score report

Started by msumed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

msumed

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not going to bitch about my score just want an honest answer if anyone knows. I got a 239 on step 1, very good but will it allow me a shot at some top programs because 240 is the magic number? Thanks.

msumed
 
Who said that 240 is the magic number? 239 is a fine score. Lots of people with less than 240 match into radiology. Much of your success will depend on the rest of your application. You shouldnt give up or get discouraged over your score.
 
Don't sweat it -- I sincerely doubt that this will cost you interviews. Just make sure that you have more than a good Step 1 score to impress selection committees.