Africa and Middle East Sackler/Technion/BGU.........................

Started by clement
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clement

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so I see that people who applied way after me are already getting interviews (at least in ValueMD)....I applied back in early January...Does this mean rejection? We're at the end of March already...Or are they waiting to see what else they get before rejecting me? This is strange...
 
clement said:
Ok, so I see that people who applied way after me are already getting interviews (at least in ValueMD)....I applied back in early January...Does this mean rejection? We're at the end of March already...Or are they waiting to see what else they get before rejecting me? This is strange...

just based on experience I'd say, yes probably they are waiting to see the other applicant's.... This is not to discourge you of course.
what I'd do is to bug them a little, b/c sometimes they need a little push.
 
how do i "bug them" without getting my application trashed?? j/k, but i do want to know what people mean when they say that, because i know everyone and their mothers are calling right now to get the status of their application...Is that what you mean?
Also, would you mind elaborating on "based on experience?" I mean, I assume that having applied in January, if they've already seen my application and didn't like it, they would have sent me a rejection by now...So why are they granting interviews to folks who applied months after me and not sending my freakin rejection? This is torture!


haribo said:
just based on experience I'd say, yes probably they are waiting to see the other applicant's.... This is not to discourge you of course.
what I'd do is to bug them a little, b/c sometimes they need a little push.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
clement said:
So why are they granting interviews to folks who applied months after me and not sending my freakin rejection? This is torture!

Unfortunately, they just work on a different calendar, so the decisions are later. Unlike American schools, Sackler continues to accept applications until June 15th, and for many reasons, a lot of strong applicants apply later in the cycle. I interviewed last summer on the Thursday before July 4th weekend. I asked the interviewer if I was being considered for a waitlist spot, and she said "No, we never interview a student unless we have a spot for them."

Definitely do not be too timid to call the New York office and politely but assertively inquire about the status of your application.
 
punchberry said:
Unfortunately, they just work on a different calendar, so the decisions are later. Unlike American schools, Sackler continues to accept applications until June 15th, and for many reasons, a lot of strong applicants apply later in the cycle. I interviewed last summer on the Thursday before July 4th weekend. I asked the interviewer if I was being considered for a waitlist spot, and she said "No, we never interview a student unless we have a spot for them."

Definitely do not be too timid to call the New York office and politely but assertively inquire about the status of your application.

i've tried that...they just give me a generic "we're still reviewing applicationS" answer. i don't know, when i see people getting interviewed/accepted, interviewed/rejected, or just plain rejected/no interview (people who applied way after me), i wonder, what the heck is going on in terms of why they haven't contacted me? My app was complete in early January...Are they putting my app on the side for some reason? i should bite my tongue. who knows what's in the mail today, but still...this is strange. my only logical theory is that they're not sure about me and they want to see what else they get in terms of applicants and acceptances of offers of admission before deciding. but they could at least interview me, damn it!
 
clement said:
i've tried that...they just give me a generic "we're still reviewing applicationS" answer. i don't know, when i see people getting interviewed/accepted, interviewed/rejected, or just plain rejected/no interview (people who applied way after me), i wonder, what the heck is going on in terms of why they haven't contacted me? My app was complete in early January...Are they putting my app on the side for some reason? i should bite my tongue. who knows what's in the mail today, but still...this is strange. my only logical theory is that they're not sure about me and they want to see what else they get in terms of applicants and acceptances of offers of admission before deciding. but they could at least interview me, damn it!

Hey Clement
Well I don't know much about BGU, but Technion and Sackler got back to me after a month or two. But I had my interview about a month ago with Technion and I had called them a week or two after the interview and they told me that I got accepted. same thing happened with another student as well.
So one thing that I suggest you to do is to call the office in Israel not the ones in NY b/c NY office doesn't know much about decisions and stuff. B/c I had an experience with Sackler, where i called them and i was told that they were reviewing my applications and on the same day I recieved a rejection letter. Sackler NY office is a bit annoying and unorgonized, so it'd be better for you to contact israel and get first hand news.
good luck
If you have any question, contact me at [email protected]