RVU-COM (Rocky Vista - Colorado) Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know how many students there will be total in the class for this fall? is it 150?

also, does anyone have pictures of the school as it looks now with construction and all, and pictures of the area that the school is in? if so please post or post links....thanks

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know how many students there will be total in the class for this fall? is it 150?

also, does anyone have pictures of the school as it looks now with construction and all, and pictures of the area that the school is in? if so please post or post links....thanks

The class size will be 150.

As for recent pictures, I don't have any to post but I have driven by recently and the building is almost complete and landscape is being put in. It is a awesome looking building on the outside and no doubt the inside will be fantastic.

Any word on your secondary?

There are some pics of the school that someone put up on facebook. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
not yet, just submitted it recently....

I will be calling be calling next week though to see if anything has happened yet.

The class size will be 150.

As for recent pictures, I don't have any to post but I have driven by recently and the building is almost complete and landscape is being put in. It is a awesome looking building on the outside and no doubt the inside will be fantastic.

Any word on your secondary?

RVU said that my app is complete and I should hear something soon. They did acknowledge that it was very late in the app cycle, which I am well aware of. However one of the women I spoke with last week said RVU-COM is running behind (which is understandable with a new school) and the class was NOT full, so I figured I'd give it a try. Take it easy people.

Hey All
I'm applying to RVU for the 2009 cycle. I am currently looking for a good DO to shadow and hopefully get a letter from. Anyone have anyone that they recommend in the Denver or surrounding areas?

Hey All
I'm applying to RVU for the 2009 cycle. I am currently looking for a good DO to shadow and hopefully get a letter from. Anyone have anyone that they recommend in the Denver or surrounding areas?

Hey Airlife...PM me and I could probably give you some good suggestions!

How did RVUCOM contact you guys about an interview? phone? USPS? email?
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it was an e-mail for me...

I'd like a few docs to shadow me based on all my awesomeness... ;)

we should all shadow you, but then when would you have the time to mentor all the needy people in the world.:D

Are they still interviewing, anyone know how many seats are left? I wonder what the size of the waitlist is.

Are they still interviewing, anyone know how many seats are left? I wonder what the size of the waitlist is.

From what I understand, RVU is still interviewing. Seats are tight, but there is movement with people deciding on where they want to matriculate. I would suggest that if you have specific questions, you should contact admissions directly.:thumbup:

hey does anyone know the director of admissions (Julie R. ) email adress? if so please post here or pm me. thanks!!

hey does anyone know the director of admissions (Julie R. ) email adress? if so please post here or pm me. thanks!!

If you go to rockyvistauniversity.org you can select contact admissions and submit a message. They are good about returning a reply, but if this does not work or takes longer than you would like just give them a call! Goodluck!

i was kinda hoping i could contact julie r. directly...can anyone help me out?

If you go to rockyvistauniversity.org you can select contact admissions and submit a message. They are good about returning a reply, but if this does not work or takes longer than you would like just give them a call! Goodluck!

Very excited at our medical training prospects in this region! I drove by the school (and some training hospitals) just day before yesterday and they are putting the finishing touches on the facility (looks amazing from the outside). The building will soon be filled by an even more awesome faculty and staff (and med students! :D)

Just FYI & no longer heresay (corroborated elsewhere on SDN, too): UofC has been formally notifying their accepted and waitlisted students that there will be a re-allocation to Anschutz as they transition a large number of their key teaching sites to the RVUCOM med school/med students. In addition, UofC is working very closely with RVUCOM, including cross faculty participation and medical teaching resources (cadavers, etc.); it's going to be a great relationship.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Very excited at our medical training prospects in this region! I drove by the school (and some training hospitals) just day before yesterday and they are putting the finishing touches on the facility (looks amazing from the outside). The building will soon be filled by an even more awesome faculty and staff (and med students! :D)

Just FYI & no longer heresay (corroborated elsewhere on SDN, too): UofC has been formally notifying their accepted and waitlisted students that there will be a re-allocation to Anschutz as they transition a large number of their key teaching sites to the RVUCOM med school/med students. In addition, UofC is working very closely with RVUCOM, including cross faculty participation and medical teaching resources (cadavers, etc.); it's going to be a great relationship.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks for the update!
Ciao!

You all are gettin' setup! I'd love to have those Denver rotations - and that supreme med school facility! :thumbup:

Let's see what happens with those new residencies that are in the works!
I might get over that way yet (in a few/four years)... :D:thumbup:

You all are gettin' setup! I'd love to have those Denver rotations - and that supreme med school facility! :thumbup:

Let's see what happens with those new residencies that are in the works!
I might get over that way yet (in a few/four years)... :D:thumbup:

Thanks for the love gas...you should make it out in the winter to make some turns with us! You know GG and I will make time for you...:thumbup:

Thanks for the love gas...you should make it out in the winter to make some turns with us! You know GG and I will make time for you...:thumbup:

Oh yea? We can have some drinks in LoDo :)cool:) and hit the slopes sometime? That'd rule.:thumbup:

Better check with GG, I think she might be displeased with me. :(:confused:

I'm complete and submitted as of yesterday! Excited to get the process going and hope to be at RVU fall 09

NO WAY!!! I still love you! :love:

I have just been so busy finishing thins up at work that I rarely come onto SDN anymore. I have just about enough time during the day to check e-mail.

I would LOVE for you to come out and get some drinks or hit the slopes with ParamedicLiz and yours truly!

Oh yea? We can have some drinks in LoDo :)cool:) and hit the slopes sometime? That'd rule.:thumbup:

Better check with GG, I think she might be displeased with me. :(:confused:

Good Luck! :luck:

We look forward to having you as part of the group! :)

I'm complete and submitted as of yesterday! Excited to get the process going and hope to be at RVU fall 09

UofC has been formally notifying their accepted and waitlisted students that there will be a re-allocation to Anschutz as they transition a large number of their key teaching sites to the RVUCOM med school/med students.

Rabbit, you need to use your powerful critical thinking skills and ask yourself why on earth RVUCOM would need teaching sites TWO YEARS before you start clinical rotations.

I just gave up my spot at Rocky so I hope that helps out someone! Good luck next year to all of you!:)

Rabbit, you need to use your powerful critical thinking skills and ask yourself why on earth RVUCOM would need teaching sites TWO YEARS before you start clinical rotations.

Easy there Debbie Downer. I got this one.

RVUCOM and UofC have an informal relationship, that's old news. I think it's more than that and will be solidified further going forward.

Anyway, what has been confirmed is that formal communications have been distributed from University of Colorado to their students and prospective students (waitlist, too) regarding their plans to transition their med students to Anschutz along with their plans to transition those training sites to RVUCOM med students. UofC also recently received some pretty nice research grants recently, but I digress...

You don't have to believe me either, PussyCat. In fact, look up user Bioteach in the allo forum. Specifically, look for the UofC allo thread where she confirms this was communicated to those waitlisted.

At the very least, you're annoying MeowMix, with your constant badgering and generally poor interpretation of simple statements. Got anything better to do? No one is saying anything is carved in stone but I tend to believe UofC as well as what other non-interested users have to say.

I know, it's hard to accept that things are coming together for RVUCOM splendidly.

It's just how it is, don't hate so much sweet cheeks.

I applied really late to osteopathic schools. There was movement at Rocky Vista and Julie called to accept me today. I think I got Montana Girl's spot so thanks Montana Girl!

Anyway, it sounds like some of you guys have met already, and I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing the inside of the building. I think RVU-COM is going to emerge as a highly sought after medical school.

Peace.

And Meow, doesn't it just make sense? Not long ago, people were wondering how additional spots would be created in "already-full" UofC teaching hospitals; I think the UofC plans explain how it's going to happen. Again, no one is suggesting, or has suggested, that all the students from UofC will be pulled out of those spots overnight (or 2 years in advance - oh no! Why on earth?). It's going to happen gradually, as others have already mentioned. I think you need to re-evaluate your "powerful critical thinking" proficiency, MeowMix.

NO WAY!!! I still love you! :love:

I have just been so busy finishing thins up at work that I rarely come onto SDN anymore. I have just about enough time during the day to check e-mail.

I would LOVE for you to come out and get some drinks or hit the slopes with ParamedicLiz and yours truly!

:biglove:

:ninja:

You obviously know you're not missing anything at all by not frequenting SDN; there's just a whole lotta suck going on in all forums, really. :beat:

Easy there Debbie Downer. I got this one.

RVUCOM and UofC have an informal relationship, that's old news. I think it's more than that and will be solidified further going forward.

Anyway, what has been confirmed is that formal communications have been distributed from University of Colorado to their students and prospective students (waitlist, too) regarding their plans to transition their med students to Anschutz along with their plans to transition those training sites to RVUCOM med students. UofC also recently received some pretty nice research grants recently, but I digress...

You don't have to believe me either, PussyCat. In fact, look up user Bioteach in the allo forum. Specifically, look for the UofC allo thread where she confirms this was communicated to those waitlisted.

At the very least, you're annoying MeowMix, with your constant badgering and generally poor interpretation of simple statements. Got anything better to do? No one is saying anything is carved in stone but I tend to believe UofC as well as what other non-interested users have to say.

I know, it's hard to accept that things are coming together for RVUCOM splendidly.

It's just how it is, don't hate so much sweet cheeks.

Oh...snap

I applied really late to osteopathic schools. There was movement at Rocky Vista and Julie called to accept me today. I think I got Montana Girl's spot so thanks Montana Girl!

Anyway, it sounds like some of you guys have met already, and I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing the inside of the building. I think RVU-COM is going to emerge as a highly sought after medical school.

Peace.

Congratulations cooler...can't wait to meet you!!!!!:thumbup:

Peace.

Congratulations cooler! You persevered! Looking forward to meeting you as well, it is going to be a truly remarkable year(s)!:soexcited:

I also got a call yesterday from Julie that I'm off the waitlist. See you guys in a couple of months.

thanks guys. enjoy the rest of the summer!

I also got a call yesterday from Julie that I'm off the waitlist. See you guys in a couple of months.

Awesome gladiator...welcome to the group! Can't wait to meet up with you in the coming months.:thumbup:

Any stats out there on RVU's wait/alternate list?

From what I've heard...the list isn't 'ranked.' Which brings up the obvious question of how does it...well...work? Are people pulled alphabetically...by location...interview date...GPA and/or MCAT scores...?

Simply yet another post from an anxiety-laden wait-lister who's startin to panic...:oops:

Any info out there?

Any stats out there on RVU's wait/alternate list?

From what I've heard...the list isn't 'ranked.' Which brings up the obvious question of how does it...well...work? Are people pulled alphabetically...by location...interview date...GPA and/or MCAT scores...?

Simply yet another post from an anxiety-laden wait-lister who's startin to panic...:oops:

Any info out there?

I don't know how RVU has ranked their list, or what determines getting pulled off.
I would ask the obvious question to you....have you contacted a representative at RVU and asked your questions directly? I would think that you would get more accurate information from them, as opposed to posting on a forum where inaccurate information seems to run rampant. Just my 2cents.:thumbup:
Hang in there Olywa!