Salaries of Carribean MDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiguelAC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if there is a difference between the US MD, DO, and Carribean MD's salary for a physician practicing in the USA.

If so, do you have any articles? or a website for referrence?
Sorry if this has been addressed but I am new and havent seen this talked about anywere..
Thanks!

Note: I am not interested in repsonses about my motives, or anything of that sort.

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, it hasn't been talked about anywhere probably because it makes no difference. The bigger factors have to do more with location, practice type (staff, locum tenens, private practice, etc.), specialty, etc. Physician codes for billing is the same whether you're a MD (USMG or IMG) or DO.

When you apply for a job as a Dr they are not going look at where you went to medschool very strongly, they will focus on where you did your residency. Besides if you are a FP it will not matter, but it may if you are going for a competitive specialty.... currently there is a shortage of doctors all over, yes even in big cities. There was a publication released recently, can't remember but they estimate that the US will have a shortage of over 20,000 doctors by 2010.

Salaries fluctuate based on location and specialty...

R