Score Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wang259

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am an undergrad who is conditionally accepted into dental school. The last requirement in my acceptance is scoring a minimum of 16 total and 16 perceptual on the DAT, which I will be taking in about 10 days. I have yet to take a practice test, but I've done some adequate studying (CDP, kaplan BB, cliffs ap bio book, and all of destroyer except for the orgo section).
For those who have experience with the DAT's, how hard exactly is it to score a 16? From my understanding, the max score is 30, so does that mean I only need to get roughly 50% of the questions right, or is there some kind of scale? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,
I am an undergrad who is conditionally accepted into dental school. The last requirement in my acceptance is scoring a minimum of 16 total and 16 perceptual on the DAT, which I will be taking in about 10 days. I have yet to take a practice test, but I've done some adequate studying (CDP, kaplan BB, cliffs ap bio book, and all of destroyer except for the orgo section).
For those who have experience with the DAT's, how hard exactly is it to score a 16? From my understanding, the max score is 30, so does that mean I only need to get roughly 50% of the questions right, or is there some kind of scale? Thanks in advance.
There's an scale, and if you can't score 16 total on the DAT you pretty much don't belong in dental school. It's a very doable exam and the national average is ~17.5, which is still higher than 16.
So, you should be able to satisfy that requirement.

Take topscore or achiever or kaplan tests.
Read Cliffs till you have some understanding of bio. Wing gchem and ochem sections.
study a few hours a day for 2 weeks max. you will do fine.

Hey all,

16! Damn, I should have chose dentistry in high school.

If you did well in your college science courses, more then likely you can get a 16 on the science sections of the DAT.