School List - 3.96/520, but no shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akb5633

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd add Cincy, Tulane, northwestern, hofstra, Dartmouth.

Add your other in state schools- Drexel, Temple and Commonwealth-Geisinger. You could also add Mount Sinai, NYU, Case Western and Washington U.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw your post on the WARS thread and will address here briefly - you have exposure to healthcare system via CNA and other ECs, but it is a good idea for you to get at least some shadowing in, just so you can really see the day to day life of a doctor and talk about that in interviews. Doesn't have to be any substantial amount, just enough that you can talk about it and convince adcoms you know what you're getting into. 30 hours vs 100 hours with similar stories will have really no difference as long as both applicants can articulate their reflections well. No need to go overboard just to rack up a high hour count.

I agree with Faha and would add Sinai, NYU, Case, WashU. I wouldn't add Drexel, Temple, or TCMC though - you're out of their target applicant demographic. I also wouldn't complete the WVU secondary if you haven't already. Agree with Dox4lyfe to add Hofstra and NW, but wouldn't add the other ones without a specific reason.

Otherwise list looks solid.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd add Cincy, Tulane, northwestern, hofstra, Dartmouth.

Add your other in state schools- Drexel, Temple and Commonwealth-Geisinger. You could also add Mount Sinai, NYU, Case Western and Washington U.

I saw your post on the WARS thread and will address here briefly - you have exposure to healthcare system via CNA and other ECs, but it is a good idea for you to get at least some shadowing in, just so you can really see the day to day life of a doctor and talk about that in interviews. Doesn't have to be any substantial amount, just enough that you can talk about it and convince adcoms you know what you're getting into. 30 hours vs 100 hours with similar stories will have really no difference as long as both applicants can articulate their reflections well. No need to go overboard just to rack up a high hour count.

I agree with Faha and would add Sinai, NYU, Case, WashU. I wouldn't add Drexel, Temple, or TCMC though - you're out of their target applicant demographic. I also wouldn't complete the WVU secondary if you haven't already. Agree with Dox4lyfe to add Hofstra and NW, but wouldn't add the other ones without a specific reason.

Otherwise list looks solid.

Maybe Mayo AZ?

Sorry for the delayed response - but thank you all for your suggestions! Most of these schools were already on my "maybe" list, but I really appreciate the input and reassurance from you guys. Now back to adding few of these schools and writing secondaries!