Scoring for pass fail

Started by Dentite21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dentite21

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've read a lot of things about what you need to get in order to pass the NBDE I. In order to pass I know you need a Composite score of 75. I also heard that you want between 240-250. Is this accurate? Do you need to pass each section in order to pass or is it just the total? I have a score calculator sheet from 1998 but it seems way off (i.e. 45/100 questions in anatomy = composite score of 75). Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
 
Hi Dentite21,
I think if you are getting 260-270+ correct then it can considered as a safe score... ...when I took my test I was pretty confident of 250 questions ,....how the score is actually calculated even I am not sure...just believe in yourself and prepare well for everything ... you will surely do fine..good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've read a lot of things about what you need to get in order to pass the NBDE I. In order to pass I know you need a Composite score of 75. I also heard that you want between 240-250. Is this accurate? Do you need to pass each section in order to pass or is it just the total? I have a score calculator sheet from 1998 but it seems way off (i.e. 45/100 questions in anatomy = composite score of 75). Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It's true approximately 240-260 questions = passing grade. During the exam, you have no idea which questions are not scored. Each exam has trial questions which are not scored.

So, with that being said, studying to the best of your ability is the ideal approach.

Goodluck guys