You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Samuel Merritt DPT 2021-2022 Cycle
Started by BLM2024
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nope, I think they’re having technical difficulties because if you try to access some of their pages, it won’t load. I’ve emailed admissions about it too, and they’re backed up on replying. I’m sure, after the holidays it’ll be better.has anyone gotten their credentials yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rocketship98
New Member
What are the stats for those who are on the waitlist?
I just got the credentials emailNope, I think they’re having technical difficulties because if you try to access some of their pages, it won’t load. I’ve emailed admissions about it too, and they’re backed up on replying. I’m sure, after the holidays it’ll be better.
SameI just got the credentials email
seaswimmer21
New Member
What was the format of your place in the email? B/c mine is showing a decimalJust got an email that I'm 17/120 on the waitlist
Yeah it said:What was the format of your place in the email? B/c mine is showing a decimal
"To date, your waitlist number is 17.0 of 120 on that list. I will continue to send out frequent updates with any significant position changes."
Congrats!!! You have a good chance of getting in! I got mine too… very low 🙁 72. so pretty bummed but slight chance I suppose! Anyways yay!!Just got an email that I'm 17/120 on the waitlist
Mine has a decimal too lolWhat was the format of your place in the email? B/c mine is showing a decimal
I also got an email, I'm 15 on the waitlist aaaaah i hope this is a good sign
on the call Kasie mentioned she'd be reaching out to connect everyone and doing a few group zoom calls. the date for the deposit is Jan 15 so I'm thinking maybe she's waiting till then?Hi! I was also admitted to samuel merritt dpt. Does anyone know if there is an admitted student facebook page, or any other information as to how to connect to other prospective students for the class of 2025?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pt_prettypls
Full Member
I did!Anyone pay the deposit yet Just Incase?
I've lived in downtown Oakland my entire life so if you're interested in a gym partner I'm always down after workAnyone gonna be looking for roommates or anything? lol I was blessed before to have found roommates when I did my BS around the same area, I figured I'd start looking now.
I used to go to 24 hour fitness on High St when I was living there.I've lived in downtown Oakland my entire life so if you're interested in a gym partner I'm always down after work
How is the living situation in downtown Oakland? Is it safe?I've lived in downtown Oakland my entire life so if you're interested in a gym partner I'm always down after work
I was wondering the same about the living situation there... anyone know how expensive is the area?How is the living situation in downtown Oakland? Is it safe?
Uptown, Downtown and North Oakland are completely safe. The worst features of Oakland are car break-ins, loud and obnoxious street racings, and difficult street parkings. To be mugged you would have to be drawing a lot of attention to yourself like wearing expensive accessories while walking at night.How is the living situation in downtown Oakland? Is it safe?
Yup, car break-ins happen a lot! Happened to me during finals week once, I just wanted to stop by Safeway to get some food before studying some more, and not even in there 10-15 mins and my backpack got stolen. Don’t leave anything in your car, and if you’re out and about, put it in the trunk before anyone can see it. Generally though, people mind their own business unless you try and start crap. Oakland wasn’t that bad, cost of living is still pretty high, especially for a college student, but it is what it is.Uptown, Downtown and North Oakland are completely safe. The worst features of Oakland are car break-ins, loud and obnoxious street racings, and difficult street parkings. To be mugged you would have to be drawing a lot of attention to yourself like wearing expensive accessories while walking at night.
Thank you! This is a big help!Yup, car break-ins happen a lot! Happened to me during finals week once, I just wanted to stop by Safeway to get some food before studying some more, and not even in there 10-15 mins and my backpack got stolen. Don’t leave anything in your car, and if you’re out and about, put it in the trunk before anyone can see it. Generally though, people mind their own business unless you try and start crap. Oakland wasn’t that bad, cost of living is still pretty high, especially for a college student, but it is what it is.
Thank you! Car break-ins is what I heard the most. Appreciate the advice!Uptown, Downtown and North Oakland are completely safe. The worst features of Oakland are car break-ins, loud and obnoxious street racings, and difficult street parkings. To be mugged you would have to be drawing a lot of attention to yourself like wearing expensive accessories while walking at night.
Oh ya, there’s also a ton of homeless people but they don’t really bother you though. A lot of people who will try and ask you for money whenever you park at a grocery store, making up lies that they need gas money. One time, had this older man come up to me at a Trader Joe’s telling me that him and his friend just finished a job, but haven’t gotten paid and need to get home, but had no gas money. I gave him some money, and went about my business. A couple weeks later, other side of town, same man, same excuse but in front of a Nob Hill this time. I called him out on it and he walked away. Stay away from International when there’s no light outside.
Oh ya, when they broke into my car and stole my backpack, my check book was in there too. They faked my signature and cashed a check, I had the person’s name and everything, cops still don’t care. It’s all petty theft to them…there was also a time on the news where it was broad daylight in Montclair area, and these guys took a man’s laptop at Starbucks in daylight and the man ran after them. The only reason why the cops got involved is because they crushed the man against another car, and he ended up dying.
Just try your best to not be alone most of the time when you’re out. Most of the time, people mistakenly thought I was a cop (I’m a military guy) so people generally left me alone.
Oh ya, when they broke into my car and stole my backpack, my check book was in there too. They faked my signature and cashed a check, I had the person’s name and everything, cops still don’t care. It’s all petty theft to them…there was also a time on the news where it was broad daylight in Montclair area, and these guys took a man’s laptop at Starbucks in daylight and the man ran after them. The only reason why the cops got involved is because they crushed the man against another car, and he ended up dying.
Just try your best to not be alone most of the time when you’re out. Most of the time, people mistakenly thought I was a cop (I’m a military guy) so people generally left me alone.
pt_prettypls
Full Member
Officially committed to Samuel Merritt! 😊😊 I was wondering if those accepted be interested in joining a Facebook group? I can make one for us so just message me your fb username/name!
I messaged you!Officially committed to Samuel Merritt! 😊😊 I was wondering if those accepted be interested in joining a Facebook group? I can make one for us so just message me your fb username/name!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ihopeigetin11
Full Member
HI, I havent gotten any news updated and its February hahaHas anyone on the waitlist gotten any updates? It’s been a month now I feel like it must have moved!!
Also haven't heard anything but I'm going to remove myself from the waitlistHas anyone on the waitlist gotten any updates? It’s been a month now I feel like it must have moved!!
Ah thank you what a nice jump!! Congrats on the other program! So wait, she emailed you after you told her you were getting off? I haven’t gotten anything yet 🙁Just got an email back from Kasie after taking myself off the waitlist. I went from #17 to #3
pt_prettypls
Full Member
@mochime0w @mochipoki i love how both your names have mochi in it 😂😂
Hahaha right I thought the same! And applying to some of the same schools 😂🙌🏻@mochime0w @mochipoki i love how both your names have mochi in it 😂😂
Yeah! In my email letter telling her I'd be removing myself, I asked if she could share what position I was when I'm removed.Ah thank you what a nice jump!! Congrats on the other program! So wait, she emailed you after you told her you were getting off? I haven’t gotten anything yet 🙁
Lol yeah I think I saw in the CA thread that we're also both from the bay area too 😅@mochime0w @mochipoki i love how both your names have mochi in it 😂😂
Yes!!! How crazy 😂 I love it!Yeah! In my email letter telling her I'd be removing myself, I asked if she could share what position I was when I'm removed.
Lol yeah I think I saw in the CA thread that we're also both from the bay area too 😅
And ahh that makes sense I hope they update soon! Because that’s a decent jump I’d say!
pt_prettypls
Full Member
Yay!! thats a good amount of people coming offjust got an email from her! I’m bumped up by 23!
wow that's a lot of movement! i still have no update from them yet unfortunately.. the wait is killing me cmon
Darn! I wonder why they are only sending it to some, the waiting is the worst part 😩wow that's a lot of movement! i still have no update from them yet unfortunately.. the wait is killing me cmon
pt_prettypls
Full Member
Wait weren't you #15? @mochipoki went from 17 to 3 so maybe you're #1 ?!wow that's a lot of movement! i still have no update from them yet unfortunately.. the wait is killing me cmon
beaniedpt612
New Member
Just got a call today that I was taken off the waitlist and accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pt_prettypls
Full Member
Yay!! Congrats message me if you want to join the FB group 🥳Just got a call today that I was taken off the waitlist and accepted!
yeahh i just got an update email saying that i'm still 15.0 of 83. ummm whatWait weren't you #15? @mochipoki went from 17 to 3 so maybe you're #1 ?!