Sackler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the skinny on Sackler? Anyone applying there this year? When are the deadlines? How bout religiosity? I am considered jewish but only genetically (mothers side is jewish but they are Christian jews).

Members don't see this ad.

Cerberus said:
Whats the skinny on Sackler? Anyone applying there this year? When are the deadlines? How bout religiosity? I am considered jewish but only genetically (mothers side is jewish but they are Christian jews).

Do a search for sackler...or just go to older threads on the next pages, there is a big one the answers all these general questions.

Cerberus said:

If you are a decent person it doesnt matter if your Moslem,christian jewish or hindu everyone who has decent scores will be accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone hear from sackler? when do they get back to applicants? I know they interview starting february but does anyone have an interview date?

My application was complete in the beginning of October, but I have yet to hear back from them. My understanding is that it doesn't matter what religion you are. I'd imagine that you'd have an advantage as a jew though because you may have picked up some hebrew on the way and that will help with the patient contact.

Sackler grad. I see tired-eyed med students in the ED doing consults/admissions and I smile to myself. Did almost no call in 3rd year, and no scut!

Sackler usually has about 10% of each class that is not Jewish but no one cares much either way. It's like being in any Long Island suburb.

Interviews happen late. Call Marsha Warner if you think it's about time for your interview, and don't be afraid to ask for a local Sackler grad if you live outside NYC. That's how I got my interview.