School List Revision - 507 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YaTuSabes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have posted about my chances before. Well, now I am back with legitimate updates and am very close to submitting my app to AACOMAS. I am NYS resident, 507 MCAT. Just got my grades and managed to maintain my GPA (thought it was going to drop way way low) - 3.81 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA. Just graduated.

Brief summary of ecs:
1) hospital volunteering (2.5 yrs)
2) shadowing - one DO (saw OMM in action), one MD (resident) - 30 to 40 hrs combined
3) 3 week volunteering in Guatemala with IVHQ
4) non-clinical volunteering with the visually impaired (7 months)
5) public health internship with American Heart association (3 months - 1 summer)
6) research in molecular bio - 3 years
7) teaching assistant (1 summer for middle schoolers)
8) on campus tutoring in bio
9) cashier in stop & shop

Accomplishments: dean's list (all semesters), americorps service award, honors thesis & presentation, 1 poster presentation, magna cum laude

Shadowed DO, but could not ask for letter. MD will be writing my letter. Here is my school list (basically did not include schools that require do lor):
Nyit-com
Touro NY
PCOM
CCOM
Lecom
UNECOM
KCUMB
DMU-COM
MUCOM
AT-KCOM
PCOM-GA
CUSOM

Any schools I should include & am competitive for? Any schools I should take out and I am not competitive for? Also, any other suggestions, additions, things I can improve are welcomed. Thank you all.

@Goro

Members don't see this ad.

If you shadowed a DO ask for a letter. No reason not to unless for some reason you two just didn't get along. With your stats you should apply to your state MD schools just for the heck of it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If you shadowed a DO ask for a letter. No reason not to unless for some reason you two just didn't get along. With your stats you should apply to your state MD schools just for the heck of it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, the DO is very busy and I was pretty lucky that she agreed to squeeze me in for a little bit. But she made it very clear that because of her schedule, she'd be unable to accommodate any letter request and that I was better off pursuing a long term relationship with another physician. Also, most importantly, she is traveling internationally for conferences (possibly vacation) and will be returning in late summer/early fall.
I am working on shadowing another DO physician (he'll most likely submit it in august - that is, if he agrees to write one). I don't want it to be a case where I wait on a DO LOR and let go of the MD LOR and then not have a physician LOR altogether because the DO LOR writer fell through at the last moment.

What do you think I should do? (this entire situation has me a little stressed...)