School Comparison (don't read if it'll annoy u)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g8terboi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Decision Made....Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You seriously got in to yale, hopkins, washu and stanford?! that's amazing...congrats!
I absolutely love stanford, so i would choose stanford. and palo alto is nice.

Between Yale, Hopkins, WashU, and Stanford, which school would you attend, and why? Aid is comparable and my interest is in internal medicine. Tough decision, but I'm leaning towards Stanford because of P/F, flexible curriculum, and location. I feel like I know these programs well, but I'd like some last minute insight.

I'd go for Stanford. Great location, fantastic school.

Also, I'm on WashU's waitlist, so interpret this as you see fit. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd only have applied to Hopkins.

Yale, Stanford, and WashU do nothing for me.

HOPKINS! It's the best school if you don't mind GTAIV style irl every week.

Well I go to Yale undergrad and so I'm a bit biased (let me out of new haven pleasseee).

I'm also going to have to go for Stanford. Hopkins... meh, not-so-friendly curriculum... WashU -- too number oriented, a bit intimidating imho, seems like it'd be harder to be academically top of your class when everyone else was a 3.9 40 from the start too. At least other schools have more "well-rounded" people to make the bottom of the curve ;). Yale is ez-mode, new haven sucks, my mcat teacher was a yale med student and he was a d-bag.

Stanford has no AOA so you can rest easy knowing you dont need to score 99s on every test (though I don't know about AOA at most of those other schools). Palo Alto is boring imo (yay for upper-middle class suburbia), but SF and San Jo aren't far, with all their nightlife. Can't beat Cali either way.

In my opinion, these things matter more than rankings.

Sorry for the rampant bias. I'm a Yale UG student originally from a Palo-eske town about 1hr from Stanford so take it for what it's worth.

From a career standpoint these are all good schools, so it mostly comes down to personal preference.

Well I go to Yale undergrad and so I'm a bit biased (let me out of new haven pleasseee).

I'm also going to have to go for Stanford. Hopkins... meh, not-so-friendly curriculum... WashU -- too number oriented, a bit intimidating imho, seems like it'd be harder to be academically top of your class when everyone else was a 3.9 40 from the start too. At least other schools have more "well-rounded" people to make the bottom of the curve ;). Yale is ez-mode, new haven sucks, my mcat teacher was a yale med student and he was a d-bag.

Stanford has no AOA so you can rest easy knowing you dont need to score 99s on every test (though I don't know about AOA at most of those other schools). Palo Alto is boring imo (yay for upper-middle class suburbia), but SF and San Jo aren't far, with all their nightlife. Can't beat Cali either way.

In my opinion, these things matter more than rankings.

Sorry for the rampant bias. I'm a Yale UG student originally from a Palo-eske town about 1hr from Stanford so take it for what it's worth.

If that's you in your avatar I can't even imagine what your mcat teacher was like

Haha ouch. Indeed that is me. That's the look I was goin for, glad you like it. Just tryin to bring The Bay to New Haven.

Hahaha. I actually really liked New Haven. You get about 3 miles out, and there are GREAT roads for cycling/running; there are some solid bars (I'm not into loud places, and I don't dance); and the community is great. On top of that, there are some surprisingly solid restaurants.

If that's you in your avatar I can't even imagine what your mcat teacher was like

Zing.

All are very strong programs. I'd say that you'll have a great shot at top IM programs from any of them so pick which location you like best, and which curriculum jives with you the most. I'm going to echo what others have said and give the 1-up to stanford. Sick location, awesome finaid, and great curriculum.