MD School List Review ORM 518 3.71

Started by alienu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alienu

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all just some background

Clinical - 1k MA work, 350 working as an aid for ppl of disability
Teaching - 450, TA work
Service - 110 - food bank + misc volunteering thru clubs
Research - 650 hours (no pubs 🙁 )
Leadership - two eboard positions + chair positions in fraternity

NY resident, 518 (CP 130, CARS 128, BB 129, PS 131) , 3.71 cGPA and 3.72 sGPA (weighed down significantly by some bad grades while taking dual enrollment in HS)

So i've kinda made a school list off of mid range stats while trying to keep out a lot of the super service heavy schools

New York​

  1. Jacobs/University at Buffalo
  2. SUNY Upstate
  3. SUNY Downstate
  4. Albany Medical College
  5. New York Medical College
  6. Stony Brook
  7. University of Rochester
  8. Hofstra
OOS
  1. University of Vermont
  2. Sidney Kimmel/Jefferson
  3. Drexel
  4. Temple
  5. Penn State
  6. Quinnipiac
  7. Wake Forest
  8. Medical College of Wisconsin
  9. Rosalind Franklin
  10. Western Michigan/Stryker
  11. Oakland Beaumont
  12. University of Miami
  13. University of Cincinnati
  14. Ohio State
  15. VCU
  16. Virginia Tech
  1. Case Western
  2. Emory
  3. Dartmouth
  4. Tufts
  5. Mount Sinai
  6. Pittsburgh
  7. Brown
  8. Vanderbilt
  9. Penn
Any feedback on the list? i'm not super picky about location, my MCAT score was a shock and a better than expected so I wanted to include some lotteries. I appreciate any feedback 🙂
 
oop sorry year by year gpa for sGPA is 1.85 (high school) -> 3.89 (freshman) -> 3.74 (sophomore) -> 3.94 (junior) -> 3.97 (senior) and I did a neurosci major
 
Hi all just some background

Clinical - 1k MA work, 350 working as an aid for ppl of disability
Teaching - 450, TA work
Service - 110 - food bank + misc volunteering thru clubs
Research - 650 hours (no pubs 🙁 )
Leadership - two eboard positions + chair positions in fraternity

NY resident, 518 (CP 130, CARS 128, BB 129, PS 131) , 3.71 cGPA and 3.72 sGPA (weighed down significantly by some bad grades while taking dual enrollment in HS)

So i've kinda made a school list off of mid range stats while trying to keep out a lot of the super service heavy schools

New York​

  1. Jacobs/University at Buffalo
  2. SUNY Upstate
  3. SUNY Downstate
  4. Albany Medical College
  5. New York Medical College
  6. Stony Brook
  7. University of Rochester
  8. Hofstra
OOS
  1. University of Vermont
  2. Sidney Kimmel/Jefferson
  3. Temple
  4. Penn State
  5. Quinnipiac
  6. Wake Forest
  7. Medical College of Wisconsin
  8. Western Michigan/Stryker
  9. Oakland Beaumont
  10. University of Miami
  11. University of Cincinnati
  12. Ohio State
  13. VCU
  14. Case Western
  15. Emory
  16. Dartmouth
  17. Tufts
  18. Mount Sinai
  19. Pittsburgh
  20. Brown
  21. Vanderbilt
Any feedback on the list? i'm not suprvrviceer picky about location, my MCAT score was a shock and a better than expected so I wanted to include some lotteries. I appreciate any feedback 🙂
Get in some more service!
List is good. I 've removed some schools that may resource protection you out, and a few that will be donations.

Consider adding UCSF, KECK, U MA, USF/MORSANI
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Get in some more service!
List is good. I 've removed some schools that may resource protection you out, and a few that will be donations.

Consider adding UCSF, KECK, U MA, USF/MORSANI
thank you so much for your feedback 🙂
 
I don't understand if you have submitted your 2027 application already.
I have submitted but I only submitted to AMC and buffalo atm, I wanted to really think about list and secondary prompts before paying to send to more schools
 
I have submitted but I only submitted to AMC and buffalo atm, I wanted to really think about list and secondary prompts before paying to send to more schools
Aren't cost of attendance, moving, and living also factors?

On average, each cycle costs around $2500 median among our Accepted Student Survey respondents over the last 2 years.
 
Aren't cost of attendance, moving, and living also factors?

On average, each cycle costs around $2500 median among our Accepted Student Survey respondents over the last 2 years.
I'm fortunate to have my family's financial assistance, so I'm mostly just trying to maximize my odds and trying to avoid reapplying.