RVU-Montana (MCOM) vs KansasCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonshotdoc

Reaction score
RVU-Montana (Billings, MT)
Pros
  • Experienced leadership
  • Other established RVU (Colorado and Utah) locations have good student outcomes
  • Fully accredited
  • Outdoors

Cons
  • No federal student aid
  • I'd be the inaugural class at this location
  • Further from home
  • Cold winters

KansasCOM (Wichita, KS)
Pros
  • More established location (I'd be the third graduating class... hopefully some kinks are hammered out)
  • More urban, lower costs
  • Federal Student Aid
  • Closer to home

Cons
  • No reported student outcome data
  • Pre-accredited until they graduate their first class (2026)
  • Worst city in US for allergies

Summary: Both programs are P/F/Honors and I'm not sure what I want to specialize in yet. MCOM lectures are all pre-recorded and asynchronous which can be a pro and con. KansasCOM is cheaper and already has two classes under their belt.

Members don't see this ad.

for MCOm, you sure you'd be the inaugural? i was accepted there last year (i went elsewhere) so i'm a little confused there unless there is some other campus in Billings under RVU opening up. you should be part of the 2nd cohort to start

regardless: i think both being new DO schools would yield the same outcome. if only one of them is eligible for federal aid, go to that one. if both do that, then i guess go with the one closest to you.

For what it's worth, Touro has a new campus in Montana too so there is this question about rotation spots there.