Ryan Can u handle the truth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
PB,

It only cheapens your grand accomplishement and also the sweat and tears shed by all those who also contributed when you cheat as you are by submitting several replies at one letter each.

PB,

I beg of you, please return to the humerous yet meaningless and useless banter that has made this post what it is today.

I call on you to no longer settle for one letter posts. To instead strive for complete sentences with both a noun and a verb. Good luck and may your adjectives be descriptive as well as informative.

[This message has been edited by DocGibby (edited 01-24-2000).]

Could it be that this thread is losing steam after only 6 pages? Rise up fellow students who are bored out of their minds. Post like you've never posted before.

Here's a topic.

Who is the better comedic mind of our time, Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse? Discuss.

I say Bugs. His lighthearted and spirited performances in the sketch comedy "Looney Tunes," should have garnered him an Emmy. If not for the disdain of certain members of the academy for bunnies it would surely be his by now.

OK, Bugs vs. Mickey in an all out, steel cage, death match. Who would win? I say Bugs b/c of his devious personality, but you never know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Arise.... ARISE!!!

It's alive! ALIVE!!!! BACK FROM THE DEAD!

Please, Sir: I'd like my daily dose of truth, Sir...

From the deep mists of Tibet, the truth has arrived. Asky thy questions.......

------------------
Khan

This discussion has gone on long enough. Sorry, but I must interject reason at this point...

Bugs is in a whole different league than Mickey. Mickey has rested on his Disneyland @$$ for far too long to compete with the great Bugs Bunny.

Bugs has shown a proficiency for the deadly Chu Tmen Ow Technique (Pronounced Shoot ME Now) and has devostated almost every comer.

Mickey showed a little magic about 20 years ago, and devostated the meek and feeble Donald Duck and POW instant celebrity. He has never been tested. He wouldn't survive the first chase scene.

Mickey's promoter gets five stars though. I had to wait in line for 45 minutes to get Mickey's autograph.

Bugs had to walk around and do the meet and greet.

My take Bugs in 1. The moves, the stamina, the intelligence. This one is a blowout. In fact, I'd give 30 to 1 odds.

The true competition would be Goofy vs. Daffy. Now that would be good. Lots of stamina and stupidity. Any thoughts?

Sheon, have you learned nothing from the previous posts. Dont make me teach you the truth the way it was taught to miglo.
Let not my slumber be waisted on mere questions regards animated cartoons, although their importance is deeply respected.
You have been warned....

------------------
Khan

Instead of studying, I write meaningless words. After reading three pages of this thread, I began to feel a searing pain in my neck. I skipped to the sixth page to see where all this banter ended up and I am saddened. Where did all the animated conversation go? As you can infer, I have none to contribute.

Okay, okay. I have to jump in here. Mickey is a very, very close friend of mine. I work at Disney, in Entertainment, (rather close to Mickey, couldn't get any closer really), and Mickey would easily win out. Plus, check out all of his friends- Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Winnie, Tigger, Eeyore, etc.. I think Bugs would be scared to even touch him.

Mickey has long since lost his edge.

Power Rankings (Out of 100):

10) Aladin, Jasmine, the Genie, the Monkey and the Bird (85.5)

The Genie is too much of a wimp, but Aladin is a resourceful dude.

8) Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Goofy, & Pluto (90.1)

Goofy & Donald have the Shaq & Kobe thing going. Mickey's showboating brings the team down.

8) The Sailor Scouts (90.1)

They cry alot, but they manage to overcome anyway.

7) The Pokemon Team (92.8)

They are still riding the popularity wave.

6) Batman, Robin, Batgirl, and Nightwing (95.0)

They outsmart most of the competition.

5) The X-men (96.2)

The numbers overwhelm, plus Wolverine is just fierce.

4) Superman (97.1)

Hey he's Superman!!!

3) The Dragon Warriors (98.7) [Dragonball Z]

Goku is the MVP of the cartoon world, AND he comes back to life more than anyone!!!

2) The Animanics (99.7)

Hey, they are undefeated!!! Besides, who is gonna' hit Dot?

1) Bugs & Daffy (100.0)

They've got the irresistable force (Bugs) and the imoveable object (Daffy) on the same team. How do you stop that?

Bugs is the star at eight theme parks, is syndicated (without cable) across the country and the world, he's got a studio store in almost every mall, a postage stamp, and he received top billing over MICHAEL JORDAN!!!

Really, can Mickey touch that?

Sheeesssh!! *bang* argonx blasts Mickey mouse to kingdom come!! His brains are everywhere! *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang*
Argonx riddles bugs bunny with 9mm bullets.

Okay people the bottom line? From this experiment it took 4 times as many bullets to kill the stupid rabbit there it has been settled next please?

what about ren and Stimpy vs. icthy and scratchy in tag team insanity? i vote I+S.

Oh no, not the dreaded Kyle and Cartman combo. Without Kenny they get smoked (hey somebody's got to draw the fire).

Itchy and Scrathy ROCK!!! Look out Bugs and Daffy their comin' for ya'.

But, Ren and Stimy that two-bit, low life, set of second rate, good for nothing, Gibroni's wouldn't last two seconds with this group.

Gee, this is gettin' fun.

[This message has been edited by Sheon (edited 02-04-2000).]

Oh, yes... but you forget the episode where Cartman gets an alien probe, and thus acquires the power to shoot long and large blasts of flame out his rear.... Super-Flamethrower....

I curse this string to a painful death, one that is even more excruciating than the anquish I felt reading such "hot" and "sizzling" topics, such as this debate over these very annoying fictional cartoon characters. I challenge someone to say something even remotely amusing. If this is all you gnomes in your dank, underworld caverns can come up with, I dare say, let your fingers no more come to rest on the keyboard of "thruth" I will sit back now and await some entertainment.

This is getting ridiculous. I think you guys should end this thread once and for all.
smile.gif

How could I resist being a part of history?

Tim of New York City.

Uh.....

10 PAGES !!! WHOO-HOO!!!

(was that funny enough for you?)

------------------
-PB (Western Univ./COMP '04)

Hey I got one. Who taught you how to spell, !@#$%^&*? "Thruth?" By the way how did this thing jump 4 pages over night?

Alright, here's a more serious question. Who do we want for our next President?

John McCain is my pick. He's the one guy out there who can bring some respect back to the office. He speaks the truth and he's honest (at least it appears that way). He's not affraid of not being PC all the time, just to get votes. He doesn't take crap from anyone. Most of all, he's a real American and a team player. How many of you would take the choice of rotting in a P.O.W. camp in Vietnam over freedom? I'm proud to say that he choose to stand with his fellow soldiers in defiance and suffer brutal captivity over the opportunity for freedom based upon his father's military standing. That's someone I can respect as my President, that shows character. Actions define a person.

I can't wait to see the look on Bush's face when McCain derails Bush's political gravy train. As a Republican, I'm not going to even consider the "others." Personally, I find it insulting when the establishment thinks they can take someone like Bush and just force him down our throats. He's got typical politician written all over him. If you ask me, any canidate with the financial backing of Bush must have been bought and sold 12 times over. All aboard the straight talk express, McCain for President.

Okay, let's get some dialog going on this one. I especially expect to hear from all of you cry-babies out there (you know who you are) who call for the death of this string due to it's lack of serious issues. Afterall, whoever gets in is gonna be there when us 2004ers graduate from med school and there's gonna be some legislation in the next 4 years which will have significant impacts on the entire medical industry.

So I call on everyone here to weigh in on this topic. Who's your pick, and why?

Who is the sexiest cartoon character ever? I would totally bang Jessica Rabbit if I was a cartoon. She does not wear any underwear in that movie, by the way. Judy Jetson revs my motor pretty good too.

DocGibby,

This is my first time posting on this string...I just wanted to say that I agree with you 100%. McCain is the way to go. I respect and admire him for his time served in war and his commitment to our country. I am impressed with the stances he takes on issues, especially health care. He realizes that there are so many uninsured who dont have to be that way, and if elected he would change that. I believe that every child in America should have appropriate health care coverage, and he's the one thats going to make that happen, be it by educating parents about Medicaid coverage or by instating new programs. Go McCain!

I agree that Bush is too much of a politician. I can't see that he has the spine to stand up for what he believes in.

To tell the truth though, I don't really know much about any of the other candidates. I haven't seen any debates as yet.

P.S. One word, POCAHONTAS!!!

I believe when you write sarcastic things on the internet, yooiu must intentionallee spwell thingds for dramamtic effectt.

P.B...... I think that you can do better than that. Write something amusing, say reminiscint of say, page 3 or 4. Geez, I don't have me dictionaruy on hand. there goes some more spelling faux pas

P.B...... I think that you can do better than that. Write something amusing, say reminiscint of say, page 3 or 4. Geez, I don't have me dictionaruy on hand. there goes some more spelling faux pas! :>

Oh, Last but not in the very least. What's a good cure for constipation? Seriously, folks. I'm in a jam.

Sure !@#$%^&*, you meant to do that
smile.gif

Anyway, I would think plenty of fiber and water would do the trick. Then again I haven't even started school yet.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

PB, you're killing me!

If you are still constipated !@#@#%^, if that is your real name, then just smoke a cigarette and drink some coffee. Activate those ACh receptors in the ol'gut and take a big dump. I find that I lose a little regularity during test weeks. Oh well.
Getting back to sexy cartoon chicks, how about Daphney from Scooby Doo? That's what I'm talkin about, yo! I just wonder if she hooks it up with Scoopy on a regular basis. Ya know, back in the ol' Mystery Machine. SCOOBY DOOBY DOO!

Cough.... Cough.... Medic!!!!!
(the once mighty string gasps it's last agonizing yet heroic breaths as it departs this world for that great string archive in the sky)

(Taps begins to play)
I'm getting misty over here.

NEVER FEAR! PAUL'S BOUTIQUE IS HERE!

CALL TO 'TRUTH'! WE NEED YOUR WISDOM! A QUOTE OF THE DAY, PERHAPS!

Swallow your ego, that should get the bowels moving. MIGLO! You came back for a cameo? We missed you and all we get is LOL? You were the life of the board (along with PB of course) and now you won't respond?
A thought for fun:
Everyone post your favorite philosopher's best quote (in your opinions).

"Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a --it is different from the other 49 states. Well, all states are different, but it's got a particularly
unique situation."
-Dan Quayle, US VP

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
-Dan Quayle

"We are ready for an unforseen event that may or may not occur."
-Dan Quayle

"Potatoe"
-Dan Quayle

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
-Dan Quayle

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."
-Dan Quayle

"The loss of life will be irreplaceable."
-Dan Quayle

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
-Dan Quayle

"It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago..."
-Dan Quayle

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
-Dan Quayle

[This message has been edited by Paul's Boutique (edited 02-23-2000).]

A ha! Yes, it is hard to achieve the level of wisdom of Dan Quayle!

Originally posted by Paul's Boutique:
A ha! Yes, it is hard to achieve the level of wisdom of Dan Quayle!

BURN, BABY, BURN!!!

If >10 replies gets you a burning folder, then -this- one should have a nuclear blast!