This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdf2398

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your scores are pretty consistent, which shouldn't hurt you that much. However, you should really post this thread on WAMC posts. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I received my MCAT score a few weeks ago and was wondering what my best option would be. I am an ORM and this was my second time taking the exam. The first time I scored a 505 (125/126/126/128) and this time I scored a 504 (125/125/125/129). I was scoring higher on my practice exams both times but it seems like it just wasn’t meant to be. I have a 3.9 gpa and reside in NY. Do I have a shot for any MD and DO schools this cycle? Or will my 1 point drop be lethal for both apps? I really appreciate any advice because I’m super lost right now.
"Lethal" is overstating it a bit, especially with respect to a one point drop. But yeah, given the incredible consistency in your scores, they are probably fairly accurate in measuring whatever the test is supposed to measure for you. You are in great shape for DO, less so for MD, although definitely not DOA at all schools, depending on the rest of your app. I suggest asking the adcom experts for a school list based on your stats and ECs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I received my MCAT score a few weeks ago and was wondering what my best option would be. I am an ORM and this was my second time taking the exam. The first time I scored a 505 (125/126/126/128) and this time I scored a 504 (125/125/125/129). I was scoring higher on my practice exams both times but it seems like it just wasn’t meant to be. I have a 3.9 gpa and reside in NY. Do I have a shot for any MD and DO schools this cycle? Or will my 1 point drop be lethal for both apps? I really appreciate any advice because I’m super lost right now.
I recommend:
Temple (maybe)
SLU (maybe)
WVU if from the Appalachians
Oakland U Beaumont
Wayne State
MCW
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
TCU/UNT
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Your state school(s).
Any DO school. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.