Science GPA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omidjoon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be a history or government major in college and in order for me to fit into my degree plan my science requirements i'd have to double minor in biology and chemistry.... though my GPA in my biology and chemistry is not going to be very high, would it be a good idea to bring it up by taking lower level sciences li.e. Astronomy, Nutrition, Geology as courses on the Natural science part of my degree plan to bring up my Science GPA, or do those courses not even count? Just wondering.... :D

Members don't see this ad.

i replied to this in the pre-osteo forum

Omidjoon said:
I am going to be a history or government major in college and in order for me to fit into my degree plan my science requirements i'd have to double minor in biology and chemistry.... though my GPA in my biology and chemistry is not going to be very high, would it be a good idea to bring it up by taking lower level sciences li.e. Astronomy, Nutrition, Geology as courses on the Natural science part of my degree plan to bring up my Science GPA, or do those courses not even count? Just wondering.... :D

Those classes you listed will not even count in your science gpa

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeap, the classes you listed in order to level out your GPA wont count. How about physics, and or biosciences?

riceman04 said:
Those classes you listed will not even count in your science gpa

Omidjoon said:

im not sure abt the others, but astronomy should if its considered a physics class at your school, it is in my school and so it does count towards my bcpm gpa. There are have been other threads on this they should address your question a little better

Astronomy counts. I posted a link in another thread here.