MD scGPA 3.43, cGPA 3.63, MCAT 501

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tic392eas

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
scGPA 3.43 and cGPA 3.63.

MCAT score= 501, but will take again

Good clinical and nonclinical experiences.

Basically, I plan to do a post-bacc or masters in biomedical science, but I'm wondering if this is even all worth it with my GPA- Do I have a chance of getting in? What should I focus on?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are currently competitive for 15 DO schools that I know of. You could apply this month and complete all your secondaries by August and you would receive many interviews.

You are currently competitive for 15 DO schools that I know of. You could apply this month and complete all your secondaries by August and you would receive many interviews.

Okay, thank you for your feedback, that helps alleviate a bit of stress. Do you know what I would have to do to be accepted into MD programs? Should I focus on trying to get a high GPA through a post bac or masters and/or raise my MCAT or focus on more clinical experiences?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately Maine does not have a state MD school so if you apply to MD schools you are mainly limited to private schools. A post bacc would help and a MCAT of 508 or higher is needed. Even then there is no guarantee for a MD admission. If you eventually decide to apply to MD schools you should also apply to at least 15 DO schools and include many of the newer ones. UNECOM has an instate preference.

I have pretty much identical stats as this applicant. do you mind telling me which 15 schools you'd recommend?

Thanks Faha

I have pretty much identical stats as this applicant. do you mind telling me which 15 schools you'd recommend?

Thanks Faha
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
ICOM
BCOM
UIWSOM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)