RVUCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am having trouble getting to the campus.

Can anyone give any tips?

I looked online, and airlines are only going to the main DEN, or Denver Airport, but campus is about 28 miles from airport, and unfortunately, I cannot get a car rental.

Any tips on how to get to university from airport? I am willing to book hotel, but none of the hotel that the school has provided provides free shuttle from airport to hotel, even if you stay there, or am i mistaken?

I called tons, and hotels only shuttle 5 miles radius. Any tips?

Book with the Red Lion Inn, but make sure you use the POC in the Rocky Vista Portal. I forget the ladies name but if you just call the Hotel they wont know what you are talking about with the shuttle service but the contact in the Portal will.

Any tips for interview?

Id look back through this thread because different people give great insight.

Overall trends seem to be:
1.) Relax, they make it so easy and comfortable.
2.) Be prepared to be asked about your personal statement, secondary essays, and comment on what you are currently doing in life
3.) Possible questions about current health care.
4.) Questions about how you will handle med school, why you want to be at RVUCOM, and others long these lines.

Thats a way over generalized list but hope it helps.

Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys got an interview on the 10th of march...any tips? also, what is the deal with their accreditation? ive heard some concerning things and their website doesnt really say anything definitive. thanks!

hey guys got an interview on the 10th of march...any tips? also, what is the deal with their accreditation? ive heard some concerning things and their website doesnt really say anything definitive. thanks!

All new schools receive provisioal accreditation until they graduate their first class. RVUCOM has the same accreditation as PNWU and LMU-Debusk. Just prior to my fellow classmates graduating, we will have gotten our full accreditation.

We get visited by COCA every year for an inspection. Our last inspection was a week ago, and it went very well. I attended the exit conference where the COCA inspectors spoke about their findings, and they were impressed. So, no worries.

Hope you make it. I love attending classes here.

Has Anyone who interviewed on Feb 14th heard back yet? I was under the impression Katy was going to let students know on Feb 23rd--which was yesterday. If I haven't heard that may mean rejection--just wanted to see if others had heard back yet.

Thanks!

Gave up my interview spot to attend either ATSU-SOMA or TUCOM-NV...best of luck to those that got an interview!

Anyone else here interviewing on Friday?

Or possibly anyone live near the area that wouldn't mind touring me around after my interview?

anyone whos interviewing next thursday want to split a hotel? ill be getting in wednesday afternoon and leaving friday morning. let me know with a PM and well figure somethin out

Got rejected from this school off the bat. No reason at all--even after I contacted them. 27Q, 3.78cGPA, 3.6sci, non-trad, instate, etc. LAME sauce.

Got rejected from this school off the bat. No reason at all--even after I contacted them. 27Q, 3.78cGPA, 3.6sci, non-trad, instate, etc. LAME sauce.

Hi "Med in the Head" I got rejected by a bunch of DO schools. Then towards the latter half, i got accepted by DO schools and a Lcme MD school. After a long debate, i chose to attend the Md school. Just pray, work at your "weaknesses" (jack up Mcat, references, and/& Gpa), and you'll do fine.

Pharm.D. Intern

wow, that's very strange since your numbers are well above their average