oops:

JunkintheTrunk said:
do they notify you as to where you are on the list??? :scared: :oops:

After they rank the list, they will tell you what quartile you are in... usually good news if it's the top 25%..but of course not always b/c it varies. Anyway, if you really want to come here I would "suggest" making sure they know that you remain interested during the summer months. I don't know how much it helps, but it can't hurt!! Good luck! ;)

Bumpity-bump.

Has anyone heard from Rush yet? I'm not sure if the waitlist has been ranked yet - though I'm dying to know...from reading last year's posts, by this time, it should be ranked.

-cd

coredump said:
Bumpity-bump.

Has anyone heard from Rush yet? I'm not sure if the waitlist has been ranked yet - though I'm dying to know...from reading last year's posts, by this time, it should be ranked.

-cd

You should call the admissions department next week and ask! Good luck! :)

Thanks Opus3. I was bored at work, so I actually called today. It seems they have not yet ranked the list. I was told to call back some time next week.

-cd

Rush had ranked their waitlist. I received an email last Frid.

Just curious if anyone had heard anything about movement? I am getting a little antsy as Rush is my top choice.