This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysstaypositive

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN community,

• What are some tips you can give from your experiences to a pre-pharmacy student looking to earn a letter of recommendation from science professors?
  • What are some tips you can give from your experiences to a pharmacy technician looking to earn a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist?

I humbly thank-you for any and all responses,
Pre-pharm student

Members don't see this ad.

For professors:
  • Go to their office hours and talk to them about the class or anything else. Give them a chance to get to know you before asking them to write you a letter.
For pharmacists:
  • Work in a pharmacy.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello SDN community,

• What are some tips you can give from your experiences to a pre-pharmacy student looking to earn a letter of recommendation from science professors?
  • What are some tips you can give from your experiences to a pharmacy technician looking to earn a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist?
I humbly thank-you for any and all responses,
Pre-pharm student

In general, don't attempt to request a letter unless you are doing well in that class (B+ or better). Also I would look for extra references because more often than not, references bail out often without warning. It can get pretty lame chasing after people begging for references after they said yes and wasted weeks if not months of your time. So if you need 3 references, get 4. If you need 2, get 3, etc.

As a technician, be reliable, be consistent, and follow the pharmacist's commands. Provided you are also a pleasant person, it would be very odd for you not to receive a good letter of recommendation.

Reactions: 1 user
In general, don't attempt to request a letter unless you are doing well in that class (B+ or better). Also I would look for extra references because more often than not, references bail out often without warning. It can get pretty lame chasing after people begging for references after they said yes and wasted weeks if not months of your time. So if you need 3 references, get 4. If you need 2, get 3, etc.

As a technician, be reliable, be consistent, and follow the pharmacist's commands. Provided you are also a pleasant person, it would be very odd for you not to receive a good letter of recommendation.
Thanks for you input!

Reactions: 1 user
Step 1: Take letter of recommendation, throw in trash.
Step 2: Pick literally any other career.