You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Samuel Merritt DPT 2021-2022 Cycle
Started by BLM2024
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’ve been nervously waiting to hear back from them. This is my 2nd year applying to DPT schools and after being waitlisted last year, I’m just trying to not get my hopes crushed again. Only applied to SMU this time around, personal reasons.
My stats:
cGPA: 3.5 (because of a class I took when I was 19 and didn’t care. I’m 33 now)
pGPA: 3.9
Hours: 300 outpatient now, and estimated another 500+ by summer.
Experience: a lot (generic I know lol) 16 years military, 3 deployments (2 to Iraq, 1 to afghan), numerous leadership positions, many volunteer experience in all different departments.
That’s the short version. Wishing everyone the best!
My stats:
cGPA: 3.5 (because of a class I took when I was 19 and didn’t care. I’m 33 now)
pGPA: 3.9
Hours: 300 outpatient now, and estimated another 500+ by summer.
Experience: a lot (generic I know lol) 16 years military, 3 deployments (2 to Iraq, 1 to afghan), numerous leadership positions, many volunteer experience in all different departments.
That’s the short version. Wishing everyone the best!
I am super anxious and hopeful for their call!
My stats aren't great GPA wise but I spent so much time on essays I am hoping thats my saving grace!
GPA: 3.3
PGPA: 3.2
Hours: 1000+ outpatient, 30 inpatient
Currently working as an aide, was a personal trainer before and did some volunteering on the PT floors at a hospital as well as other medical settings
GRE 149 on both and 4.0 for writing...not that they require it
My stats aren't great GPA wise but I spent so much time on essays I am hoping thats my saving grace!
GPA: 3.3
PGPA: 3.2
Hours: 1000+ outpatient, 30 inpatient
Currently working as an aide, was a personal trainer before and did some volunteering on the PT floors at a hospital as well as other medical settings
GRE 149 on both and 4.0 for writing...not that they require it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pt_prettypls
Full Member
Hi! We should be hearing back in a week or two so good luck to everyone!
- cumulative GPA: 3.3
- last 60/90 units: 3.61
- prereq GPA: 3.4
- GRE: 159 Q, 153 V, 4.0 AW
- 4 letters of rec
- 1400 outpatient hrs from 3 different settings (2 hospitals, 1 private practice), 4 inpatient hrs (couldn't continue due to covid)
- cumulative GPA: 3.3
- last 60/90 units: 3.61
- prereq GPA: 3.4
- GRE: 159 Q, 153 V, 4.0 AW
- 4 letters of rec
- 1400 outpatient hrs from 3 different settings (2 hospitals, 1 private practice), 4 inpatient hrs (couldn't continue due to covid)
so nervewracking :") ive gotten nothing from anywhere yet so hoping for the best even tho my stats r not the greatest
- cGPA: 3.35
- pGPA: 3.3
- gre: 157Q 165V 5.0 AW
- 3 letters (1 prof, 1 pt, 1 prof/advisor for club)
- extras: club secretary, volunteer in a cultural club
- about 320 outpatient hrs from 3 settings, no inpatient cuz covid
- cGPA: 3.35
- pGPA: 3.3
- gre: 157Q 165V 5.0 AW
- 3 letters (1 prof, 1 pt, 1 prof/advisor for club)
- extras: club secretary, volunteer in a cultural club
- about 320 outpatient hrs from 3 settings, no inpatient cuz covid
what is your last 60 gpa?so nervewracking :") ive gotten nothing from anywhere yet so hoping for the best even tho my stats r not the greatest
- cGPA: 3.35
- pGPA: 3.3
- gre: 157Q 165V 5.0 AW
- 3 letters (1 prof, 1 pt, 1 prof/advisor for club)
- extras: club secretary, volunteer in a cultural club
- about 320 outpatient hrs from 3 settings, no inpatient cuz covid
what is your last 60 gpa?I am super anxious and hopeful for their call!
My stats aren't great GPA wise but I spent so much time on essays I am hoping thats my saving grace!
GPA: 3.3
PGPA: 3.2
Hours: 1000+ outpatient, 30 inpatient
Currently working as an aide, was a personal trainer before and did some volunteering on the PT floors at a hospital as well as other medical settings
GRE 149 on both and 4.0 for writing...not that they require it
fingers crossed here too! mayne we will hear at the end of this week?
stats:
cGPA: 3.4
last 60 GPA: i calculated this a while ago and honestly. i totally forgot lmao.
pGPA: 3.5 ish
inpatient: 40 hrs 1 setting
outpatient: 300 ish verified hours, 2 settings
LOR: 1pt, 1 physician, 1 prof, 1 employer
experiences: lots of volunteering, student job, etc
stats:
cGPA: 3.4
last 60 GPA: i calculated this a while ago and honestly. i totally forgot lmao.
pGPA: 3.5 ish
inpatient: 40 hrs 1 setting
outpatient: 300 ish verified hours, 2 settings
LOR: 1pt, 1 physician, 1 prof, 1 employer
experiences: lots of volunteering, student job, etc
Hopefully! This seems to be the time they let us know based on last year.fingers crossed here too! mayne we will hear at the end of this week?
stats:
cGPA: 3.4
last 60 GPA: i calculated this a while ago and honestly. i totally forgot lmao.
pGPA: 3.5 ish
inpatient: 40 hrs 1 setting
outpatient: 300 ish verified hours, 2 settings
LOR: 1pt, 1 physician, 1 prof, 1 employer
experiences: lots of volunteering, student job, etc
also not sure about calculating this but i think it's around 3.5. has anyone heard anything from them because i have notwhat is your last 60 gpa?
D
deleted1123969
Just received a call that I got accepted to the program!
Nice! What were your stats?Just received a call that I got accepted to the program!
pt_prettypls
Full Member
Ah congrats!!! That's amazing 🙂 I guess today is the start of the calls *fingers crossed*Just received a call that I got accepted to the program!
D
deleted1123969
cGPA: 3.98Nice! What were your stats?
prereq GPA: 4.0
last 60: 4.0
worked as a PT aide for about 300+ hours
LOR: 1 PT, 1 Anatomy professor, 1 from PI from UPenn
Experiences: lots of research (UCSF and UPenn) where I did mainly radiology/signal processing. tutoring throughout college, TA for anatomy lab for 3 years. Founded a club in the department, LBGTQ+ community volunteer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seaswimmer21
New Member
Omg congrats! What is the area code the number? and What are your stats?
seaswimmer21
New Member
Do you think they are notifyinJust received a call that I got accepted to the program!
Was the call from Kasie?The area code is a 510 number, which is normal for that area. It said Berkeley on my caller ID; but I got my BS in the same area so I’m glad I already know people and the area! My stats are listed above, like the 2nd post on here lol
futuredptnc
Full Member
Congrats to everyone who heard back today!! Fingers crossed there’s more calls to make in the next couple days
Hey congrats! I also got in and I was wondering where did you go for undergrad? I went to UC Berkeley so when I saw the area code I thought it was going to be from the Cal alumni association asking me for donations hahaThe area code is a 510 number, which is normal for that area. It said Berkeley on my caller ID; but I got my BS in the same area so I’m glad I already know people and the area! My stats are listed above, like the 2nd post on here lol
Congrats! Will you be accepting the spot?Hey congrats! I also got in and I was wondering where did you go for undergrad? I went to UC Berkeley so when I saw the area code I thought it was going to be from the Cal alumni association asking me for donations haha
I went to Holy NamesHey congrats! I also got in and I was wondering where did you go for undergrad? I went to UC Berkeley so when I saw the area code I thought it was going to be from the Cal alumni association asking me for donations haha
futuredptnc
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything today?
futuredptnc
Full Member
Congrats!I just got a call! There’s still hope!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredptnc
Full Member
Congrats!! I still haven’t gotten anything 🙁I got a call at 5:40 PST!!
pt_prettypls
Full Member
i got a call at 5:22pm PST!!!
pt_prettypls
Full Member
I am a bay area local but not sure if that’s really a factor! Tomorrow is still friday so hopefully there will still be more calls. It seems like we all got called late today so it might not be done just yet!Super bummed I didn’t get a call. Hopefully I have a Spot on the waitlist. Are most of you Bay Area locals who got aceepeted? I’ve seen that as a trend.
I'm a Bay Area local and didn't get a call either. Sigh, we still got time tho!Super bummed I didn’t get a call. Hopefully I have a Spot on the waitlist. Are most of you Bay Area locals who got aceepeted? I’ve seen that as a trend.
Me too 🙁I'm a Bay Area local and didn't get a call either. Sigh, we still got time tho!
futuredptnc
Full Member
Me 3 🙁Me too 🙁
Those who got accepted and admitted already, did you guys receive your credentials in order to do the letter of intent yet? I got the email and everything, but haven't received the email with my credentials yet. Just wondering if it's just me or not?...thanks!
Kasie told me the email would would today or tomorrow, but probably not till tomorrow. I havent gotten it yetThose who got accepted and admitted already, did you guys receive your credentials in order to do the letter of intent yet? I got the email and everything, but haven't received the email with my credentials yet. Just wondering if it's just me or not?...thanks!
Hmmm, maybe they’re having technical difficulties. It took awhile to get the “admitted student portal” email too.Kasie told me the email would would today or tomorrow, but probably not till tomorrow. I havent gotten it yet
Oh well, we have until mid January to accept.
pt_prettypls
Full Member
Yay! Congrats!Just got a call at 7:20 from Kassie! Happier than words right now! She said she had phone issues today and had to get a new sim so there is still hope!
Thank you so much! Such a sense of relief.Yay! Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!Just got a call at 7:20 from Kassie! Happier than words right now! She said she had phone issues today and had to get a new sim so there is still hope!
Same here!I didn’t get a call but just got an email and I’m on the waitlist! Better than nothing! She said she would let us know about what number we are on after winter break.
First initial email is from the Dean of Admissions, then says you should be getting one from credentials so that you can do you letter of intent. Then an email on how to do an admitted student portal one. I still haven’t received the credential one, so I can’t do the letter of intent yet. Even going onto the student portal one, it won’t update the checklist until letter of intent is complete. So, just the waiting game I guess.what is the email address stuff is coming from?