Schools that use pre rec gpa only?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Earthangel336

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any schools use just the pre-rec grades for the gpa calculation?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes there are actually, but I'm not sure exactly which ones. I suspect they are non-PharmCAS schools since they calculate their own GPAs anyways making it easier for them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Xavier in New Orleans, LA does.
I am not completely sure. It is a bit tougher getting in if you don't go there for pre-pharm. You have to have a lot higher than the average GPA, which is pretty low. (~3.1)

Yes, Xavier only uses your prepharm GPA for admission purposes...gotta go now I have an interview there at 1:00pm I'm so nervous :xf:

Good Luck!

Thanks! I'm finish now and it wasn't that bad. It was like holding a conversation about why I want to do pharmacy and where I see myself in the future. If you have a good prepharm gpa, give Xavier a shot. They don't require the PCAT either.

HTH

Thanks! I'm finish now and it wasn't that bad. It was like holding a conversation about why I want to do pharmacy and where I see myself in the future. If you have a good prepharm gpa, give Xavier a shot. They don't require the PCAT either.

HTH

My pre pharm GPA is excellent. I will consider applying to Xavier. Thanks for coming back to comment about your interview. Good Luck. I hope you get accepted.

UF also ONLY requires pre-pharm GPA. I think it's pretty sad. How a person can get a better grade in organic chemistry than weight training is beyond my knowledge.

:lol: I understand what you mean.

My low overall isn't from things like that though.