Rutgers Gateway to dentistry 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.sam2024

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone applied to the gateway to Dentistry program for this coming January? Did anyone receive any acceptance letters, as they should have been sent out on or around Nov. 1? I am worried I won't be accepted because I wrote that I shadowed over 125 hours, and they will assume that I already know 100% that this is what I want to do.

Members don't see this ad.

well 2 Years ago I applied and wrote that I shadowed 100 hours and they rejected me because they said that I have already decided on my career so I guess your screwed

well 2 Years ago I applied and wrote that I shadowed 100 hours and they rejected me because they said that I have already decided on my career so I guess your screwed
Yup I am. Got my reply earlier today that I was rejected this cycle. Thanks though. I have a 3.9 gpa and 3.88 sgpa and my application is very solid so I figure that it is due to my excess shadowing hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup I am. Got my reply earlier today that I was rejected this cycle. Thanks though. I have a 3.9 gpa and 3.88 sgpa and my application is very solid so I figure that it is due to my excess shadowing hours.
How come you applied for it?
Do you plan on going to Rutgers or you just did it to strengthen your app?

How come you applied for it?
Do you plan on going to Rutgers or you just did it to strengthen your app?
I applied as I'm hoping to go to Rutgers and I figured that I'd get to see from an inside view how school is like there, and I would be able to get a feel from the faculty if my application was good enough.

I applied as I'm hoping to go to Rutgers and I figured that I'd get to see from an inside view how school is like there, and I would be able to get a feel from the faculty if my application was good enough.

a lot of these programs are federally/privately funded, and are intended to improve access to health professions careers to under-represented groups and to aid those who may not have the strongest applications for other reasons...

a lot of these programs are federally/privately funded, and are intended to improve access to health professions careers to under-represented groups and to aid those who may not have the strongest applications for other reasons...
I did not think of it in that respect, and I am happy now that I did not take a spot from someone who could have used it more than me. Thanks

I did not think of it in that respect, and I am happy now that I did not take a spot from someone who could have used it more than me. Thanks

I wish you well next year in your application...