Sackler Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moran

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my Sackler interview on Tuesday and I wanted to know if anyone has any words of wisdom or some advice, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just be yourself, I hear it is usually a pretty laid back interview.

Let us know how it goes...

I just had the interview... and for anyone who has one coming up you dont have to worry. The interview was very relaxed and the interviewer was very easy going. He asked me generally to tell him about myself, my medical experience and why I want to move to Israel and in particular go to sackler.
Good luck to everyone and I guess now its waiting time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had the interview... and for anyone who has one coming up you dont have to worry. The interview was very relaxed and the interviewer was very easy going. He asked me generally to tell him about myself, my medical experience and why I want to move to Israel and in particular go to sackler.
Good luck to everyone and I guess now its waiting time.

My interview experience sounds similar to yours. Very Low key. I even felt a bit overdressed.:cool:

Anyone know how long the post interview wait is roughly? Are notifications generally in the electronic form or more tangeable form?

i got my acceptance letter about 2 weeks after i interviewed.

My interview experience sounds similar to yours. Very Low key. I even felt a bit overdressed.:cool:

Anyone know how long the post interview wait is roughly? Are notifications generally in the electronic form or more tangeable form?

When did you interview last year? I heard that they wont send notifications out until March.

When did you interview last year? I heard that they wont send notifications out until March.

I think i interviewed around first week of march.

Hi All,

I'm applying to Sackler because actually yesterday I looked at the website and realized I can start in 2008! This has been quite a journey - I graduated in '06 with an International Affairs degree, and having not taken any science classes went to CUNY Queens to get those science credits... so that's been my postbac life. I can't wait to start med school and I hope I am not making a rash decision applying to become an IMG without trying US schools first. By no means can I aim for Johns Hopkins, but still, I am pretty confident I could get in to schools in the US.

I haven't taken the MCAT yet, so I'm wondering whether Sackler will even look at the application without the MCAT score? I have heard some people have gotten interviews without their scores reported, is that true?

Any word of advice is much appreciated!

Hi All,

I'm applying to Sackler because actually yesterday I looked at the website and realized I can start in 2008! This has been quite a journey - I graduated in '06 with an International Affairs degree, and having not taken any science classes went to CUNY Queens to get those science credits... so that's been my postbac life. I can't wait to start med school and I hope I am not making a rash decision applying to become an IMG without trying US schools first. By no means can I aim for Johns Hopkins, but still, I am pretty confident I could get in to schools in the US.

I haven't taken the MCAT yet, so I'm wondering whether Sackler will even look at the application without the MCAT score? I have heard some people have gotten interviews without their scores reported, is that true?

Any word of advice is much appreciated!

i sent my application before i got my MCAT scores. and I know that it was put on hold until my MCAT scores were actaually in...

Is the application really as simple as they have it on their website?

Also, does anyone know if it would be realistic to go to Sackler and also enroll in some Arabic classes to keep up with the language?

theres a hebrew class they offer for the students once a week...some people get tutors...but thats for hebrew...i dont know of anyone learning arabic...not sure that will help you here....russian is the other language that will help you out a lot

I had my interview Feb. 15.
It was about 25-30 minutes and a very relaxed environment.