Samuel Merritt DPT 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BLM2024

Reaction score
Hi All! If anyone applied to SMU's DPT program, feel free to share stats and any updates here. Based on prior years, I suspect we should be hearing back late next week or the following week at the latest.

Members don't see this ad.

I’ve been nervously waiting to hear back from them. This is my 2nd year applying to DPT schools and after being waitlisted last year, I’m just trying to not get my hopes crushed again. Only applied to SMU this time around, personal reasons.

My stats:
cGPA: 3.5 (because of a class I took when I was 19 and didn’t care. I’m 33 now)
pGPA: 3.9
Hours: 300 outpatient now, and estimated another 500+ by summer.
Experience: a lot (generic I know lol) 16 years military, 3 deployments (2 to Iraq, 1 to afghan), numerous leadership positions, many volunteer experience in all different departments.

That’s the short version. Wishing everyone the best!

I am super anxious and hopeful for their call!
My stats aren't great GPA wise but I spent so much time on essays I am hoping thats my saving grace!
GPA: 3.3
PGPA: 3.2
Hours: 1000+ outpatient, 30 inpatient
Currently working as an aide, was a personal trainer before and did some volunteering on the PT floors at a hospital as well as other medical settings
GRE 149 on both and 4.0 for writing...not that they require it

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! We should be hearing back in a week or two so good luck to everyone!

- cumulative GPA: 3.3
- last 60/90 units: 3.61
- prereq GPA: 3.4
- GRE: 159 Q, 153 V, 4.0 AW
- 4 letters of rec
- 1400 outpatient hrs from 3 different settings (2 hospitals, 1 private practice), 4 inpatient hrs (couldn't continue due to covid)

so nervewracking :") ive gotten nothing from anywhere yet so hoping for the best even tho my stats r not the greatest

- cGPA: 3.35
- pGPA: 3.3
- gre: 157Q 165V 5.0 AW
- 3 letters (1 prof, 1 pt, 1 prof/advisor for club)
- extras: club secretary, volunteer in a cultural club
- about 320 outpatient hrs from 3 settings, no inpatient cuz covid

Hoping I get a call! Fingers crossed.

Last 60 gpa: 3.74
Prereq gpa: 3.63
Inpatient: 100 hours
Outpatient: 50 hour's
5 lor: 3 professors and 2 PT
- lots of volunteer and also non traditional applicant doing a career change so have had multiple jobs.

so nervewracking :") ive gotten nothing from anywhere yet so hoping for the best even tho my stats r not the greatest

- cGPA: 3.35
- pGPA: 3.3
- gre: 157Q 165V 5.0 AW
- 3 letters (1 prof, 1 pt, 1 prof/advisor for club)
- extras: club secretary, volunteer in a cultural club
- about 320 outpatient hrs from 3 settings, no inpatient cuz covid
what is your last 60 gpa?

I am super anxious and hopeful for their call!
My stats aren't great GPA wise but I spent so much time on essays I am hoping thats my saving grace!
GPA: 3.3
PGPA: 3.2
Hours: 1000+ outpatient, 30 inpatient
Currently working as an aide, was a personal trainer before and did some volunteering on the PT floors at a hospital as well as other medical settings
GRE 149 on both and 4.0 for writing...not that they require it
what is your last 60 gpa?

fingers crossed here too! mayne we will hear at the end of this week?

stats:
cGPA: 3.4
last 60 GPA: i calculated this a while ago and honestly. i totally forgot lmao.
pGPA: 3.5 ish

inpatient: 40 hrs 1 setting
outpatient: 300 ish verified hours, 2 settings

LOR: 1pt, 1 physician, 1 prof, 1 employer

experiences: lots of volunteering, student job, etc

fingers crossed here too! mayne we will hear at the end of this week?

stats:
cGPA: 3.4
last 60 GPA: i calculated this a while ago and honestly. i totally forgot lmao.
pGPA: 3.5 ish

inpatient: 40 hrs 1 setting
outpatient: 300 ish verified hours, 2 settings

LOR: 1pt, 1 physician, 1 prof, 1 employer

experiences: lots of volunteering, student job, etc
Hopefully! This seems to be the time they let us know based on last year.

Just received a call that I got accepted to the program!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! What were your stats?
cGPA: 3.98
prereq GPA: 4.0
last 60: 4.0
worked as a PT aide for about 300+ hours
LOR: 1 PT, 1 Anatomy professor, 1 from PI from UPenn
Experiences: lots of research (UCSF and UPenn) where I did mainly radiology/signal processing. tutoring throughout college, TA for anatomy lab for 3 years. Founded a club in the department, LBGTQ+ community volunteer

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a call, I’m in!!! 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽 God is good!!!

Reactions: 4 users
The area code is a 510 number, which is normal for that area. It said Berkeley on my caller ID; but I got my BS in the same area so I’m glad I already know people and the area! My stats are listed above, like the 2nd post on here lol

Just received a call that I got accepted to the program!
Do you think they are notifyin
The area code is a 510 number, which is normal for that area. It said Berkeley on my caller ID; but I got my BS in the same area so I’m glad I already know people and the area! My stats are listed above, like the 2nd post on here lol
Was the call from Kasie?

Congrats guys! Hoping more get a call this week!
Does anyone know if they just call for acceptances? What if you are on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who heard back today!! Fingers crossed there’s more calls to make in the next couple days

Hey congrats! I also got in and I was wondering where did you go for undergrad? I went to UC Berkeley so when I saw the area code I thought it was going to be from the Cal alumni association asking me for donations haha

Hey congrats! I also got in and I was wondering where did you go for undergrad? I went to UC Berkeley so when I saw the area code I thought it was going to be from the Cal alumni association asking me for donations haha
Congrats! Will you be accepting the spot?

I went to Holy Names

I just got a call! There’s still hope!

I got a call at 5:40 PST!!

Super bummed I didn’t get a call. Hopefully I have a Spot on the waitlist. Are most of you Bay Area locals who got aceepeted? I’ve seen that as a trend.

Super bummed I didn’t get a call. Hopefully I have a Spot on the waitlist. Are most of you Bay Area locals who got aceepeted? I’ve seen that as a trend.
I am a bay area local but not sure if that’s really a factor! Tomorrow is still friday so hopefully there will still be more calls. It seems like we all got called late today so it might not be done just yet!

I'm a Bay Area local and didn't get a call either. Sigh, we still got time tho!

I live in Sacramento, so not really Bay Area.

I grew up in the bay but haven't lived there for several years

Those who got accepted and admitted already, did you guys receive your credentials in order to do the letter of intent yet? I got the email and everything, but haven't received the email with my credentials yet. Just wondering if it's just me or not?...thanks!

Those who got accepted and admitted already, did you guys receive your credentials in order to do the letter of intent yet? I got the email and everything, but haven't received the email with my credentials yet. Just wondering if it's just me or not?...thanks!
Kasie told me the email would would today or tomorrow, but probably not till tomorrow. I havent gotten it yet

Kasie told me the email would would today or tomorrow, but probably not till tomorrow. I havent gotten it yet
Hmmm, maybe they’re having technical difficulties. It took awhile to get the “admitted student portal” email too.

Oh well, we have until mid January to accept.

Just got a call at 7:20 from Kassie! Happier than words right now! She said she had phone issues today and had to get a new sim so there is still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a call at 7:20 from Kassie! Happier than words right now! She said she had phone issues today and had to get a new sim so there is still hope!
Congrats!!

I didn’t get a call but just got an email and I’m on the waitlist! Better than nothing! She said she would let us know about what number we are on after winter break.

Reactions: 3 users
I didn’t get a call but just got an email and I’m on the waitlist! Better than nothing! She said she would let us know about what number we are on after winter break.
Same here!

Reactions: 3 users
what is the email address stuff is coming from?

what is the email address stuff is coming from?
First initial email is from the Dean of Admissions, then says you should be getting one from credentials so that you can do you letter of intent. Then an email on how to do an admitted student portal one. I still haven’t received the credential one, so I can’t do the letter of intent yet. Even going onto the student portal one, it won’t update the checklist until letter of intent is complete. So, just the waiting game I guess.