You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
salary differential w/ residency training
Started by rl123
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted205891
Residency is expected of all newly hired pharmacists.
Board certification: supposed to be a small differential, but there's over a year backlog of processing the applications for additional salary (this is for federal).
In private hospitals, I've heard of no extra pay for BCPS.
Board certification: supposed to be a small differential, but there's over a year backlog of processing the applications for additional salary (this is for federal).
In private hospitals, I've heard of no extra pay for BCPS.
Private hospital here (non-profit system):
1) residency expected of all new hires unless you're 5-7+ year experienced in a deep clinical setting (not just staffing duties).
2) BCPS fees are paid for and the extra pay amounts to ~$1500/yr
1) residency expected of all new hires unless you're 5-7+ year experienced in a deep clinical setting (not just staffing duties).
2) BCPS fees are paid for and the extra pay amounts to ~$1500/yr
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BCPS - nothing - we get the exam and live CE's reimbursed
Residency - nothing specific, you get a year credit in the experience ladder - basically it comes down to how much you negiate
Residency - nothing specific, you get a year credit in the experience ladder - basically it comes down to how much you negiate
Private hospital here (non-profit system):
1) residency expected of all new hires unless you're 5-7+ year experienced in a deep clinical setting (not just staffing duties).
2) BCPS fees are paid for and the extra pay amounts to ~$1500/yr
Did you take the BCPS then?!
Did you take the BCPS then?!
Yup.
are these positions unionized? some of the places i've rotated thru as a student treated clinical pharmacists as managers, some actually had different "tiers" of pharmacists (clinical and staff) but all were union positions
Non-union here. F*ck unions, pieces of corrupt garbage.
I don't know what my non-residency trained coworkers make. I know I make $3/hr more in my hospital job than my float retail job. I know, based on what is said on SDN, I must be a big fat liar, but it's true. And that doesn't include any call pay.
I didn't get a raise for BCPS but work paid for the exam and do pay some of the associated fees.
I didn't get a raise for BCPS but work paid for the exam and do pay some of the associated fees.
Our health system pays the same, whether residency trained or not. They do not pay for BCPS but the credential will be considered as a factor to justify pay increase at next performance review, although it is not an automatic pay increase. I am still debating whether I will get board certified in my specialty or not.
I used to work as a union hospital clinical pharmacist and my pay was also ~$3-4/hr more than my float retail job.
I used to work as a union hospital clinical pharmacist and my pay was also ~$3-4/hr more than my float retail job.
I don't know what my non-residency trained coworkers make. I know I make $3/hr more in my hospital job than my float retail job. I know, based on what is said on SDN, I must be a big fat liar, but it's true. And that doesn't include any call pay.
I didn't get a raise for BCPS but work paid for the exam and do pay some of the associated fees.
If you're a big fat liar for +$3 above retail, I must be a straight up politician at +$8 above retail (without differential).
I know of hospital systems with 5-10% raises for BcPS, or others with a one time bonus.
My pgy2 gave me a 10+% raise in initial pay over new grads at my community not for profit hospital.[/QUOTE
Hi, Do you know which hospital systems give raises to BCPS. I want to present a case so all BCPS Pharmacist can get raise @ hospital I work. I work in NY.
Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K