Sample recommendation letter.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foraminal

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone still have a copy of their recommendation letter?
the lazyass aka ******* boss needs help. I know, i should get someone else to do the letter but being out of school for decades and most of the prof passed away or too senile to remember me.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah does anyone? because my pharmacist can't write good essay =\

Members don't see this ad :)
There isn't necessarily a form for a recommendation letter. The recommender simply needs to express that you are a great candidate for pharm school and list their reasons why he or she thinks this. It shouldn't be that hard. :)

Here is a good sample letter...

Dear Selection Committee,

I am writing to recommend Mr. XXXX for your program. I know Mr. XXXXX because he worked in my lab for one summer.

Mr. XXXXX was given a project to work on. He was in the lab the amount of time required by the program that was funding him. He was diligent in his work, and he completed all assignments. I met with him regularly to detail the work that needed to be completed.

Mr. XXXX is a personable young person, and it was a pleasure to have him in the lab. In summary, I recommend Mr. XXXX for your program.

Sincerely,

xxxxxx xxxxxxxx, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

****Please note the sarcasm when I say the word good! ***********

http://www.accepted.com/medical/LettersRec.aspx

could someone please compose a sample LOR pretending to be a pharmacist writing for an applicant using those sentences from the above website. I would like my pharmacist to write along those lines, but I want to know what a typical strong pharmacist LOR would look like. I would also like to know how to make such as request as to convince the pharmacist to actually use words that I think would be beneficial to my application. For example, "hey mr.xxx, i was wondering if you could write me a recommendation, but I have here a sample of what I would like you to say in the letter", in a sort of clear and understanding way.

also, assuming you have built a solid foundation with a pharmacist, how should you email him/her a request for a LOR so that he/she could write you one. He/she already knows that I'll be applying to pharmacy school, and given their email address I would like to finish it off by requesting one. I want to approach the request for a LOR in such a way that is advantageous for me to obtain a strong LOR. I just don't want to burn that bridge because I asked, "hey mr.xxx, i am applying to pharmacy school, could you write me one?". refer to the first paragraph as well.

give your boss a list of tasks you did at work..for example if you worked at a pharmacy, list off that your processed prescriptions, filled prescriptions, answered phone calls etc.

also, give your boss a list of your positive attributes, for example you're a dedicated worker, you worked during the school year so you're very hard working...etc

that should make it easier for him to write it...at least then he can just refer to the list and add in what he wants, and maybe give him any ideas to add in his own stuff

http://www.accepted.com/medical/LettersRec.aspx

could someone please compose a sample LOR pretending to be a pharmacist writing for an applicant using those sentences from the above website. I would like my pharmacist to write along those lines, but I want to know what a typical strong pharmacist LOR would look like. I would also like to know how to make such as request as to convince the pharmacist to actually use words that I think would be beneficial to my application. For example, "hey mr.xxx, i was wondering if you could write me a recommendation, but I have here a sample of what I would like you to say in the letter", in a sort of clear and understanding way.

also, assuming you have built a solid foundation with a pharmacist, how should you email him/her a request for a LOR so that he/she could write you one. He/she already knows that I'll be applying to pharmacy school, and given their email address I would like to finish it off by requesting one. I want to approach the request for a LOR in such a way that is advantageous for me to obtain a strong LOR. I just don't want to burn that bridge because I asked, "hey mr.xxx, i am applying to pharmacy school, could you write me one?". refer to the first paragraph as well.

First of all, is your pharmacist known to be a bad letter writer? If so, why are you asking them to write one? Second, I don't think anyone here will want to compose a sample letter in their spare time; those examples you find in that link you posted are pretty much what should be incorporated.

If you want to know how to request a letter of recommendation, use your common sense. As a professional applicant, think like a professional should. Would you just go in unprepared to ask for a letter? Or would you have a prepared packet of information with deadlines, a well-written letter of request, and a reference sheet? As professional courtesy, it is considered rude to tell your writer that you want them to write a good letter; by asking them to write a letter, it is implicit that you will want them to write a good one, and they will do so to the best of their ability. If your writer asks you to provide a list of items for content, then you should do so. However, by trying to force the issue, you will be shooting yourself in the foot. Be professional; they're already pharmacists. No need to insult them by suggesting they can't write. If you've been doing a good job at the pharmacy, then rest assured they'll write a good letter. (Unless they're terrible writers in the first place, in which case you shouldn't be asking them to write it).

what does strong recommendation letter look like ? what should professor , counselor , pharmacist write in recommendation letter that look strong ?

please help

what does strong recommendation letter look like ? what should professor , counselor , pharmacist write in recommendation letter that look strong ?

please help

If you're too lazy to write an ACTUAL sentence, do you really think people are going to want to help you out?

PS - Did you even bother to look at the above posts? There is a certain trending theme in the responses...

Does anyone still have a copy of their recommendation letter?
the lazyass aka ******* boss needs help. I know, i should get someone else to do the letter but being out of school for decades and most of the prof passed away or too senile to remember me.

OP, calling an individual, who has volunteered their time to write you an LOR, names is straight disrespectful. I don't think he's lazy, he might just have a hard time assessing you as a person. And did you seriously post this? If this was reported to pharmacy schools, you would get into some deep trouble.

yeah does anyone? because my pharmacist can't write good essay =\
O03QAZ

OLhmrA

Ask a different pharmacist?...

Seriously I think the Adcoms have seen enough essays to be able to pick out the cookie cutter essays. At that point, a good cookie cutter essay may look worse than an average essay. Would you really take someones word that they recommend someone for something if in the recommendation process they are clearly just copying and pasting stuff?