Schools and UNE Online Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DVMGoals77

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I know there is a giant UNE thread discussing the online courses available through the University of New England, but I didn't have any luck finding information about which schools accept these courses and which ones don't. I know it's best to email every school, but wondered if anyone had any information. My summer courses look like they are getting cancelled due to our current state of things, so I'm scrambling to find ways to stay on track and not lose time.

I know that University of Florida, Midwestern, University of Arizona, and UPenn all accept UNE's science courses. Tufts accepts only biochemistry and no others. Anyone else have info. on other schools or a thread I missed with this information?

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really think you should reach out to each school you are interested in. I can tell you that for the class of 2022, Michigan State accepted them but that may not be true any longer. You also don't know me and shouldn't assume I know better than the admissions office.

Reactions: 2 users
I took biochem online through UNE and applied to Tufts, UPEI, Cornell, Wisconsin, NC State, UGA and Florida. Didn’t have any trouble with the pre-req requirements.

For Cornell they require 4 credits of biochem. Mine was only 3 credits but taking Orgo 2 could count towards the credit for biochem. (Looking online, seems like if you have either Orgo class for more than 3 credits then the additional credit can be applied to biochem)

I contacted all the schools I was interested in before starting the class.

Reactions: 1 user
I really think you should reach out to each school you are interested in. I can tell you that for the class of 2022, Michigan State accepted them but that may not be true any longer. You also don't know me and shouldn't assume I know better than the admissions office.
I contacted the 5 schools listed above directly. I was just curious if people had info. from other schools too.

I contacted the 5 schools listed above directly. I was just curious if people had info. from other schools too.
It can change year to year so relying on information not collected for this cycle is not a great plan. The information compiled here also may not even be accurate for future cycles either. It’s best for every applicant each cycle to contact the individual schools they are applying to and send them the syllabi and get it in writing that it will be accepted for that student.

Reactions: 1 users
It can change year to year so relying on information not collected for this cycle is not a great plan. The information compiled here also may not even be accurate for future cycles either. It’s best for every applicant each cycle to contact the individual schools they are applying to and send them the syllabi and get it in writing that it will be accepted for that student.

I agree with this advice. I should mention that there are less expensive and perhaps better options for online schools. UNE is just one of many, but it is well-known since they spend a large amount of $$ on advertising and recruiting staff. That is based on what I have observed as a faculty member.

D

did you happen to do this? I’m scrambling to get my pre reqs done and it’s hard with everything going on
Contact the individual schools you are interested in yourself and see if they accept it. Get it in writing for yourself that they will accept it. Don’t rely on others secondhand info that it will be accepted because schools can change their policies at any time.

Hi, so I’m trying to finish my vet school pre-reqs and online seems to be my best bet due to other responsibilities. Has anyone had success with University of New England online? I’m applying to LIU, MSU, CSU, UF and VMCVM. I’m planning to call them and confirm they will accept it. Just would love some feedback! Thank you

Hi all,

I was accepted to UPenn, and need to complete Microbio and Physics 2 before August. I enrolled at UNE. Has anyone else taken either of these courses with them?

How difficult were they? How did you learn/ study the material? Do you have your study materials still?

TYIA

Last edited: