science gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wire

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok guys, quick question..
i'm currently waitlisted at a few schools and still waiting to hear from another. by chance that i might have to re-apply i'm curious about calculation of science gpa. i was an engineering major and forced to take numerous math classes (calc 1, calc2, calc3, the list goes on and on), do i need to include these in my science gpa? these classes are nearly impossible to get A's in and i don't want them dragging down my science gpa like it did on this last AMCAS. can i only include calc 1 to fulfill the math credit? i would prefer to only have my chem, ochem, bio, and physics grades. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have to put them down as math - but i guess you could always try to put it down as something else (but then on verification, they'll probably move it back to math). Kinda sucks - but then again, all the chem/bio/physics majors who didn't do spectacularly on their upper-divs also get screwed too.

Yeah, sorry...all that **** gets lumped in the math category which will drag down your BCPM GPA if you didn't do well in those classes. Sorry about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Mr Reddly
Hey SpiffyJWC,
I like your avatar. If your interested, I modified it to say "You will accept me" :D

You are so awesome! Could you make mine say something? hehe...

I'd be glad to, except that I don't even know what your avatar is!?!?

:( I'm hurt, red... really hurt. It's Patrick Star, from Spongebob Squarepants!

unfortunately you cant pick and choose...all that needs to go into your AMCAS.

arteest.gif
Oh... Ya... Sure... I knew that... Realy I did. *wispers to neighbor * "who's spongebob square pants?"

I know it's a cartoon, but I've honestly never seen it. I think animaniacs was the newest one I've watched... And that was like 6-9 years ago. Guess I'm getting too old.

animaniacs were awesome....

its time for animaniacs
and we're zany to the max...
so just sit back and relax...
you'll laugh till you collapse...
we're an-a-ma-niacs!

Hey SpiffyJWC,
I like your avatar. If your interested, I modified it to say "You will accept me" :D
(see the attachment)

As for the engineering classes, as an FYI, I included some of my other engineering courses as science. That helped offset the negative.

oOo.. thanks! I should have thought about that earlier... now everyone's gonna have a copy of my avatar! =(