Scored terribly on AAMC FL 2. Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saleemrodman1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished AAMC Test 2 and got a 502 (125-123-127-127)

C/P = 35/59
CARS = 32/53
B/B = 46/59
P/S = 48/59

Additionally, I took NS 1-4

NS 1 = 505 (125-126-127-127)
NS 2 = 504 (127-126-126-125)
NS 3 = 503 (126-125-126-126)
NS 4 = 504 (126-126-126-126)

Do I still have time to improve?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm fine with a 125 in CARS and I'm trying to get a 128 in all the other sections. I will definitely take AAMC FL 1, AAMC Sample, AAMC FL 3, and maybe one third party test

Members don't see this ad :)
In one month, I think you can get the score you're looking for. You really have to track which concepts you are not doing well in, and also try to understand what exactly is causing you to get questions wrong, i.e. is this a content error problem, misreading question, misreading answer, running out of time, "silly" mistakes, etc. You definitely need to focus a lot more on C/P because it's quite a lot of ground to make up, but you also have to do some CARS work. I always tell takers (because I really believe it) that the whole MCAT2015 is a giant CARS test, you just so happen to have themed sections. If you can bump your CARS up, you should see incremental improvements spillover to other sections.

In one month, I think you can get the score you're looking for. You really have to track which concepts you are not doing well in, and also try to understand what exactly is causing you to get questions wrong, i.e. is this a content error problem, misreading question, misreading answer, running out of time, "silly" mistakes, etc. You definitely need to focus a lot more on C/P because it's quite a lot of ground to make up, but you also have to do some CARS work. I always tell takers (because I really believe it) that the whole MCAT2015 is a giant CARS test, you just so happen to have themed sections. If you can bump your CARS up, you should see incremental improvements spillover to other sections.

For C/P, I am going to start doing UWorld C/P passages to get a lot of practice, so I can push that to a 128. I just went through some questions on the test, and a lot of my mistakes came from careless reading. I would rush to assume which would give me a wrong answer...and when I went back and looked at the passages and actually read more carefully, I knew EXACTLY what I did wrong, which is kind of relieving in that I know my content, but frustrating as well.

For CARS, this is my kryptonite. I have been doing 3 passages per day for the last two months, and my scores fluctuate between a 125-126 on NS. This 123 was the lowest I have ever scored. This section is just my executioner.

For B/B, I was one correct answer away from a 128 on my AAMC FL 2, but made a silly mistake where I forgot Methionine had an S-CH3, and not a Sulfhydrl group >.<...so close.

For P/S, I needed 3 more correct answers to be at my goal of 128...again, not too worried, but I will keep those Anki cards rolling.

Last edited: