Samuel Merritt DPT 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
same im also on the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone gotten their credentials yet?
Nope, I think they’re having technical difficulties because if you try to access some of their pages, it won’t load. I’ve emailed admissions about it too, and they’re backed up on replying. I’m sure, after the holidays it’ll be better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, I think they’re having technical difficulties because if you try to access some of their pages, it won’t load. I’ve emailed admissions about it too, and they’re backed up on replying. I’m sure, after the holidays it’ll be better.
I just got the credentials email

Just got an email that I'm 17/120 on the waitlist

What was the format of your place in the email? B/c mine is showing a decimal
Yeah it said:
"To date, your waitlist number is 17.0 of 120 on that list. I will continue to send out frequent updates with any significant position changes."

Reactions: 1 user
I also got an email, I'm 15 on the waitlist aaaaah i hope this is a good sign

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was also admitted to samuel merritt dpt. Does anyone know if there is an admitted student facebook page, or any other information as to how to connect to other prospective students for the class of 2025?

Hi! I was also admitted to samuel merritt dpt. Does anyone know if there is an admitted student facebook page, or any other information as to how to connect to other prospective students for the class of 2025?
on the call Kasie mentioned she'd be reaching out to connect everyone and doing a few group zoom calls. the date for the deposit is Jan 15 so I'm thinking maybe she's waiting till then?

Anyone gonna be looking for roommates or anything? lol I was blessed before to have found roommates when I did my BS around the same area, I figured I'd start looking now.

Anyone gonna be looking for roommates or anything? lol I was blessed before to have found roommates when I did my BS around the same area, I figured I'd start looking now.
I've lived in downtown Oakland my entire life so if you're interested in a gym partner I'm always down after work

I've lived in downtown Oakland my entire life so if you're interested in a gym partner I'm always down after work
I used to go to 24 hour fitness on High St when I was living there.

How is the living situation in downtown Oakland? Is it safe?

How is the living situation in downtown Oakland? Is it safe?
Uptown, Downtown and North Oakland are completely safe. The worst features of Oakland are car break-ins, loud and obnoxious street racings, and difficult street parkings. To be mugged you would have to be drawing a lot of attention to yourself like wearing expensive accessories while walking at night.

Uptown, Downtown and North Oakland are completely safe. The worst features of Oakland are car break-ins, loud and obnoxious street racings, and difficult street parkings. To be mugged you would have to be drawing a lot of attention to yourself like wearing expensive accessories while walking at night.
Yup, car break-ins happen a lot! Happened to me during finals week once, I just wanted to stop by Safeway to get some food before studying some more, and not even in there 10-15 mins and my backpack got stolen. Don’t leave anything in your car, and if you’re out and about, put it in the trunk before anyone can see it. Generally though, people mind their own business unless you try and start crap. Oakland wasn’t that bad, cost of living is still pretty high, especially for a college student, but it is what it is.

Yup, car break-ins happen a lot! Happened to me during finals week once, I just wanted to stop by Safeway to get some food before studying some more, and not even in there 10-15 mins and my backpack got stolen. Don’t leave anything in your car, and if you’re out and about, put it in the trunk before anyone can see it. Generally though, people mind their own business unless you try and start crap. Oakland wasn’t that bad, cost of living is still pretty high, especially for a college student, but it is what it is.
Thank you! This is a big help!

Thank you! Car break-ins is what I heard the most. Appreciate the advice!

Oh ya, there’s also a ton of homeless people but they don’t really bother you though. A lot of people who will try and ask you for money whenever you park at a grocery store, making up lies that they need gas money. One time, had this older man come up to me at a Trader Joe’s telling me that him and his friend just finished a job, but haven’t gotten paid and need to get home, but had no gas money. I gave him some money, and went about my business. A couple weeks later, other side of town, same man, same excuse but in front of a Nob Hill this time. I called him out on it and he walked away. Stay away from International when there’s no light outside.

Oh ya, when they broke into my car and stole my backpack, my check book was in there too. They faked my signature and cashed a check, I had the person’s name and everything, cops still don’t care. It’s all petty theft to them…there was also a time on the news where it was broad daylight in Montclair area, and these guys took a man’s laptop at Starbucks in daylight and the man ran after them. The only reason why the cops got involved is because they crushed the man against another car, and he ended up dying.

Just try your best to not be alone most of the time when you’re out. Most of the time, people mistakenly thought I was a cop (I’m a military guy) so people generally left me alone.

Officially committed to Samuel Merritt! :giggle::giggle: I was wondering if those accepted be interested in joining a Facebook group? I can make one for us so just message me your fb username/name!

Officially committed to Samuel Merritt! :giggle::giggle: I was wondering if those accepted be interested in joining a Facebook group? I can make one for us so just message me your fb username/name!
I messaged you!

Has anyone on the waitlist gotten any updates? It’s been a month now I feel like it must have moved!!

Has anyone on the waitlist gotten any updates? It’s been a month now I feel like it must have moved!!
Also haven't heard anything but I'm going to remove myself from the waitlist

I formally declined my seat about a week and a half ago, so that means there had to have been some movement. Unsure how theyre updating people though.

Just got an email back from Kasie after taking myself off the waitlist. I went from #17 to #3

Just got an email back from Kasie after taking myself off the waitlist. I went from #17 to #3
Ah thank you what a nice jump!! Congrats on the other program! So wait, she emailed you after you told her you were getting off? I haven’t gotten anything yet :(

Ah thank you what a nice jump!! Congrats on the other program! So wait, she emailed you after you told her you were getting off? I haven’t gotten anything yet :(
Yeah! In my email letter telling her I'd be removing myself, I asked if she could share what position I was when I'm removed.

@mochime0w @mochipoki i love how both your names have mochi in it 😂😂
Lol yeah I think I saw in the CA thread that we're also both from the bay area too 😅

Yeah! In my email letter telling her I'd be removing myself, I asked if she could share what position I was when I'm removed.

Lol yeah I think I saw in the CA thread that we're also both from the bay area too 😅
Yes!!! How crazy 😂 I love it!
And ahh that makes sense I hope they update soon! Because that’s a decent jump I’d say!

just got an email from her! I’m bumped up by 23!

wow that's a lot of movement! i still have no update from them yet unfortunately.. the wait is killing me cmon

Just got a call today that I was taken off the waitlist and accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Highly recommend hitting up 1st years for advice!

Just got off the waitlist for Samuel Merritt for this semester! I’m freaking out bc I have less than two weeks to figure out loans and all that but I’m excited!! Luckily I live in the bay so it should be easy otherwise. Anyways I’d love to connect w other students!!