Russian Spy Doc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HighPriest

Specialized in diseases of the head holes
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ukraine-Russia war: US army doctor and wife charged with Russia spying https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63079868

So….she’s an American transgender doc who feels the Russian government, who thinks the LGBTQ idea is a symptom of western devolution, is right and she is willing to help them even if it means being fired or arrested, but she was initially hesitant about supplying Russia with health information because of HIPAA….the American law. I assume either because of some sort of weird moral island, or because she was worried she could be a doctor if anyone found out about the spying and put her in prison for life….?

What? I can’t even theorize the thought process there.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Investigate, Prosecute, Leave to rot in Leavenworth.

Reactions: 4 users
This sounds like bad sitcom writing. Sometimes reality is more silly than fiction. Reminds me of that “Russian spy” who had the best petunias on the block.

Reactions: 1 users
You can’t make it up.

And she was thinking about joining the Russian military? Do you think they have a policy for transgendered soldiers?

I mean, I think right now their policy is probably “if you can take a bullet, we can take you,” but generally speaking I mean.

Someone is pitching this script to Netflix for their next true crime series, as we speak.

Reactions: 4 users
Rumor I heard he was normal married dude, had a true psychotic breakdown, was being med boarded out, played the trans card, and here we are.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Ukraine-Russia war: US army doctor and wife charged with Russia spying https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63079868

So….she’s an American transgender doc who feels the Russian government, who thinks the LGBTQ idea is a symptom of western devolution, is right and she is willing to help them even if it means being fired or arrested, but she was initially hesitant about supplying Russia with health information because of HIPAA….the American law. I assume either because of some sort of weird moral island, or because she was worried she could be a doctor if anyone found out about the spying and put her in prison for life….?

What? I can’t even theorize the thought process there.
It is literally the dumbest thing I've read of a doctor doing in years. This is make a movie out of it levels of incompetence

Rumor I heard he was normal married dude, had a true psychotic breakdown, was being med boarded out, played the trans card, and here we are.
It is suspicious that she/he (not sure what they are going by at this point as articles are disagreeing) is only a major after having been a physician and AD since 2007.

It is suspicious that she/he (not sure what they are going by at this point as articles are disagreeing) is only a major after having been a physician and AD since 2007.

Also no deployments during that time. This article has more details on what medical records they were trying to provide to the Russians.

That's what I thought, too. I left in 2017 as a major, and Henry predated me. When I first read the article, I thought, "this can't be the guy I knew back as an intern." Turns out, it was. Back then, he was like most nerdy hooah USUHS grads in IM. Then one day, he just vanished. I asked one of the attendings in that department where he'd been, since i hadn't seen him in forever, and he got very evasive, mentioned behavior problems, not a good fit, blah, blah, blah, maybe flight surgery. I guess I found out. Damn.

That's what I thought, too. I left in 2017 as a major, and Henry predated me. When I first read the article, I thought, "this can't be the guy I knew back as an intern." Turns out, it was. Back then, he was like most nerdy hooah USUHS grads in IM. Then one day, he just vanished. I asked one of the attendings in that department where he'd been, since i hadn't seen him in forever, and he got very evasive, mentioned behavior problems, not a good fit, blah, blah, blah, maybe flight surgery. I guess I found out. Damn.
Manchurian candidate?

Same thing I thought when I read the article. In that long and still 0-4 as a med doc? Yeah something is wrong there.

RCA Findings:

1. As in the cases of Nidal Hassan, Chelsea Manning, and now Jamie Henry, these events could have been prevented if the Army could actually separate individuals who need separation from the Service (for the good of both the Service and the individual) without worrying about subsequent reprisals due to political optics.

On a personal note--Jamie ranks up there with the schizophrenics I've known in my life in terms of a personality being completely unrecognizable to me when compared to the personality I knew previously.

Reactions: 1 users