Ryan Can u handle the truth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
instead of white, the pages should be charcoal black. Ouch, the keyboard's getting flaming hot from this smoking string.

Members don't see this ad.

11 pages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah!!! Onward to 100!

I believe a wise man once said,

"stupid is as stupid does"

-Forest Gump

Members don't see this ad :)
Dangit!!!! 11 pages?!
You guys are going to use up all of the servers memory!!!!! Well i might as contribute. What where your toughest class in undergrad, and in med school (for med students course!)

mine in undergard was and is physics

Toughest course for me in udergrad was definitly calculus.

Toughest medical school course so far, for me isn't so much a course but more a part of a course...head and neck anatomy (neck wasn't so bad...head was the worst!)

PhysicsII(fields, waves &optics). Really cool stuff, but really hard math. Oh well, it makes ya tough!

That's right folks, it's back for more. Just won't die. Not gonna ever rest........

What was the original topic of this thread anyway? How premeds become cocky after learning of their acceptance to medical school? I know we moved on to sexiest cartoon
character at one point, a few jokes here and there, a few insults, a few jabs, so where does that leave this thread now?

it leads up to the original post,

Can RYan handle the truth?

------------------
Khan

NOOOOOOO!! Just when you think it's over, they pull you back in!

OK, Roadrunner vs. Speedy Gonzales, who wins in a 100 yard dash? Discuss.

Tarnations! Neither. Yosemite Sam shoots them both before anyone gets to the finish line
smile.gif

Peace and Happiness

mj

Speed racer beats them both by 20 ft. with racer X close behind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Roadrunner has longer legs, but Speedy Gonzales has the quick acceleration. I guess I would need to ask a Physics professor, cuz I got this question wrong on the MCATs.

------------------
Josh Hazelton
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
"D.O. Wannabe"

hey all,

so what is it? boxers or briefs or .....? heheh

is there no shame?, you say...
c'est la vie

Miitary folklore:

How to get five days wear out of one pair of underwear.

Day 1

Wear them

Day 2
wear them backwards

Day 3

turn them inside out

Day 4

turn them inside out and backward

Day 5

trade them with your buddy

I guess this would be more comfortable with boxers.

OH NO!! Not this thread again!!!

DocGibby,....Leave Speed Racer out of this!! The original contest of speed posed by UHS03
was between SG and TRR only and this topic, as yet, hasn't been thouroughly discussed! You can't change the contestants mid-race! Nor can you mix Warners Brothers characters with Hanna-Barberra (sp?) characters!! It just aint right!!

Being from the southwest, I can tell you that there is NO WAY that Speedy G could take the Road Runner in the 100! Speedy might be a little quicker in the 40 but for sure not the 100!

Is there anyone out there who has been accepted and is coming to UHS in the fall?

bDOc03

I gotta disagree! Speedy would take the roadrunner out! The roadrunner is dumb as a rock, and he will stop in the middle of the road for a pile of biedseed. Speedy on the other hand is always outsmarting the cats so he can get the cheese for his other mouse friends. The coyote is no rocket scientist and he is always getting the roadrunner to stop running (it's his own stupidity that launches him off the cliff all the time!) I think speedy would outsmart roadrunner and take the race! BTW, I too am from the southwest..but the coyotes always seem to make a meal out of the roadrunners back home
biggrin.gif
Speedy takes the gold!

Well I'm from the south(west?), live in the country and just yesterday witnessed TRR eating SG for breakfast. Today, TRR was sitting on top of our barn showing off the lizard he had just caught for a mid morning snack. Many more meals like he's been having lately and we'll have to put him in a race with the tortoise!

As far as the TRR/SG race goes, here it's over because SG is no longer with us, unless... it was his "slow" cousin from the country....

Eric J
UHS04

confused.gif

Flipper,

What happened to speedy? What do you mean "he is no longer with us"??!

bDOc03

this post will never die.... just like Cancer Man from the X-files...

In an effort to keep this post on top for the next 30 years, I will be typing in the whole text of Moore's 'Clinically Oriented Anatomy'

Left Atrium. This heart chamber forms most of tht base of the heart (Fig. 1.48). The valveless pairs of right and left pulmonary veins enter the smooth-walled atrium. The tubular muscular left auricle forms the superior part of the left border of the heart (Fig. 1.45D) and overlaps the root of the pulmonary trunk.

Hey! I got the same book.....my turn! my turn!

Hmmmm.....

(pg. 552)
"Gluteus Medius and Gluteus Minimus" lol
smile.gif

"These smaller gluteal muscles are fan-shaped, and their fibers pass in the same direction (Figs. 5.22, B and C, and 5.23, Table 5.5). They have the same actions and nerve supply and are supplied by the same blood vessel----the superior gluteal artery."

boy....there's nothing like a good "ass fact" to keep the crowd happy!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Only fool fight man with Brisk?!"
-Bruce Lee

I believe a wise man once said,

--Bruce Lee
biggrin.gif

I love that commerical!

heres my new favorite line :

"It is MY duty, to please that booty"
-- Shaft

Yo Mig,

Are you planning on seeing the flick when it comes out? I know I am. The return of Shaft has been a long time and coming. hehe

------------------
-Bruce Lee

Page 12! Only 88 more to go! (yea right)
biggrin.gif

------------------
-Bruce Lee

did this post die?!?!?!? Come on people! Don't make me have to read off another passage for "Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy"!
eek.gif

------------------
-Bruce Lee

OMYGAWD!!

i need some SERIOUS advice here, im really STRESSED OUT about my chances in medicine!! i have a triple major in Biochemistry/PoliSci/Music with a 3.97. i also more student government positions than you can fit in the classified section, im also president of my local red cross chapter, i have 8 years of voluteer experience in an ambulatory setting, i've done research on the counteregulatory effects of the corpus callosum and frontal lobe in determining pattern personality development in young orphaned hungarian kids, am nominated to win the Nobel prize, every adult member of my extended family is a doctor, and im the Diamond club at Amway,... so i just took the MCAT and i dont think i scored above a 40 this time, i am like so worried, what do you think my chances are????

dont you just hate these people! this is my alltime SD pet peeve... this is a parody, do not strike your computer.

WHOA! Good thing you told us that was a "parody"...I was about to open a can of something rather unpleasant(sp?)!
biggrin.gif

------------------
-Bruce Lee

adismo: a 3.97 isnt going to cut it. i BARELY got in with a 4.23! <40 is not good since the "magic number" is 43. I too was nominated for a nobel prize in biochem, but ultimately lost. i was questioned about my lost too, so be prepared to tell them (adcom) why you failed, and how it made you "stronger".

oh yeah, any special ability (flying, magic, etc.) will greatly help during the interview.

best wishes!!

mig

yea....magic, flying, and being able to turn inanimate objects into gold always helps.

u 'kill' me Mig
biggrin.gif

------------------
-Bruce Lee

infinitely versatile hair, superhuman bladder control, and a great foreign accent round out the list, but i didnt think those counted.

did i mention i was three time national disco -groovin' marathon champion. bionic tolerance for polyester might come in handy in those late-night path labs. haha

HAHA! I didn't realize how funny this post was! =) ...love the parody! Don't you just love those people that cry and whine because they are soooo confused - don't know if they should go to Johns Hopkins, mayo clinic, or harvard?????

Today's Physician
(Prep time 7 years)

18 oz Ego
2 lbs Baloney
2 lbs Pure Bull

1 Medical Dictionary
1 oz Experience
100 lbs Coffee grounds
2 kegs Beer
1 lrg Onion
1/2 oz Common Sense (optional)
500 tablets of Asprin

Gently stroke ego until inflated beyond recognition. Add beer, common sense, and 1/4 of the coffee grounds. Mix well.

In separate bowl, combine baloney, bull, and onions until the mixture is unbelieveable and the admissions committee begins to cry.

Combine with ego mixture and let stand for 6-9 months.

Add medical dictionary, experience, and remaining coffee grounds. Torture mixture under intense heat and pressure for about 7 years taking care to remove any social life that may form during cooking.

Physician is done when it is cold, and ego has swollen to epic proportions.

Serve with a liberal portion of debt, and an expensive German automobile.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

As a tasty alternative, try a surgeon. Just stroke ego continuously and replace baloney with straight bull$#!+. Increase cooking time to 9 years.

DO NOT USE COMMON SENSE IN SURGEONS!!!

WARNING: Keep asprin handy because in excessive doses physicians can cause minor headaches and pains in the wallet, neck, and @$$.

*Claps hands together in light of Sheon's remarks*

Very nice indeed! I'll be adding that to my archives if ya don't mind me doing so.
biggrin.gif

------------------
-Bruce Lee

The recipe is complete as far as doctors go, but keep in mind that the recipe for your average pre-medical students could substitute either the bull or baloney with about 4 metric tons of dry, unseasoned anal retention.
This is easily grown in most research laboratories, but can be harvested naturally from science libraries of major universities.
Allow anal retention to simmer in broth of inflated ego, but keep free of criticism as this tends to react with the mixture and cause the ego to explode in your face. Proper procedures result in a fluffy batter containing hot air. Season generously with compliments.

(still not as good as Sheon's, but what the hey... sometimes the ego mixture may become radioactive. when this is detected, immediately throw in some beer and a couple of rap CD's; the end result will be a superpower such as wall climbing, flying, or very cool hair. make sure its beer and rap, as mixtures of lemonade and britneyspears CD's have in the past turned out clones of the CareBears. for some off the wall fun, try lemonade and rap, or britneyspears and beer... oops, i did it again. hehehe jk. keep fire extinguisher handy at all times)

[This message has been edited by adismo (edited 06-07-2000).]

4 metric tons???? Care bears????

You are killing me.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Doctor TRuth:
I have observed in the past month, that tones have changed from humble, interested to obnoxious and cockey and back to humble.
THings that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm

Some things never change do they
smile.gif

Howdy,

mj, thanks for the revival, this is one of the great threads of SDN.

------------------
BSD
______
Work under the assumption that you will be happy one day

Nice work mj!
biggrin.gif

This post brings back some memories. I remember the first time I read it when I first found SDN. That "Robichicken" line almost caused some bladder incontinence, if you know what I mean!

Way to revive the infinity thread, I love it.

If only Miglo, Dr. Truth, PB, and the rest of the gang were here to see it!

PS. Lucky page number 13 is on the way!

MAAAAANN!!

The nostalgia up in here.... waay back to the summer of zero zero.

So, what WAS the best movie of the summer? And if so, could it compete with Charlie's Angels? Furthermore, which Angel was best?

(here are my answers to the questions, respectively: Gladiator, No way, Drew Barrymore)

thanks for bringing this back.

Gladiator could be it although I never got to watch it yet. I just remember the kids from the high school lacrosse team I was coaching cheer ,"1, 2, 3, Gladiator!" on game day during one of our time-outs. Talk about something to rally the troops.. they were really fired up!

Howdy,

Gladiator is the first movie that I sat through three times in one summer and loved it more each time, and I don't normally see three movies in an entire years.

------------------
BSD
______
Work under the assumption that you will be happy one day

But who's Ryan in the first place?? And CAN he or CAN'T he handle the truth?

c'mon people, 300 is not that far away

While the special talents mentioned above are definite assets in being accepted, interviewers are far more likely to be impressed by a socially useful skill such as breakdancing. I also remember wanting to kick myself on interview day for not having concrete proof the I had beaten The Legend Of Zelda.

must i carry this on my own??

Zelda is ok, but today's premeds need to be in tune with the times; i recommend a proficient knowledge of the final fantasy series or any computer game having to do with conquering medieval peoples.

Would it be acceptable to show proficiency with a hackey-sack? Perhaps the perspective student could wow the committee by being able to deliver the Rock's "peoples elbow."